Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sat, May 15th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sat, May 15th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat May 15, 2021 6:38 am

Good morning,

May 15th is Law Enforcement Memorial Day when we honor fallen officers. Perhaps you could add them and their families to your prayer list today. Law Enforcement is traveling a rough road these days.

BECCA - I've been wondering how you are faring with the gas situation, though I know you don't go far or often. Bill said he saw a picture or video of one woman trying to fill a plastic bag with gas! I assumed that wasn't you! That is so neat about your DGGD writing a book! I remember starting to write a book, too, at age 9. But I suffered from serious writer's block on page 3. It was about a girl, age 9, and her family starting out in a wagon train on the Oregon Trail - my favorite genre in 1960. Do you know what your DGGD's book is about?

Tonite we're sweeping the freezer. Always an iffy supper situation. I have a container of New Brunswick stew that needs to be eaten or tossed. So, we'll see what happens when I put it in front of Bill. We're also going to eat up the last of the salad makings. The fridge is looking pretty bare right now, but that's just how I like to leave it when we go away, even when it's only for 4 nights.

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sat, May 15th

Post by Becca » Sat May 15, 2021 7:07 am

Hello everyone sunny here & a beautiful day Took walk did laundry Taking break
I did have a productive day yesterday

Maryz I just know Clara’s book is a first in series of mysteries I have no doubt she will finish She’s a very driven child She worked on her Moms quilt in the night so no one would know She embroidered all their names on blocks too I didn’t know how she did until Keith told us
I never got to see My nieces service but Denise sent me a copy of Marks part he did which was all the service
Sure you will enjoy your trip
On the gas front it’s in very short supply here Most all
Places are empty We have some in can in basement if needed No I know better than to put gas in plastic Keith did say he saw a man attacking a young girl at a line he was waiting in He got out & told the gentleman to apologize to her which he did There have been cases of people doing other things we have a half tank & I go very little
My embroidery work is all birds flowers & bird houses I may add butterflies

Prayers for all of our law enforcement & their families Thank them for their sacrifice
Our little Hadlee goes to Hospital on Monday for surgery on Wednesday Prayers are appreciated
We have leftovers from pizza yesterday
Becca

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sat, May 15th

Post by auntjana » Sat May 15, 2021 10:47 am

Good morning!

No idea on dinner, but I have a hunch that real mac and cheese may. Sarah is watching the girls and coming over here to work on the landscape plan. Those girls are going to turn into a Mac and cheese one thing we can always get them to eat! Gracie and Lila are grazers, just a bite or two, then off and running. So not how my kids were raised.

Heading down to the Batt Cave to work on my May Wallhanging. We are getting quite warm and might need to turn on the A/C. Thought we never would get warm!

Mary - I too would leave my refrigerator empty when we left on vacation. Thanks for the reminder - the Thin Blue line needs to be honored and remembered.

Becca - oh what people do when they are not prepared! Beware of the gas in the basement, it may be old and have water in it and that can cause problems.

Well, time to be useful, LOL!
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”