Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - sunday, April 25

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - sunday, April 25

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:30 am

Good morning,

Yesterday morning was busy and then suddenly, the afternoon was very relaxing. I finished Snail Trail and got it into the mail, then went out and bought art supplies for a birthday present for the 16 yr old girl Autumn mentors. Packaged that up and got it mailed, too. We made 3 trips out to the post office yesterday. :lol: Good thing it's only about a mile away. I packed most of our camping food, but saved the fridge to do today. Then I cleaned my sewing room and cut out about forty of my little 4" stars to take camping. They all fit in a small plastic tote and now I don't have to take my big bin of 30's fabric. We leave in the morning, but I'll be here to say hi. Then we probably won't have internet or even cell service - at least not when we are in camp. But after four days we're moving across the Columbia into Oregon for another 4 days and might be able to log on then.

JANA - We'll be dragging our trailer across that spindly bridge next Friday when we switch camps. I always think of you when we do that. :shock: Bill says he just closes his eyes! lol!

BECCA - Those are some big plants! But oh, I do love begonias. They'll be worth the effort when they are in bloom. Do you knit more than crochet? I've completely lost what little knitting I knew, and I was never very good at crochet either, but at least I can understand some of the basic stitches.

TINA - Nice to see Kevin and family for lunch. And to get your ruler. What did you get? When family is here, I do cook a nice breakfast, but all Bill wants most days is Cheerios in the summer and oatmeal in the winter. We use old fashioned oats but cook them one serving at a time in the microwave - 3 min at power level 6. Purrfect and no messy pan to clean.

Since I have leftover pizza sauce, olives, and pepperoni, I guess I'll make a pizza for tonite. That means we'll probably have the leftovers tomorrow night in camp. And I have a packaged Asian salad from Costco so I'll add that to the menu, too.

What's your plan?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - sunday, April 25

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:57 am

Good morning!
Mary, I've been taking the weekends off lately from fixing breakfasts LOL. My ruler is the Swish Template for doing ruler work on my Moxie.
After we got home yesterday I put my feet up for about 30 minutes and then made supper. After that I went out front and watered and stayed out till dark and then came in and vacuumed and had Frankie dust. Then we watched a movie on Netflix and then I cleaned the kitchen before getting ready for bed....I went to bed at midnight 🤣😂 but I slept in this morning till 7.
I've got to water out back and then figure out what's for supper tonight so I can thaw something out.
Kevin gave us a whole frozen seasoned rotisserie style uncooked chicken and I've got it thawing for supper tomorrow night. Their daycare lady gets food boxes and gives them to the kids families and they are packed with meats, rice, beans, cheeses.... all kinds of stuff and Kevin had 3 whole chickens so he gave us 1 to make a little room in his freezer. I thought that was super nice of all parties involved. I told Dad about it last night so he knows what we're having for supper on his night tomorrow LOL
We took over 7½ dozens eggs for him to share with whoever needs them yesterday. Holly was overrun with eggs and we just took an 18 count.
Well I better scoot. Have a great day everyone!
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:21 pm

Good afternoon!

Home from a wonderful day at church! It was so good to see the Ward all together again! It has been a long time coming.

Dinner - well, I think it will be our usual late brunch.

Mary - enjoy the time out at the coast. Maybe the rain will miss you and just head over to me. We are supposed to get rain this afternoon. We will see.

Tina - my aunt many years ago would get that government cheese. She saved it and shared it with my mom and me. I really liked it.

Well, after playing and chasing those little grands last night, I am sore and tired! So may just veg upstairs today. I have some hand work that I can do up here.

Well, Stu applied for a job with Aaron! Yikes, two of them out in all that hullabaloo and danger. I can handle Aaron, he has many years of experience, but Stu doesn't. I know I will learn to handle it, just like I did when Aaron started out as a Deputy Sheriff. No more streaks of white hair, it will all be white or totally missing!

Stay safe,
Hugs, and prayers,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:00 pm

Hello everyone sunny here at 75 A beautiful day with blue skies & white puffy clouds
I had a nice walk
We watched Church Then lunch Got a call from Marty & he & Estel his friend plus 2?0f their friends who are also friends of ours came for the afternoon We had a great visit

Maryz I am a knitter of 55 yrs but my crochet skills need lots of study I make simple items
Hope you have a safe & trouble free trip I don’t like bridges either especially pulling an RV
My begonias are all blooming profusely They came from hothouses
Tina I agree 100 percent on family meals Ours was always that way That’s wonderful that you teach the grands
And Jana too
That’s a lot of eggs Glad you had a nice family visit plus getting a meal too
Jana Glad you were able to return to worship inside Its nice to have a day of rest after grands visit
Wow Stuv too on duty
We had chicken tenders with baked potatoes. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:52 pm

Mary, you got that quilt done with time to spare. I love to make quilt kits with different blocks. The little blocks will be perfect for travel.

Jana, I bet you had a blast chasing those little ones around though.

Becca, I've tried to knit, but I always drop stitches and it makes me crazy. I was going to take a class a while back, but the shop closed and I never looked for another one. Maybe some day.

Yesterday I had my Judy Neimeyer class. Got the center of my Baby Bella done. I'll probably finish it up before the next class. The instructions are pretty clear once you understand the method. I need to finish up a binding and get a quilt in the mail this week.

We had chili for dinner.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”