Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 3rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 3rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:56 am

Good morning,

The days are really rolling by me this week. But I do believe I get to stay home today after my walk, which always happens right after I post S.C.. I had a massage appt for this morning but he called and asked if I could go yesterday afternoon instead. Since it's only 2 miles from me, it was no problem. And that freed up my day today! I'm going to finish getting my sisters' Christmas packages wrapped and packed. I got all my new fabrics washed and folded. Now to figure out how to squeeze them into my sewing room. Really, if you saw how small and how crammed my sewing room is, you'd know the problem I have fitting even one more fabric in. But I wasn't about to miss out on that sale, so I stocked up. I have been too busy to sew even a single stitch for several days now. I'm starting to go into withdrawals!

JANA - that was the road I was picturing Aaron on. You know, I hadn't given it any thought that Antonio would be asking for Aut's hand, though it's a possibility. It sounds like something he'd do. But she is technically still married to Aaron and I think he'd wait until she is free before he'd take the next step. Though we were grandparents by the time we were their age, so that sweet formality may get by-passed. They aren't kids. But we'll see! Stay tuned...

LORI - what a pack of best friends you have! Wineries and quilt shops. Such a fun trip, but could get expensive. The more wine you taste, the more you fabric you might buy (not to mention wine!) . . . :lol: I have no local quilty friends but I do have wino friends, so usually our trips are just to the wineries and occasionally I get to stop into an LQS on my own. What does tasting cost in CA these days?

BECCA - what a hassle about the car inspection. I hope it's not a long drive. Here we have to go about 25 miles, across the toll bridge and through Tacoma to another small town. I'd be fussed if I had to return again another day.

We were about 85* the last couple days, but cloudy and 72* today. I think I'll take the extra grilled chicken left over from last night and make a BBQ chicken pizza tonight. And I really need to start figuring out what I want to take, foodwise, in our trailer for our next camping trip. We leave a week from tomorrow and will be gone about 2 weeks. Just us this time, no extra hangers-on going with us. But I need to get organized. I have quite a pile of lists on the kitchen counter - Christmas, birthday, shopping, packing, menu. I need a list of my lists! :lol: Anyway, what's going on your plate tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 3rd

Post by Becca » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:31 am

Hello everyone cloudy here
I need to get outside but taking time to write I got shots car inspection done groceries & 2 more stops I want to sit but must finish outside
Maryz It was a hassle about inspection but it went quick It’s right is street grocery store is so just hassle of going back & it’s a bad street to get out in but a nice man let me out
I have been that way for 2 days with lists So glad I got it don’t
I thought about Engagement too maryz Our DS just gave his diamond to his fiancé
And money & paper is in mail for the car tag
Another chore complete
CA wanted me to get Subway again so I complied Guess tomorrow I’ll cook I left a chunk of change at the grocery because I hadn’t been for 21/2 weeks & bought very little then Now I’m stocked
Have a great day everyone Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:41 am

Good morning!
I have a break in my painting so thought I'd check in here. Frankie is doing a part I can't do at the moment so it puts painting on hold till in the morning for me. I already painted this morning LOL my house is striped because I had to paint all the grooves first so I'm not struggling when I do the roller. I think the sides will go faster because there's no replacing and only a nail or 2 to hammer in before painting.
Our temps are in the 90's and next Wednesday start triple digits 🥵 I'm soooooo not ready for that!
Dad's coming for supper tonight so I told him I'd make patty melts and fries..... we're eating bad tonight. Last night was just a salad so maybe it evens out.
Mary, you had a fun fabric day yesterday for sure!
Jana, I know how you feel with Aaron and his job, our son works for the highway department and he's a semi and equipment driver.... the stories he tells me.... no wonder I'm getting more white hairs!
Becca, that's a bummer about having to make another trip for the inspection. Tell them they owe you big time😉
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:15 am

Good morning, still for a minute or so.

Not much here. Very quiet, everyone is gone camping. With that, I may just do the stairs and get that very ugly chore out of my hair.

It too is very hot here - nearing triple digits. That wilts you fast! So with that, I may not cook, but go out and find a nice shady spot later for dinner. At this point, a ice cream cone sounds good for dinner! Or maybe a snow cone!

I can sew - the boys moved all the stuff of mine, that was in their way, that I moved out of their way, to a empty table, out of both our ways. I have plenty of pre-started projects that I can work on. My LA area, is still our of commission, as I don't want to load a quilt and have ceiling dust fall on it.

Mary - I too love lists! And need them to keep me on track and remembering what I needed.

Tina - what our kids do to our hair! Sounds like you and Frankie have a similar system to us, when we painted the barn.

Becca - hope the car registration gets done. Matt has been trying to get his truck registered, but he can't due to getting all the sensors up to speed with the new engine. He got stopped last night for no tags.

Well, better get something done,
Enjoy!
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”