Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 24

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 24

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:50 am

Good morning,

Our rain is here. So glad. A few more days and I would have had to start watering my yard. This is unusual for April.

I got the Snail Trail all together yesterday and Bill loaded it onto the frame. I will quilt/bind/label/& mail it this morning. Whew! It was a marathon week of sewing, but I was already making this pattern and I know Don and knew he's like this one, so I just kept on sewing! :D I also got the laundry done and as I folded clothes, I just trotted them right out to the trailer so that's done, too. This afternoon I will start packing food. I have a rough menu plan for the 8 nights we'll be gone and I'll take what I have on hand. There are stores around if I am lacking some things. We'll go into Astoria, Oregon at least one day. There is a very small, but very cool LQS there that I always hit when we are in town. They seem to stock fabrics and patterns just to suit my taste. In fact, the owner there is the one who showed me a neat trick for oiling my Bernina. I've been grateful to him ever since. (I hate oiling my machines!) Astoria is at the mouth of the Columbia River and it's where the Arnie movie, Kindergarten Cop, was filmed. It's kind of a fascinating little town. It's fun to watch the ships go up/down the river to/from Portland. And Lewis and Clark's winter campsite is just a few miles away. Lots of history there.

JANA - thanks for those photos. I love your little elevator. I've seen them in the Koala set-ups and it's a pretty neat concept. Will keep your machine dust-free. I did the recipe clean-out last summer. And that was just my box of recipes - which is a photo storage box. I still have a 5-1/2-foot shelf of cookbooks. (I just measured. I thought it was only 3 feet.) You'd think I was some kind of gourmet cook! lol! But I do love cookbooks.

TINA - thanks for posting the inventory of what we have for comfort quilts. Sounds like you are running a diner at your house. I do suppers but I don't cook breakfasts except on rare occasions. and if I did, the choices would be Cheerios or oatmeal and it's a serve yourself kind of joint we have. lol! Easton must have a great teacher if he's reading above level - especially in this pandemic! As to vaccinations, I suspect we'll always have to get a Covid shot every year, just like we get flu shots now. Not fun, but better than getting Covid!

BECCA - poor Wyatt! (love that name!). And how ironic that Dad picked it up so no one would get hit with it, and then Wyatt gets hit. I can picture the pattern you want to find. I usually order from Stitchery catalog. I love reading their catalog even when I'm not looking for anything new.

LORI - my heart goes out to your parents. Such a hard thing to go through.

Tonite's supper is going to be spaghetti. I have leftover sauce in the freezer that needs to be used up. I also have leftover pizza sauce and pepperoni & olives so I may make a pizza, too, and put it in the freezer for camping. I've never done that before. How bad can it be??

What's for supper at your house?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 24

Post by Becca » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:37 am

Hello everyone a rainy day here
Yesterday I got into cleaning knitting and sewing and embroidery bags They are all clean & things are organized after my projects Then I started crocheting a potholder for practice I always have to refresh myself on Crochet
Then I also cleaned up stairs in fabric & drawers
I still need lots of purging It is overwhelming
Today I did laundry mopped the hardwood floor’s & watered the plants
Maryz Thanks for your tip on my plants the Begonias are Each 3 ft across There’s no way I can cover them other than throw a sheet over chairs Easier to bring them in
I appreciate all the work you & Tina do to help others
Tina I just read this week that across our nation most kids are behind their grade level in reading and math due to Covid It’s sad
Glad yours is ahead
Lori How sad that your Mom has declined so rapidly Prayers for them I hope Hospice is a comfort
Jana Sure your Homefront is busy with something
I have leftovers but I may make fresh Will see what CA wants He always says whatever is easiest lol
Have a great day everyone Becca
Rosebud I am remembering you each day Sure pray they find your cause of bleeding
Last edited by Becca on Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:55 am

Good morning!

Well, dinner will be easy to decide, real love mac and cheese. I will have Ethan, Gracie and Lila to feed. Ethan will eat most anything, but Lila and Gracie are picky. I think we will make a batch of brownie cookies for munching on too.

Mary - you will need those days of vacation to rest up from getting ready! Astoria was the setting of the movies, Short Circuit too. My kids all love that movie. With Stu, when he was little, we quoted the line, more input! We went through Astoria once, many years ago. I wouldn't travel across that bridge as I thought is was too spindly and would fall down. Well, I guess I was wrong as it is still stranding some 40 plus more years!

I will be quilting more on the quilt on my LA. Also preparing a back for another top. This top is scrappy yellows, in a Dresden plate, so they look like sunflowers. The back is a red with sunflowers all over. Maybe I can make a dent in the UFO pile.

Becca - maybe with not moving big plants, a cover and a small wattage light bulb in the plant will keep them from freezing. The regular old fashioned bulbs do get warm. We do that here with water pipes.

Lori - my heart goes out to you. It is a hard p,ace to be right now. Prayers for your family.

Well,better get busy,
Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:40 pm

Hi everyone!
This is a quick pass through, we just got home from Cruces. We had to pick up my ruler of the month and Frankie needed new work boots and we also needed 2 new control valves for our sprinkler system and a new sprinkler. We visited Kevin, Maria and Matthew ❤ we had sandwiches for lunch with them ❤ it's been a nice busy day and I'm tired but Dad's coming for supper so I need to cook.... it's something with hamburger LOL
Mary, so glad you finished so that's 1 less thing on your mind. Thank you ❤ it will be so loved and appreciated ❤❤
Becca, I think the only reason that kids are behind is that parents, grandparents, sitters, or whoever is with these kids during the day isn't helping them and keeping these kids on track.... that's my opinion anyways, I'm sure I'll make people upset, mad at me for my opinion. 🤷‍♀️
Jana, wow you've got a lot going on!
For breakfast here we have frozen waffles, pancakes and sausage links so all I actually cook is bacon and eggs. Preston eats a pancake, no butter Grandma but yes to syrup and he has 2 sausage links and a glass of milk every morning. Easton eats 2 eggs, bacon, toast or 2 eggs and a waffle and sometimes a sausage patty and his drink is OJ. Jazmyne pretty much eats 2 waffles every morning and a glass of milk. I'm a true believer they need food for thought process and learning.
Lunch we usually have the same thing for everyone and I try to make sure I don't repeat the same thing in one week.
And we always have breakfast and lunch all together at the table and no tv.
I'm very old fashion when it comes to family and especially meal time.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”