Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, June 2nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, June 2nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:48 am

Good morning,

Blue skies and 60* here at 0600 this morning. I'm savoring it because tomorrow we'll start to slide back down the thermometer to 54* and rainy by the weekend. Guess it will be a sewing weekend. So not all bad!

Yesterday was hot and busy. I hit the fabric store and did some major damage to the credit card. But oooh, does my stash look nice and fat - and white! They didn't have the white I was looking for (I think I bought that in TX last winter) but they had lots of other whites and I stocked up. A few 30's, a landscape fabric, and a good selection of pinks, where I was lacking. I have half of them on the line and the rest will get washed today. I also hit some thrift shops and found some big pieces - enough to back 4 quilts plus 2 pieces of Irish fabric for my Someday Irish Chain, all averaging about $1.50/yd. It was a great day, but hot in the car and parking lots! Today is chiropractor and washing fabric and getting my sisters' and BILS' Christmas and birthday packages organized, wrapped, and boxed. My older sis will be here 2 months from today and she will haul the boxes back to CO for me in their RV.

JANA - I kind of consider Aaron driving the wrong way on those canyon roads, lit up and howling, rather adventurous! I've seen some of your canyon roads! Sorry about more disruption, but better now than later.

BECCA - you never seem to rest! But keeping on the move is the secret to being able to keep on the move. How is Hadlee doing? Heard any updates lately?

VELDA - You described one of Bill's favorite meals when we are on the road - Rice-a-roni, canned chicken, and I toss in some peas, too. I have a friend who makes it and adds in a small can of drained crushed pineapple (though I might consider the flavor of rice mix before I did that.) I am making up menus for our next 2-week camping trip (leaving June 11) and you reminded me to put that on the list!

Tonight's supper is going to be grilled chicken, rice, and salad. Easy peasy. How about you?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, June 2nd

Post by auntjana » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:43 am

Good morning !

Calmed down from my rant. Still not a happy camper, but better.

The kids will all be gone camping together this weekend. Sarah and Sandee are heading up to Coalville today. Matt will go tomorrow. So it will be quiet around here! Scott and Sandee might tow up the new side by side for Matt. It's a bright lime green color, so his kids are calling Yoda right now. We will see if the name sticks. Aaron and Kate are both on duty, but Aaron will take the little girls up for dinner on Friday.

Mary - you and Bill have been on the road Aaron ran code 3 on. Spanish Fork canyon, Hwy 6 on one of your trips through here. You did good on your shopping trip yesterday! And good to save on postage too. Do you think the trip from Autumn has other implications, like asking by Antonio for her hand? Just thinking....

Dinner - still sitting on the back burner at the moment, but that rice a roni dish sounds good to me.

Well, Tim's here, better keep an eye on things, not that will help much, LOL,

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:44 am

Mary, sounds like a good day. Fabric shopping is always fun.

Jana, code 3 driving is fun, but it's so dangerous. People don't pay attention. I've been on
duty when officers rolling code get hit because drivers are clueless. Good thing Aaron drives
a monster truck.

I got packing to do today. Going on a trip with 3 other women up the central coast. They usually have a quilt run this time of year, but it was canceled. So we're making our own quilt run. I think there is at least 12 shops on our list. Plus we'll hit a few wineries and the "Field of Lights" in Paseo Robles.

I think dinner will be something easy. Maybe leftovers again.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:30 pm

Hello everyone cloudy here Maybe a shower will come
I got 6 of my stops done this morning but have to go back on inspection The computer was down & couldn’t filllout my paperwork It was the State web site So back again tomorrow
I have 3 stops tomorrow
Came Home & after lunch I trimmed 4 more forsythia That finished them Leaves only 1 azalea to go
Maryz Your thrift shops amaze me I can never find fabric Only little pieces
Glad you were so fortunate
Hadlee is doing great Thank you for asking
Another miracle on them God has blessed them over & over
Jana Arrons job would make me a wreck Glad someone is willing
Lori Your trip will be so much fun Enjoy
I stopped at Subway so we will have grilled cheese or cereal
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”