Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, May 9

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, May 9

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 09, 2021 5:07 am

Happy Mother's day!

I hope you all are having a nice day. We are taking the dog on a picnic up into the Olympic Mountains. We're going to scope out the old campgrounds where I tent camped with my parents while growing up. We want to see what they are like now. If they are RV friendly.

Yesterday we bought a new mattress but didn't get a whole new bed frame. Bill changed his mind and decided he wanted to keep our old one after all. I'm happy about that. I just hope we chose wisely on the mattress. One never knows. Though they do have a 3-month exchange policy.

I'm not sure about supper here. I think I'll make chicken salad sandwiches for our picnic. And maybe make some cookies this morning to take along with fruit and drinks. We may not be hungry by this evening. Or we might have a chef salad. Or maybe we'll swing through Subway on the way home and pick up something tasty there.

Have you got a plan yet?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, May 9

Post by auntjana » Sun May 09, 2021 6:02 am

Good morning!

Mary - that sounds like a very good choice! A picnic out in the woods and the mattress too. It's fun to poke around old childhood haunts. The other day, we watched a show on PBS about the railroads and Yosemite. It showed many of the areas, in the Bay Area, where we watched trains with our kids and ate dinner. Yosemite was where I spent my time, tent camping, as a child. We taped and saved the show, so the kids and grands can see it too. Matt and Sandee, both, have to watch the sizing on campgrounds with their rigs.

Not much happening here, after I finish teaching today. Come home, change out of a dress and put on my jeans, then put my feet up in my recliner. Probably will be invaded with grands, but that is unknown at the moment.

Dinner - I have a lovely ribeye and will add a small salad and split a baked potato with Michael. If we get invaded , one of Matt's kids makes a goodie to share. All of his older kids are learning to cook.

Happy Mother's Day!

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun May 09, 2021 2:41 pm

Hello everyone sunny here & has been a great 2 days of family & nieces coming tomorrow
Yesterday Our DS 2 come with his fiancé & brought us a smorgasbord for Breakfast or more like Brunch We made 2 meals out of it It was all from Bethanys bakery & super delicious We had a great visit with them Then they headed on to See all the grands
Then today I have been bombarded all day with texts calls & FaceTimed Heard from Grand sons too
A great time with all them
Jana Sure you will do fine at your lesson
Maryz A picnic sounds like so much fun I hope the RV will fit so you can reminisce about old times Glad the bed situation worked out
I made meat loaf baked potatoes We had coconut cream pie Yummy Estel bought it to us
Hope everyone has had a wonderful day
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:07 pm

Happy Mother's Day to each and every one of you! 🌷
The kids just left a little while ago. I only cooked breakfast here and then spent the morning out in the backyard. Frankie got me 3 geranium plants and he helped me get those all planted in my tricycle planter and then he cleaned out all of my rosebushes and then he helped me feed them all. It was a pretty morning but about noon the wind was getting up too much for me and making me feel all dried out.
Holly and the kids came over about then and she made us all pizza and then Kevin came at supper time and brought KFC. It was a really nice day, I even got a nap in by accident LOL we were all watching movies and I fell asleep.
I hope you all had a wonderful day ❤❤
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”