Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 1st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 1st

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:34 am

Good beautiful morning!

It's June! Can you believe it? And we are having beautiful weather this week. Nice! I did all the laundry yesterday and hung it on the lines. The sheets smelled so sweet last night!

JANA - some days are meant to take a break from gumption and "gotta-do's", and maybe even from fun things! I got a kick out of Ethan riding his bike to tell you in person all the news! Funny about him hiding from the little girl next door. My great nephew's wife posted on FB yesterday. It was their 10th anniversary and she told how they'd had a crush on each other since 6th grade. And my own Lara and Lee first met each other at ages 6 & 9. Crushes developed about 12 & 15 and they were an item by 14 & 17 and married at 18 & 21. They've been very happily married almost 32 years now.

LORI - I bet you're right about the Beehive State! I better get out and see what's around here regarding honey. Mostly, I just buy the 3 bears at Costco. I bet your quilting is a lot better than you think. We are our worst critics, you know. That being said, my freehand feathers are awful!! lol!

BECCA - you really do have a long list of errands and things to do! Have to say, I hate running errands. And I have several to do today and tomorrow. Ugh!

Well, since I started this post 15 minutes ago, our menu has changed from leftover ziti to grilled chicken to grilled steak. We can't face the ziti another night so it's going into the freezer for another day. Then, while rooting around in the freezer I found steak that we'd forgotten about, so Bill said, "Steak!". I have some new potatoes, too, though not sure yet how I'll fix them. And salad, of course.

What sounds good to you?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 1st

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:53 am

Good morning!

It is beautiful here too. Warm and warming up to hot! Just the way I like it! Batt Cave is always the perfect temp, so outside heat isn't a problem. Our handyman will be here shortly.

So my sewing will be interrupted for awhile. I finished as far as I am going with my carpet washing. Too much construction traffic, so instead of doing it twice, I will do it once.

No Aaron stories. He did have to run down a highway using his lights and sirens , on the wrong side of the road, to get to a accident. Traffic was backed up because of all the campers coming home and the accident. Not a fun road to drive, it's a canyon road and a major thoroughfare.

Dinner - lunch out might be late, so we may just graze what is in my refrigerator later. My oven is slightly out of commission, as I am cleaning the racks.

Time to scoot,
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:40 am

Hello everyone been partly sunny
Mowing man was here I got 4 forsythia bushes trimmed 3 to go Heat go to be too much Man come to check CAs pro time All’s well there
I have leftovers from yesterday Will be that or Ham & Cheese
Maryz Glad you are having nice temperatures
Jana Wise to wait until all construction is over
Have a great day to all. Becca

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:08 pm

Hi supper club pals. I was going to grill tonight, but now there is a chance for a rain shower. Guess I will do a quick dish, I have for a " fall- back". A package of Microwave rice mix. Can't remember exactly what flavor. I just remembered it was something that goes with chicken. I have a can of prepared chicken chunks. I will heat the meat and add it to the rice dish before serving. We had this one other night for a quick throw together meal. Delicious! Toss salad and fruit for dessert.
Yesterday we treated ourselves to a big breakfast out at restaurant, so supper was a very light snack.
That's one reason I had planned to grill pork chops tonight. It can wait one more day.
It's good to share ideas here with all of you.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:11 pm

Oh I hate change orders! Michael and the handyman decided that I needed to empty my newly organized bookcase, so they can move it to run a heavy duty outdoor cable so that the barn will have electricity. So I am really out of commission for a few days more! UGGGGH! The wire stretches from the utility room, across the ceiling over to the book case area and out that corner through the wall to the out side into the already buried pipe for it. Not something I planned on. But oh well.......... Better to do it now while everything is disrupted, than later!

Return to “Chit Chat”