Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 5th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 5th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 05, 2021 6:05 am

Good morning,

I'm home, Moms! And it looks like just in time! You all must be starving! We had a great trip and really relaxed. I never even turned on my sewing machine. We logged in several miles of beach walking, read three books, and I did a lot of cross-stitching. We spent 4 days on the WA side of the mouth of the Columbia with 2 other couples and then moved 30 miles to the OR side and camped with two other couples for 4 nights. So we got a lot of visiting in, too. We noticed our trailer tires were wearing so on the way home yesterday, we veered into Portland and got 4 new tires at Discount Tire. OR has no sales tax, whereas WA has almost 10%. Made sense to us to get them in Portland. Today will be the usual post-trip fun things - laundry, groceries, mail. But maybe there will be a few minutes left over and I can turn on my sewing machine . . .

BECCA - I read that you lost your niece. So sorry to hear that. Hugs to you and all your family.

Today is going to be a nice day - 70*. So I think for supper we will grill some pork chops.

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 5th

Post by auntjana » Wed May 05, 2021 7:34 am

Good morning!

Welcome home Mary! Sounds like a wonderful trip. And a nice upcoming one too.

We didn't starve. Even though that might be a good thing for the loss of a bit of poundage! LOL! Dinner here is leaning toward a chef salad. I need a run over to the grocery store for fresh veggies.

Not much here. Sarah finished the class from hockey sticks. Her final paper, she had a friend, who has a degree in technical writing, edit that final paper. The teacher took quite a exception that Sarah didn't have, said teacher do the editing. Marked this paper down because of that to a low D, just to bring Sarah's grade in the class down. Sarah missed a A in the class, by a quarter of a point. Well, all of this past semester's work is now being reviewed by some higher ups in the State educational system and this teacher will be reviewed for disciplinary action. It is quite obvious to all on the bias presented and how the only way you passed this class was to pall-parrot the teacher's views. At least it is done and Sarah has all her generals completed and locked in towards her degree and will never have to do a class like that again!

My big quilt is now a upstairs handwork project. The shams are done and stuffed with their pillows. So far they look good on the bed. I got a bedskirt, it just needs pressing, so I am almost done!

Well, time to scoot,
Hugs,
Jana

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 5th

Post by auntjana » Wed May 05, 2021 11:32 am

Mary - the ceiling stuff for the main area is all the same. What we are ordering is the common ceiling tiles that Armstrong makes, so it won't be hard to match for the next phase. But if, by our luck, they are no longer made, the difference won't show as the view of the ceiling in the railroad part is blocked by big beams and duct work. The basement is divided into three sections, the one we call the Batt Cave - or north wing, with a matching footprint on the south side of the basement. Then in the middle between those sections, is a large square area, that most of the railroad is in. We will order both the middle and the south wing areas together. This system we are using is very similar to a dropped ceiling, but is attached right at the bottom of the joists here in the basement. That saves us more than 6 inches in height from the floor and the height here in the Batt Cave is only 7'8' or so. We need all the height that we can get! The next phase will start just as soon as the main area is done - a week or two. Now you have the whole story! LOL!

Return to “Chit Chat”