Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 17

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 17

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 17, 2021 6:46 am

Good morning! And happy Norwegian Independence Day!

My late hubby was Norwegian and we always celebrated his special day.

We are leaving this morning for 4 nights. We'll be in Yakima with 2 other couples, wine-tasting. Yesterday was a flurry of shopping and then cleaning/cutting up lots of veggies for happy hours. We are providing supper for everyone tonite so this morning I'm going to make a layered dessert and put our tenderized flank steak into a lime marinade for the trip. This recipe is for carne asada tacos. I also made the pico de gallo to add to it as well as all the traditional taco toppings. We're also having corn on the cob and refried beans. And, while this is a wine-tasting trip, in keeping with our Mexican theme we're taking maragaritas and Modelo beer in case anyone wants to deviate from the wine for their happy hour drink.

Mary Rose, it's a happy day when you stop by the table! I'm sorry things aren't moving at a faster pace for you, but at least you seem to be moving forward. When is your next dr appt? You are making great progress on your cross-stitched label for the wedding quilt. What a labor of love!

Lori - so pleased to see you here, too. Again, my sympathies on losing your mom. It's a hard thing to go through.

Becca - praying for Hadlee and that her family can get the gas to go to the hospital. Will they stay at Denise's? Or other family? You made popcorn chicken yesterday. Do you buy it frozen or make it yourself? I use frozen because it's so much easier but am always open to a new recipe.

Hope your supper is dee-lish tonite! If all goes well (new recipes!) ours will be, too.

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 17

Post by Becca » Mon May 17, 2021 7:27 am

Hello everyone Been with internet yesterday right after I wrote until now
Got walk in So pretty today
Maryz I use fresh chicken breast cut in bite size pieces I spray my pan real good with Pam add chicken and cook until brown Of course salt & pepper I have never brought it already made
I don’t know where Levi & Taylor are staying They hoped to stay in the place provided by Hospital because they have a monitor in room you can see your child on
I’m sure it not they will be at Denise’s
There is no other family close They are all here or in Tennessee
Your menu sounds great Enjoy

Rosebud So happy to see you but so sorry you have no answer I pray for you each day that help will come You do seem to stay focused on your task

Lori you have my sympathy It’s hard to lose your MotherI think of mine a lot every day Hugs to you

Jana Your house is never dull If you are like me you love it

I’m cooking pinto beans Will add cornbread and potatoes with onions roasted. Becca

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:56 am

Good morning Mary and Becca. Today I need to get some ugh-lies done. I also need to get watering schedules made for another 2 weeks. LOL, management has deemed the Garden Center my department. I am in charge of making schedules for people to water each day, and follow up making sure they are getting the watering done. Saturday the store manager came to me and told me "Your live goods report came in yesterday. Out of 500 stores you are number two". Now to keep it there and move up to first, lol. I also got an Award Of Exellence badge from our Regional Vice President for living our values. The attached explanation was as follows:
Core Value Demonstrated: Creating share holder value.
Thank you for your attention to live goods and helping that class grow tremendously! 93.1% comp!

Yesterday was the Big Day for Alexis and John Luke. They "tied the knot" and then left for Honolulu...

Supper for tonight is undetermined at this time.

Mary/Rosebud

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 17, 2021 10:41 am

Good morning!

Mary Rose - congratulations on such a great achievement! I am very good at killing all my 0lants! If it were not for a sprinkler timer, the only thing that would grow would be weeds!

Becca - many prayers and faith that all will go well.

Mary - your shared dinner sounds yummy, except for the liquid refreshment. I would be happy with a newly bottled of moojuice! LOL! Enjoy all the tastings!

Baden will be here in a few minutes. Ethan may be here too. It seems as if my younger group of grands are more like brother and sister and play together very well. They are all close in age, so that helps. Ethan is the ringleader, being the oldest.

Dinner - I picked up at Costco a small rack of baby back ribs, that are precooked and just need to be heated, sauced and served. I have fresh corn too.

Maybe I will get to sew, sometime today...

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”