Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Memorial Day, May 31st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Memorial Day, May 31st

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 31, 2021 6:47 am

Good morning,

Well, wasn't that a party! We had a nice evening last night. I worked in the yard for about 3 hours yesterday, did some kitchen work, a bit of fabric-cutting, and then Bill built a fire and we had an hour to relax together before company arrived. Happy hour was fun, dinner was good, and everyone left by 8pm. Had the kitchen cleaned, watched a little TV, and I was in bed by 9, asleep by 9:02. Long gone are the days of partying until midnight! :lol:

Today I think I'll do a couple loads of laundry. Maybe hang it out. Going to be 75* but cloudy. A storm is going through B.C., but the edges of it are clouding up our skies. And I think I'll cut some more little stars and work on finishing touches on my X-stitch project. Sure would like to finish that. Michael's is having a big frame sale so I may pop by there this afternoon - only 2-1/2 miles away. It's a brand new day. Possibilities are endless!

LOIS - so you were sitting in your sewing room, looking around, trying to get started. Don't leave us hanging! Did you get started? On what? That tablerunner is similar in shape to the spiral TR I've made a few times. I really like it - unusual.

BECCA - I like your recipe for meatballs. Though the one I used yesterday was good, too, but I think I'd make them bigger. Mine were about the size of a 50 cent piece. I think porcupines would be a hit with Bill.

JANA - how did Stu's shift with Aaron go? I'm with Michael, No mint ice cream (or chocolate either) for me! My favorite is vanilla. And my second favorite is vanilla! Wanna know my third favorite?? What's a "parade" used to keep meatballs soft? I've been wracking my brain as to what that might be besides a typo.

LORI - I've gone wine tasting, beer tasting, cheese tasting. Maybe I need to go honey-tasting! Almost everything here is clover honey. I checked out your JN project. Beautiful! Let's show it off!

For supper tonite, I'll take the leftover pasta sauce, layer it with some fresh penne, ricotta, mozzarella, and pop it into the oven. Basically, baked ziti. And toss a salad. I'm already hungry.

Have you got a supper plan yet?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Memorial Day, May 31st

Post by auntjana » Mon May 31, 2021 9:57 am

Good morning!

Just vegging at the moment, trying to find some gumption to go do something. Haven't found it yet! I have plenty that needs to be done and plenty of fun things too.

Ethan rode his bike down to the house last night. He just had to ask me a question about when and where we were going to get a hamburger together to celebrate the end of school this year. This had to be asked in person, a phone call just wouldn't work. Silly boy! He wanted me to know his schedule for the week, he is going camping leaving on Wednesday. We will go tomorrow. The little girl is chasing Ethan all over, so he will be hiding out at Grandma's quite a bit of the summer, until this crush thing on the girl's part is over.

I posted the antics of Aaron and Stu yesterday over in Sew- in. It is a common occurrence this time of year here, for the troopers to rescue baby ducklings.

Dinner - simple grilled chicken and fresh corn on the cob.

Mary - stupid spell check! It was panade - made by soaking torn up bread in milk , squeezing out the excess milk and creating a paste with the soaked bread, then adding it to the meat mixture. I leave my panade quite wet, so my meatballs are rather sloppy, but still hold a shape. I then bake then for a few minutes, not quite done, and finish them in my sauce - or as it's called, Sunday gravy. I will stuff them too, sometimes, with a chunk of mozzarella. I smash the wet bread with a fork, so there are not big chunks of bread. The bread mixture disappears in the meatballs. There you have it. I also use my ice cream scoop to make them all the same size, and then round them in my hand. One is plenty here with sauce and angel hair pasta.

Well, still no gumption, but need to go,
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon May 31, 2021 10:17 am

Mary, I bet there is honey tasting in Utah. It is the Bee Hive state after all.
Sound like your dinner went well.

Jana, I saw your funny story about the baby ducks. I have one too. I'll add it over there later.

I finished the quilting and binding on my JN yesterday. I need to practice my feather quilting. It's been a while and they aren't as nice as I would like them to be. I'll make up a simple top to practice. Since I'm doing more JN quilts I'll need to get better at it. Otherwise I'll have to pay a lot of money to have them quilted.

For dinner I think we'll have leftovers.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon May 31, 2021 2:40 pm

Hello everyone late here Been a busy day Filled with shrub trimming Ivy trimmed by car & on pavement Took my walk Visited with Denise by phone
Did corespondents & did paperwork
Actually set on porch 15 mins
Made dinner We had steak green beans stewed apples
Maryz Thats been my day To me clover Honey is no honey at all Too bad you can’t get a better kind
Jana Your Ethan is so funny I feel for him being chased at his young age
Lori I’m sure your feather quilting is pretty
You are probably too hard on yourself

I have to get hair cut on Wed & Shots on Thursday plus lots of other business to take care of Car inspection buy groceries & mulch pick up meds for CA Dollar General I will be glad when it’s all done
Hope everyone had a good day
Jana The ducklings were too cute I’m sure
Amazing they made it across Hwy
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”