Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, June 5th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, June 5th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:58 am

Good morning,

I'm out on the deck this morning, huddled under a quilt, sitting under the patio warmer, and listening to it rain. Life is good! If you haven't seen it, I posted a Cindy update in the Sew-in section. I also posted a photo of my finished retro trailers. Now to figure out where to put them. There's so little wall space in our fifth-wheel that I may have to display them in the house instead. But I WILL display them. Last night I got a small start on new X-St project. This one is called Winter Ride by Dimensions.

A few days ago Judi found me 1-1/2 yds of the background fabric I ran short of for Star Bright and yesterday Tina found me another yard! Hooray!! Thank you so much, Ladies! If I don't have enough fabric now, I'm going to call it a quilt anyway! lol! But I think I do :D :D

Today we're taking a drive for most of the day down near the ocean, almost as far as where we go to camp. About 100 miles to Westport Winery to pick up our quarterly club selections. Bill's sister, Becky, lives close to there so we'll pick them up and take them with us to the winery, do a little wine-tasting, (after all, it's free to club members!) and have lunch in their oh-so-good cafe. And if the weather permits, we can walk the many acres of garden paths they have on their landscaped grounds.

Besides my Star Bright, I decided my next quilt is going to be for Autumn - another Gypsy Dancer (my 3rd) done in pinks to celebrate her new happy favorite color. It's been black for far too long and to hear she now loves pink is delightful news to this mama's heart. Gypsy Dancer is the ideal quilt because when Aut was little I WAS a gypsy dancer and our little group performed all over Western WA. And those dancing days are some of her favorite memories. Memories that also include her dad, who died when she was only 8. So you can see why this project will be special. I can't wait to start it.

Guess I woke up in a chatty mood this morning. Sorry. But it's going to be such a nice day!

VELDA - thanks for them Sloppy Joe/BBQ explanation. I thought you meant sloppy joes AND BBQ. I was wondering just how many folks were coming to this shindig! lol! How was the party? I bet it was such a good feeling to hug that new Marine! And your Marine-in-waiting, too. God bless them both!

BECCA - all your hard work puts me to shame! I never even got out to feed my roses. And I only have FOUR! I have a recipe I want to try that calls for butternut squash, blue cheese, and sage. Not sure right now what else, but it sounds delish so I got a big tub of blue cheese but then couldn't find the squash! Wrong season, I guess. So in the meantime we've been eating blue cheese on everything! :lol:

JANA - I hope you're done with your carpet soon. Just reading about it sets my low back to aching! That is definitely a "blue" job in this house (as opposed to "pink" jobs which include toilets and mopping floors and washing cabinets among other things). We have tried those Command hooks but they don't work well in the trailer. Too much jouncing and they don't always hold. We do have a special way we adhere things to the wall. It's just finding some vacant wall that's our problem. I bet big meals are fun in your family with all the smokin', grillin', BBQ'in', and potato salad! I don't drink much pop, but when I do, root beer is also my pop of choice.

Before we leave later this morning, I'm going to get a batch of chili going in the crockpot and set it out on the deck. We'll have a hot meal waiting for us when we get home, plus enough left to freeze for one or two meals on our camping trip. I'd make cornbread, too, but we'd just eat it and neither of us needs that. So no cornbread. Not this time.

What's happening on our plate tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, June 5th

Post by Becca » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:20 am

Hello everyone sunny here at 74 Very nice
It’s been a busy morning with laundry FaceTime with Keith then lots of texting from Denise & Marty
I got meds done then did lunch
Maryz Your day sounds delightful Enjoy time with family Hope your chili is ok outside I would be afraid to do that due to animals & fire
Of course you know your surroundings better than I
Glad Autumn is loving pinks My favorite color & purple You area devoted Mom
I’m making spaghetti n meatballs CAs request Beths bread makes it better
Have a great day everyone Becca
And salad

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, June 5th

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:11 am

Good almost afternoon!

Been busy doing uglies, where did my cleaning fairies disappear too? Seems like all I am doing is cleaning! I know I am making progress, slow that I am. Now I need a quick run to the store, I am out of kitchen floor cleaner for my Crosswave machine.

Dinner - grilled chicken and a salad. We may eat on the deck, if the temps have cooled down a bit by the time we eat.

All the kids are on their way home now. They should be just about done packing up camp. It's about a 2 hour drive home, if you behave coming down Parley's summit. It is a very nasty grade, one of Aaron's most troublesome spots. He is on duty today, but down in a different county.

Mary - enjoy the trip and getting your goodies. It's hard being the last in your family generation, have fun visiting with Bill's sister. The other day, Sandee and Sarah were trying to figure out ages of my older nieces and if they knew my dad, I was the go to for the answers, I am the last that still is of sound mind. My older brother isn't that anymore and it's sad to see.

Becca - Saturdays are fun at your house visiting with all the online chats! Maybe that's how I should do it, to keep my house clean! LOL! I don't think so.

Well, I have some cleaning to do while I wait for Michael to go with me to the store,
Hugs, lots of prayers too,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”