Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, May 13

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, May 13

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu May 13, 2021 6:34 am

Good morning,

We are having a week of pretty weather here. It's going to start deteriorating Monday which is when we're leaving for a week to enjoy even prettier weather across the mountains in Yakima wine country. :D Our timing is purrfect!

Yesterday was more laundry. And making up the new bed. I even washed Scottie's bed. Not sure about the new mattress yet. I woke at 2am, finally got up at 3:30. But then I have nights like that anyway, so I'm not blaming it on the mattress. Yet. I've also been putting together blocks donated for comfort quilts. Making up tops so they are ready to go when we need them. So my Star Bright quilt is on hold for now, which is fine. I have no need to finish it pronto. I'm also going through recipes, making choices for food when camping - and lists. I am a list maker of the first order! lol! But I do want to be prepared because we're going with 2 other rigs and we'll be sharing meals. Don't want to forget an essential item.

Today I'm going to turn on trailer fridge, double check my lists, and assemble a few more quilt tops. They go together quickly when the blocks are already made!

JANA - that is a weighty decision Scott and Sandee have to make. Mike and I were faced with such a decision back in 1974. I was working for Weyerhaeuser then and he was out of college looking for work. He got a job offer with Bureau of Land Management in Denver. I quit my job and off we went with our toddler, Lara. Our moms were NOT happy! But turned out the job was only 36 hrs/wk, not 40. They neglected to tell us that. And without that other 4 hrs of pay, we were struggling. After 2 months Mike got a job offer back home so we moved back and our moms danced with joy! What an adventure we had with U-Hauls breaking down, someone breaking into our motel room at midnight on our trip home, and more! Anyway, I digress. Sorry. I don't envy S & S having to make this decision.

TINA - Back 'in the day' kindergarten here was half-day, 5 days a week. Now, some schools do it differently. Will Preston be all day, some days, or half-day, all days?

BECCA - I love it! A special book made by Great-Gramma called Avery's Adventures! How old is she now? Seems like she was just born.

Tonite, I think we're going to have a baked potato bar. Bacon bits, green onions, sour cream, cheese, etc. And, of course, a small salad.

Will you be cooking tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, May 13

Post by Becca » Thu May 13, 2021 7:53 am

Hello everyone sunny here Got my walk in early just the way I like it
Maryz Avery will be 5 & so will Wren It’s hard to believe Our youngest is the last set of twins
I do hope the mattress is a good choice It’s hard to tell until you sleep on them
Happy Camping again
I plan to do more purging again It’s hard for me to throw cards awayI told Denise
She can do it after I’m gone I love to read them again
I think today I’ll make CA his favorite soup banned Mine will be Bisque of tomato with grilled cheese. Becca
Praying for Lori & her Family & Rosebud

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu May 13, 2021 10:19 am

Thank you Becca. My mom passed away on Saturday. My parents 68th Anniversary would have been Sunday. She was a beautiful woman. I miss her.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:47 am

Good morning!
It's been another busy morning here but I did get my watering done. I left the kitchen to do till lunch dishes need washing too.
Mary, glad you're having a week of nice weather, we are too 🤞 I hope it stays that way. We used to have half days of kindergarten too but they changed it about 15 years ago to supposedly help families not have to pay daycare. I get on my soapbox for that and all these other handouts. The all day is really hard on 5 year olds and now they're talking about making preschool mandatory starting at 3 years olds. Ugh what happened with kids being able to be kids and parents doing the actual raising! Preston will be in all day kinder, he's actually going to probably be in Easton's class. It's called a jump class and it's K, 1st and 2nd and it's really helpful for kids who learn at all different paces. Easton is reading and doing math at 3rd and 4th grade levels and he's only in 1st and didn't even get a full year of kinder because of the covid closures.
I hope your mattress is a good one, it's so hard to find that perfect match sometimes.
Becca, I keep cards too and read them over and over ❤
Lori,
I am so sorry. Sending prayers to you and your family. 🙏
I had to have Frankie take the plastic off the outside of our bathroom window, it was really getting to me of not being able to see out or open it. I'm really hoping we're done with the severe wind storms. 🙏
We're going to have steaks on the grill, split a baked sweet potato and have a salad and if it's as nice as they say we'll eat outside too.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu May 13, 2021 11:25 am

Good afternoon!

Lori I am so sorry at your Mom's passing. So hard on you and your dad, but maybe a blessing for your mom not to be suffering as she has been. Many prayers for you and your family.

Tina - I will join your soapbox. We need to allow kids to be kids and raise them by our choices and values. OK, you can have it back.

Becca - I hope your gas tank is more than half full. Reminds us that we should always be on the upper half of a tank of gas.

Mary - hope tonight's sleep will be better on the new bed. You throw the best impromptu parties!

Waiting on the handyman. So I am soaking my dishwashers with vinegar. With the hard water here, I need to rinse the piping in them about once a month. Mine recycle the water through the wash cycle, so I can do that. One of these millenia we will add a softener system.

Dinner - I have fresh corn on the cob, so will cook that with just maybe a salad as well. I can make the
fresh corn a whole meal for me - love it!

So not much else in these parts, need to find some trouble to get into.

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu May 13, 2021 11:59 am

Lori I’m so sorry about your Mother’s passing You will be in my prayers for comfort and strength Hugs Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu May 13, 2021 2:43 pm

Lori,
I am so sorry! Please know you are in my prayers and thoughts.
Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”