Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, April 23rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, April 23rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:36 am

Good morning,

Our weather is rapidly going downhill. Should be downright cold with heavy rain tomorrow when we'll be packing the trailer. Roy had a patch on his jacket that said "Don't complain, camp in the rain." And that's exactly what we'll be doing. I'll be taking sewing, cross-stitch, books, and we always have games on board, so it will be all be good.

Yesterday we cleaned house. Bill can be a good helper when I really need him to step up. and he did! Dinner was great though the chili turned out more like soup but it was still good. I kept my nose to the sewing machine every minute I could. Today, too. Though I also have to do laundry so I'll be taking breaks. I hope to have the last of the blocks finished today and start assembling. They have to go together a certain way to maintain the pattern, so hope I don't goof that up!

BECCA - what crewel pattern are you thinking of? As I sat at dinner with our friends last night I thought of you, and wished I had pretty embroidered towels to give out. I didn't, but I did give each of them a jar of my strawberry jam.

IRISH - too funny about the coffee makers and the outlets! But that has gotten me before, too. So is Baby Girls water dish on the counter or did you put the coffeemaker on the floor? Just curious. Foxy's food dish is on my sewing table. But we have a dog.

TINA - oh yes, I remember now your second shot. I heard they are thinking we will need boosters 6 months after second shot. Wonder how we'll all do with that one.

LORI - well, if you change your mind come Chrsitmas time, the offer stands. I bet your folks were very happy to see chicken soup and cornbread coming in their door!

Tonight's supper is going to be leftover white chicken chili and cornbread. No cooking! Yay!

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, April 23rd

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:13 am

Good morning!
I'm trying to post before school starts.
Mary, sounds like a fun camping trip even if it does rain. Frankie's a good helper too, he's just not good at volunteering that help. I saw Pfizer was the one that said 6 months or maybe a yearly booster, so far I haven't seen or heard anything on Moderna.
I've already made eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes, toast and sausage for breakfast LOL, cleaned the kitchen, made our bed and took care of the cats. I'm trying to have my afternoon a little relaxing by keeping up with stuff before his first class.....I sit beside him and take notes so I know what he has to do. He read a book yesterday and really impressed his new teachers assistant. He reads at about 3rd to 4th grade level, he does math at those levels too. He's so funny, when he's doing math and his teacher checks that he's done it correctly he is all YES! And throws his arms up in the air like TOUCH DOWN! 😂🤣
Frankie is doing better this morning but not back to normal yet.
I have to make a run to the vet for Rosie's thyroid medicine today.
If it's not too windy maybe we'll have burgers on the grill and salad.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:31 am

Hello everyone we now have clouds guess it’s getting ready for rain tomorrow
Our DGS FaceTimed this morning His little Wyatt the same one who broke his arm last October got hit in head with golf club & had to have stitches Someone left it at Church on playground and he picked it up & put in his truck because he was afraid someone would get hit in the head Then his DD goes & hits Wyatt
I went upstairs to stamp more dish towels and found I am out of them Guess I will order more I had 1 left
I hope to get in my closet today to clean Ugh I finished 2 towels
Maryz I would rather have the strawberry jam than a towel although I do like to give them away
Glad the party was nice So you will be camping in the rain I never liked to camp in rain I may be different now that I am older. Have fun
I don’t remember the name It had flowers butterflies & bumblebees on it The one I did called English Country Garden had the same things It was 2 ft by 3 ft looked really nice over our bed

Lori I don’t remember name of the work I’m going to check local before I order anything Sure Dad & Mom enjoyed your food you shared

Tina Do you run a Restaurant That’s a lot of food for breakfast Seems there wouldn’t be any need for Dinner lol
I am having a rerun of yesterday’s meal
Have a great day everyone Becca
Last edited by Becca on Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:31 am

Good morning!

Clouds have rolled 8n, but it is still a beautiful day.

Mary - yes, Matt has a Ram. All he needs to do now is getting the smog codes to reset, by driving the truck around, then he can get the truck registered. You are the best hostess! Always a wonderful sounding party at your home.

Tina- you were a very busy whirling wild woman this morning! Made me tired!

Becca - I like to give embroidered towels as gifts, except I cheat and use the embroidery module on my sewing machine!

Well, some of my put off uglies are caught up, so I am heading down to sew. No idea on dinner, need some new food as leftovers are gone. I did spend time the other day sorting and pitching old recipes that I will never cook. I collected those Pillsbury little paperback cookbooks for years, and there was 9ne maybe two recipes I really wanted. So saved those and 86th the rest. I do think I still have another box of them in the storage room to go through. The best thing was I was missing a couple of my mom's handwritten recipes that are family favorites and found them! They are now safely tucked away.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:09 pm

Here's Ruby in her new home - one where she sits normally as I sew and the other in her hiding place. Still needed is the cover for the hole, that the handy guy is fixing, it was warped and didn't sit flush.

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:37 pm

Wow Jana Your set up is really unique I’m sure you will enjoy it Very nice. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:37 pm

Jana, Ruby looks pretty happy in her new space.

Thanks Mary. I'll keep it in mind.

Becca, my dad enjoyed it, but my mom hasn't eaten in several days.

Today my dad put mom on Hospice. He has quit giving her most of her medications per the discussion he had with their primary care doctor the other day. The changes in her are so dramatic from just a few days ago. She makes noises like a 2 year old pretending to talk and thinks you understand what she is saying.
Then she'll become extremely agitated out of the blue. It was a very tough day as I'm sure there are more to come in the near future.

I came home and made burgers on the grill with baked beans for dinner.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”