Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 12

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 12

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 12, 2021 8:30 am

Good morning,

Today is mattress day! Hooray! Got my new sheets all washed and ready to go. Exciting! At least to us. And Foxy.

Yesterday I finally got my sew-along blocks caught up and hope to post the photos today. Then, our window-getting friends said they'd come back for leftover chicken cacciatore, but by afternoon they were just too tired so they cancelled. However, I was all ready, had patio table all set, dishes out, fire started. So we invited other friends to come by instead for "used food". They were happy to comply. It's good to have friends like that that don't mind being "third string" (as they called themselves.) lol!

Today - I have chiropractor, washing flannel sheets and packing them away, and then nothing else on our calendar. I should water my houseplants and then I guess go play in my sewing room until the mattress arrives.

BECCA - I'm sure you had a great time with your nieces. Baking must run in your family. I'll bet she was impressed by Beth's Bakery.

TINA - it hadn't occured to me to wash my walls. Actually it had, but I shooed that idea away as fast as it came into my head! When does school get out? Will Preston be in Kindergarten next year?

JANA - loved your photo of your bed and quilt and shams! You and I have identical tastes in furniture.

Tonite's supper - well, we have two small servings left of the cacciatore. The chicken is pretty much gone so I think I'll just add a can of white meat chicken to it, make a salad, and call it good. I made breadsticks yesterday to add to our 'used food supper' and they turned out pretty good. I seasoned with garlic and Italian seasoning. None were left so everyone must have liked them.

What's your plan?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 12

Post by auntjana » Wed May 12, 2021 10:33 am

Good morning!

Mary - that was a quick turn on getting your new mattress! Here we were told 6-8 weeks! Enjoy to better night's sleep!

Well, Scott came over last night for some "fatherly" advice. Scott is always being contacted by recruiters for jobs. He works with Matt at the same company now. Matt got him the current job. But now a very good offer is on the table with a company in Dallas Texas! He and Sandee are mulling over the pros and cons. Scott has ties to Dallas - family there, but he is attached to family here too - us and all our kids. Sandee has a brother and sister here too. They would keep the house across the street - he said a summer home - LOL. It would be perfect place if Daniel would come here instead of staying, but, oh well...... So we will see what happens. The new company wants Scott the end of June. I am rather partial to keeping my family close by, but will hope they stay.

Dinner - up in the air at the moment. Maybe out, humm....

Tomorrow our handyman is coming. He and Michael will be figuring the installation on the ceiling in the Batt Cave. And his cost too. As soon as he is done with this area, I will order the next.

I have the little receiving blanket 2/3's done. The baby shower is Saturday. If I have time, I have a spit rag as well. Then need to start one Sarah needs for a gift as well. I have a bit longer for that one.

Time to scoot, I am teaching Crenda how to use my old embroidery machine to do a simple name on a towel. Need to go to her house.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed May 12, 2021 10:41 am

Good morning!
Whew what a morning LOL
Mary, that's great you found peeps to share your leftover supper. I'm like that, if I'm invited I love to go eat as long as it's not something I don't like LOL
Schools last day is May 28th and then the new year starts July 1st for K-5 and yes Preston will be starting kindergarten 😭
Jana, your bed and quilt are soooooooo pretty, love it all!
You should've seen my kitchen last night! I couldn't even fit all the washed dishes in my huge drainer and I stack until there's no stacking room left LOL and we had leftover beef and noodles! I did make a ramen chicken salad for today's lunch though so I had other pots out and my foods processor.... it was crazy LOL
Supper is either tacos, enchiladas or chile rellenos we haven't had any of those for quite awhile. Maybe I should make a combination plate!
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed May 12, 2021 10:43 am

Jana, that would be hard, I like having my family close too. Kevin, Maria and Matthew live 60 miles away, I couldn't stand any further. Hoping it all works out.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed May 12, 2021 12:57 pm

Hello everyone rainy day here I got my Dg run & grocery doneI tried to buy for 3 weeks at least We have a gas shortage here
Then got my birthday card out for a grand I made her a little book & included it I thought she would enjoy it I titled it Averys adventures
Maryz Enjoy that new mattress
Tina You do stay busy too You are blessed Denise has never got to be close to us or Alex either You just accept it
Jana Hope it works out for your family love your new Bed & bedspread Jobs really keeps America on the move
We had soup leftovers It’s really good with Beths bread
Yes They loved her Bakery It’s a unique place Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”