Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 10

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 10

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 10, 2021 6:14 am

Good morning,

We had a nice day in the mountains yesterday. Picnic'd with a great view of Lake Cushman. Our old campgrounds are overgrown now and definitely for tenters. But we did explore one state park that has plenty of room and nice big sites. We may go there one of these days. Several hiking trails of reasonable length, too.

Today will be some uglies and a bit of yard work. Also, I'll be handy if Bill needs any assistance or supervision as he resumes rebuilding our deck stairway. If the girls post this week's sew-along block I'll get caught up on those (I still have last week's to do, too). And there's always some house uglies to do as well. I won't be bored!

BECCA - thought of you as we explored Hoodsport and it's environs. We could only find one church - I think it was Episcopalian and painted yellow. Was that your DGS's church? Enjoy your nieces' visit today. What are you making for supper for them?

TINA - nice to have help in the yard! That alone is a great Mother's Day gift!

JANA - glad you didn't fall off your bar stool! And aren't those tissue holders fun and easy and quick to make! I've made lots but no 80! Such a nice sweet gesture to accent your message. Hope your ceiling gets underway today!

Tonite we're having grilled chicken and veggies. Or maybe stirfry. Grilling involves Bill so we'll see . . .

Yum!

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 10

Post by gershwin64 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:14 am

Good morning!
Almost time for school so I'm speeding LOL
Mary your day yesterday sounds awesome! I saw they posted the block for this week, so far I'm just writing down which ones they are.
I agree, all that help yesterday was a great Mother's Day gift ❤
Holly and the kids gave me a bouquet of flowers made out of wood, they look soooooooo real! Very very pretty! ❤ Kevin, Maria and Matthew gave me a bird bath for out front and I had a little solar water fountain and we just sat that up, super cute ❤
I've got chicken thawing for supper just not sure yet how I'm making it or with what.
Gotta scout, time for class!
Tina

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon May 10, 2021 9:45 am

Good morning from dreary, chilly, SW. Pa....Maybe I should say, good morning from the lost! In a way, I have been kind of lost the last couple of weeks...The back problems have gotten much worse and even the Chiropractor can't figure it out which in turn keeps me from doing what I want to do..My silly sister says it's from pulling in that whale I caught a few weeks ago. The thing might have been 15 in. if that, lol.Thank goodness for Kevin and the neighbors....

Mary, have been trying to keep up with you (by reading) but still can't.....Your picnic sounded so special...One of the things I miss the most with Jim gone has to be the spur of the moment drives...We'd get in the car and say, which way and off we'd go...We often ended up in another state, just for lunch or just because...Oh my, I miss him!

Tina, it sounds like you were really treated nicely on Mother's Day...But then who deserves it more??? You're another one who ties me out just reading your post....

Becca, I'm sure you also had a great Mother's Day...And your yard does sound like a show case...My plants are coming along, seems they all survived the winter...And my Arbor Day order came a few days ago and hopefully, Kevin will be in the mood for digging when he comes to mow the grass.....

Jana, With that family or your's, we all know you had a great Mother's Day....

Had seen a picture of Chriss on Face Book and she looks like a different person...Really, really have to admire her for sticking to her diet...She looks wonderful!

Well, time to hit the shower and leave to see the doctor....The sun just came out, hopefully, that will be an omen and today might be the day......Also need to stop at Walmart to pick up a RX and a few more things to put in the box I'm sending to Nick in Jordan...He did tell me it's very hot (108 ) so sure can't send candy or anything that would melt......

Not sure what my dinner might be...Dan and Casey were here last night and had brought dinner from Red Robin so I do have left overs...But I also have a huge bag of chips, so you never know.....

You all have a great rest of the day....

Happy eating...................

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 10, 2021 11:10 am

Good morning!

Well, I have been starting to be devious - again! I am scheming with Aaron. One of the troopers he works with does fancy cakes. In September of this year, Michael will have worked at BART, Bay Area Rapid Transit, for 50 years. He did officially retire 10 years ago, but was hired at that time as a consultant, and still is working for them. So I am hoping that the trooper can make a cake that looks like a BART car. Aaron is texting her a picture of the lead car in the train consist, so she can see what it looks like. Hope she can. Then I will enlist the girls to help with the surprise party. 50 years at the same job needs a party. The only one not here will be Daniel. Maybe...

Speaking of my Daniel, he has decided to stay put for awhile longer in California. The company he works for has much more work coming in, so he will be busy. He has moved up in position as well, number 2, right behind the owner. Kari, his wife, also got a huge promotion and will work from home much of the time, which is good, now that Karlie starts kindergarten in September. Sad face here , by me!

Dinner - a salad. I have some wonderful sea scallops for mine. They jumped in my cart the other day while we were at Costco for milk.

It's a off and on rainy day here. One minute rain, the next blue sky. We need the rain!

Mary - sorry the camping sites didn't work out. Back to supervising the deck stairs is a good thing.

Tina- only a few more weeks of school and you are out for the summer! Ethan has completed more than what has been required this year, so his school day is cut down. We are hoping that he makes it in at the Montessori school where Sandee teaches. It's a lottery system, so we are hoping. If he makes it in, Ethan is there until high school. Sandee will take him to school everyday. Also, Crenda will be working as a substitute at that school.

Irish- good luck with getting all the flowers in! Hope the back gets all the kinks out. You gotta watch out landing those whales!

Well, those other news here, is, I get a new grand - pup! Aaron and Kate will be getting a pedigreed papered yellow lab. The little puppy isn't ready to leave mom until middle of June or so. The lab parents are a silver lab and a chocolate lab. This little female is a pale yellow color. The owners of the litter is the captain in the fire department where Kate works. Aaron will train this puppy, he learned much as he worked with the K9's in the sheriff's department and the search dogs there too.

Well, time to do something,
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”