Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, April 26

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, April 26

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:14 am

Good morning!

Today is launch day. I've really been looking forward to this camping trip. And I keep checking the weather forecast and every day it looks a little better for the coming week. 8-) I have a few things to pack, and some last minute chores - lights on timers, water plants, fwd phone, shut off water, and take out garbage. Then we'll be off.

I finished my cross-stitch project last night - summer retro travel trailer. So this morning I'll put the last one - fall - on my frame. Purrfect project for traveling in our trailer. It will take about 8 wks to finish and then I can start one of the bigger ones I have.

I had a few woes with my new quilt I'm starting. Not only were the cutting directions wrong but there were no real sewing directions at all except "make the block"! I was pressed for time and failed to make that all-important first block before cutting more fabric, so that's on me. When I finally tried to make that sample block I found the errorS in the pattern. I had to get out all my 40 fabrics yesterday and cut more pieces. I did check for pattern corrections on-line but could find none. This pattern is called Star Bright from McCalls Quilting Magazine, Sept/Oct, 2016 issue. But I think I've got it now and it's going to be a cute quilt.

TINA - How many quilting rulers do you have now? The swish sounds pretty. That's a lot of eggs! Yum! We get eggs from our neighbors on the non-Vicki side of our house. I love living next door to 11 chickens. And what a cackle goes up when an egg gets laid. They have a rooster named Dean who crows all day long. He is music to my ears! When we were in Texas we would pull up our security cameras, turn on the audio, and listen to Dean crowing. It made me smile!

JANA - I hear ya on chasing the little ones around! It's exhausting! We had to trade off and rest when watching our grandsons when they were little. And we were in our 40's then! But, oh, the memories! I can't imagine having TWO loved ones in that profession! I'll send you all my Nice'n'Easy coupons, OK? You're going to need them if Stu gets this job.

BECCA - those begonias must be gorgeous! I love all the colors they come in, too. I planted some hanging begonias in a hanging planter once and they bloomed all summer long. But I was never very successful again. I don't have many plants around because we're gone so much in our trailer. I have to ask someone to come water and I hate doing that. So I've taken to using silk flowers. But nothing beats the real thing.

LORI - I've given up on knitting. I already have so many other things I want to do and don't have time for that I don't really need to add one more. That being said, I am still holding on to a couple pairs of needles and one simple pattern book - just in case. ;)

Our supper in camp will be, as advertised, leftover pizza. I think we'll warm it on our outdoor grill.

I will miss all y'all! Last time we camped at Cape Disappointment there was no internet or cell service. So don't hold supper on my account!

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, April 26

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:02 am

Good morning!
Mary, we don't have a rooster and neither does Holly, it's a "thing" with us LOL. I have 8 rulers now 😊 my first actual project is going to be this little wall hanging I have that Holly wants. Mom used to get all my first attempts projects, I'm splitting them now between my kids.
There's 5 weeks of school left and then that'll be the end of babysitting for me. I've had kids in my house for almost 35 years, it's sad for me to think about. They'll still come visit and we'll visit them but it won't be the same. I know I'll miss it.
Supper tonight is baked chicken and lots and lots of veggies in the same pan.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:58 am

Good morning!

Mary - there's no rooster at Sarah's house either. There is one or two in the neighborhood to hear. Are you framing your 4 season trailers or putting them in a quilt top?

Tina - we seem to have a revolving door at my house. Always a kid or two here. The youngest moved out about 12 years ago, but like the rest, they have moved back here a couple of times. There's still one that might be coming here, Daniel, if they move to Utah, while they look for a home.

Dinner - chicken enchiladas, maybe some rice and beans too.

My handyman is here putting the finishing touches on my island. I have laundry going. Not much to have to do in the uglies department. I will head down to the Batt Cave and finish up that quilt on my LA. Then make the pillow shams.

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:58 am

Hello everyone sunny here at 82 Yesterday was 75 I’m wondering how Summer will be
I went to quilting this morning We had 9 Most we have had in a long time We got a lot accomplished
Maryz I didn’t understand the name of your camping site Disappointment What a wrong with it
Tina We have had kids many years until now when they visit I sure couldn’t care for them full time now
I love to hear roosters crowing too We always had chickens at Home We used to have a few bannes Spelling lol
Jana Your house is always busy
We sure enjoyed our company yesterday
It was good to see Marty & Estel & friends
I have leftovers from yesterday I think tomorrow I will make a tenderloin for a change
It’s an early morning haircut for me tomorrow. Becca

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:03 pm

Good late afternoon from sunny and warm, (not as warm as Becca) SW. Pa.....Once again, I've been MIA but have a good excuse....Was at camp for a very long weekend and had so much fun....

Maybe it's a good thing Mary doesn't see this but we spent a few hours fishing and I managed to pull one in after quite a few bites...Of course I did put on quite a show while reeling in my prize, not that it was that big but I didn't know, it would still be flopping and almost fell in the lake to get away from it...Guess I made a few "noises" and thank goodness they didn't get it on video but everyone on shore had a good laugh...And all those "nice" people reminded me about it all weekend.....What did they expect from a 1st timer, darn, I expected it to come out of the water already cleaned and ready for the skillet!

But, Mary, if by chance you do hear, I didn't bring it home, someone else will be enjoying my hard work....And the other day, you asked if the cat's water was on the floor or the counter and where did I put my Keurig....Well, the dish is on the floor and I put the coffee maker on a chair in Baby's corner much to her dismay......And I love, love hearing about the famous as well as gorgeous places you are camping.....

Jana, I had to "sort of" laugh about watching the little ones....Every time Kevin tells me he watches little Emma, he tells me how worn out he is...As well as Kessie, the dog...He says, poor Kessie hides under the bed or out on the back deck just to get away from her....Who would have thought a nearly 2 year old would or could have so much energy...He was so happy when they started her in Day Care! Love the picture, what a great work/play area.....

Tina, I think I want to come to your "Bed and Breakfast"....But, you sure are given the kids a good start to the day....Things like that, they'll remember forever...I used to have a neighbor who had chickens and loved hearing the rooster, although did surprise the grands when they 1st stayed overnight........Do miss those days.....

Becca. we're not as warm as you but working on it....Your yard and flowers sound heavenly...I'm still working on filling my flower beds and also trying to find porch boxes that will fit the railings on the decks...Can't wait until the frosts are done and I can really get down to business.....

Lori, just reading posts from the other day and am sad to hear what your family is going through...It sure isn't easy but having Hospice is a good thing...I think a lot of people have the wrong impression of Hospice but those that I've heard about and my own experience with Jim, couldn't have been more pleased....Just watching and knowing the care they gave was so assuring.....Will certainly be thinking about you and your family and of course keeping you all in my prayers.....

Here it is late in the afternoon and still not moving too quickly...That fishing really takes up a lot of energy or maybe it was also the marathon card playing...But, I did get the laundry done, had to do a lot of "cat holding" (she won't let me out of her sight) and now trying to make due with "cooked too much" ground beef that was meant for chili...Oh well, cereal is looking better and better.....

You all have a great rest of the day....

Happy eating........

OH the biggest thing this weekend....A family of eagles has a nest next to the lake and I spent a lot of time watching the birds soar above and then dive for the dinner....Was a great weekend!

Return to “Chit Chat”