Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, May 16

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, May 16

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 16, 2021 6:34 am

Good morning,

What a beautiful weekend we're having here. Rain is on the way next week, and we need it, so no complaints about rain! No complaints about our new mattress either. The first night was one of those sleepless ones for me. They happen. Don't think it was the mattress. Next night I slept better, and then better. And I'm waking up a bit later. This morning my back was the best yet. So I think this is going to work for us!

My luncheon yesterday was nice and the food was good (turkey & havarti melt, salad). I brought half home for Bill. And my friend sent home one piece of her fish and chips. He was happy! :D I also cleaned my sewing room and got my Halloween tablerunner all ready to quilt on Stitch. It's been so long maybe you don't recall that. I'm backing it with fall leaf fabric. I can decorate for fall and when Halloween comes, simply flip it over. Easy peasy.

JANA - I think most little kids go through their mac & cheese phase. Mine sure did and they even preferred boxed to homemade. I remember a Far Side cartoon about the son, Mike, making box mac & cheese. It hung on our fridge for years!

BECCA - Prayers go with little Hadlee this week. I'll be gone but my prayers will find the right ears. I have no doubt your little Clara will do it! She sounds like she will go far in life. Your tea towels sound so Becca. :D Such a nice idea to have little gifts to offer guests. I've taken a page from your book and guests walk out of here with homemade jam. (as well as one of my precious jars!) As for gas, I asked my resident expert on all things 'blue' (blue being things most men traditionally know about. Tradtional 'girl knowledge', we term "pink".). He said if gas is older than 6 months, you should probably put it into the tank with your next fill up as it needs to be mixed with a large amount of fresh gas. And then refill your can when you can. And we do store our extra gas in plastic 1-gal containers in our shop. (we have two of them), but we rotate it frequently through the tank. and we always leave head room for expansion.

Today is grocery shopping and we may come home with supper from the store. If not, there is always poached eggs. Or Cheerios. Or frozen perogis. Or PB&J's. It's good to have choices.

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, May 16

Post by Becca » Sun May 16, 2021 9:42 am

Hello everyone sunny here & a balmy 72 I watched Church this morning Then fixed our meal I made green beans & popcorn chicken It was tasty
Maryz I had given all my tea towels away My 2 nieces left with one each I decided to mail my other nieces theirs
I like to have them on hand I used to have jams relishes & pickles on hand but not anymore Gave it up
Glad your mattress is working for you
I know about Gas We rotate ours too
Thanks to you & Jana for advice on gas

Oh mine all loved Mac n cheese but not the box kind only mine

Thanks for remembering our little Hadlee I just pray everything goes well for her & Levi & Taylor I hope they find gas It’s a 31:2 hr drive one way
Have a wonderful day everyone Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun May 16, 2021 10:41 am

Thank you all for your kind words. Losing my Mom is one of the hardest things in my life.
I have lots of great memories of her to get me through this hard time. Dementia robbed her of her last years, but she was still as sweet as could be regardless.
Lori 8-)

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun May 16, 2021 10:55 am

Good morning, life is moving faster than my body these days. Sorry I haven't been around, but I think about you all daily. There still are no answers as to what the cause is for my medical issues, hence no surgery, at least not in the near future.

Lori- My heart goes out to you. It is difficult to lose any of our loved ones, but especially our moms. I send special hugs and prayers to and for you at this delicate time.

Homemade enchiladas are what the taste buds are craving, however a trip to the store would be required to make them. I will see if Charles wants to go pick up the ingredients to make them. If not, something else will be on our plates tonight, just not sure what that will be.

Hugs to everyone. Enjoy your meal, whatever you decide on.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”