Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 22nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 22nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:50 am

Good morning,

Cooling off some more today but at least the weatherman is letting us down gently - 82 to 72 to 65 (today) to 57 tomorrow. What a gift this last week has been for Western WA in April! The longest stretch of above 70 weather in April since the late 1800's.

Yesterday went as planned. I worked in the sewing room on that Snail Trail and Bill only worked the morning on the deck and came to a good stopping place. Then we went to Costco and the regular grocery store. We had things to get for tonite's company, for camping, and just for regular shopping. He says he's going to let the stairway project sit until we return from camping.

I'm going to get my crock-pot of white chicken chili going in a few minutes and then sew until it's time to meet Lori From Across the Road to walk. When I come back, it's clean the house, shower, sew until it's time to get ready for company that is coming at 4pm - 2 couples. The ladies are in Bill's exercise class at the "Y". We all get together every few months, though Covid has really put a crimp in that this past year. We gathered in garages when we did get together. We are hoping it will be nice enough to sit around the firepit outside, but we may have to bring it inside this time. We're all vaccinated, so we should be OK.

TINA - glad you found the "Elixir of Sleep" that works for you. lol! But you know, once you open a bottle it doesn't keep for long - ya gotta drink it. How is Frankie after his second shot? Did you get yours yet?

JANA - glad you have a "Tim" in your life and he's so talented! It's like he waits at home for your call! lol! Your Matt has my Bill's sympathies. I'm guessing this will be another ~6 weeks or so without the use of his truck. They really should supply him with a loaner for that time.

BECCA - the yummy things your Beth bakes! I can smell them from here! Does she make up her own recipes? Earl Grey and apricot bread? You know, I've never had Earl Grey tea but I've seen it used to flavor things before . . . I love that you embroider tea towels to give out to people. What a neat idea. I plan to steal that idea, too - just as soon as I finish all the other handwork I have stockpiled!

LORI - you told us what color(s) you are using for your Vintage Tin but I've forgotten now. I have Over the River and Through the Woods pattern but haven't started it yet. I'm starting to think I'll never get to it! If you ever want to borrow it, let me know.

Well, I already mentioned our supper tonite will be white chicken chili. I'll also make cornbread muffins. We may eat out around the firepit or we may eat in the house. Waiting to see which way the afternoon weather goes. Right now it looks like it will be the house. Either is OK and the house is much less trouble - don't have to carry all the dishes outside and down the stairs. And back again later! I'm also putting out strawberries and I may/may not make some little cream puff appetizers. 2 min out of the oven you depress the top a bit and add some gorgonzola and chopped nuts and back in the oven for a few more min. Never made them but they sound good. We watch the Great British Baking Show and sometimes I get the urge to be a little more adventurous than my skills can handle! lol!

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 22nd

Post by Becca » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:22 am

Hello everyone sunny here
We had 30 this morning
I have cowboy beans going for me CA will have beans nfranks
Maryz I had a pile of towels made & give them all away Will
Make another pile to give I love having them on hand to give
Your cream puffs sounds good
If I had fox gloves I would be thrilled The deer ate mine I planted & they never came back They are beautiful I think

Lori I googled the tin embroidery That would take a while I found a crewel embroidery I liked I plan to go To a shop here to see what they have before I order

Jana Glad the elevator is working

I got laundry done Will now get Busy on paper work I am also purging again & have a pile of that to donate Took some yesterday but they were not accepting any
Thing until next week
Hope everyone has a super day Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:43 am

Good morning! Easton's class is doing a show and tell for Earth Day today, Happy Earth Day!
Mary, I had my second shot on April 1st and was down for a couple days, ran a fever, aches and just generally felt like 💩 and was I ever tired for awhile! Frankie is starting to feel bad this morning. He's resting.
Becca, I bet your tea towels are loved!! I have a couple aprons that were my grandma's and a little tea towel, I'll treasure it always ❤❤
I didn't sleep too good last night, the wind kept waking me up. I have a case of slowness LOL
It's Dad's night to eat here, I think I'll make chicken fried steaks, mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans. Dad is doing ok, he has good days and bad days. I think his bad days are mostly from him doing too much on good days.
Tina

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:51 am

Good morning from a very sunny but chilly SW. Pa...As Becca said, off to a chilly day but hopefully, we'll warm up......Have to tell you a silly story about my morning so far....One of the 1st things I do when I get up is to turn on the Keurig and feed Baby Girl...Well, the Keurig didn't come on, so knowing I had small coffee pot in the shed, me in my robe and PJs, trot out to the shed, bring it in and would you believe it didn't work either..Then I start changing plugs and end up moving the Keurig to where I have the cat's water dish plugged in and Yippee, it worked...Baby wasn't too thrilled at this thing sitting by her water dish...Then my sister decides to drop off a cake pan and after telling her my problems, she says, all you have to do it push the button on the plug...She proceeds to push the buttons and of course sister knew what she's talking about...I was all set to buy a new Keurig and all I had to do was push a button...I have no idea what happened but we're back in "coffee" business and I'm a happy camper......

Mary, once again, busy, busy, busy...... It's good that Foxy brings those critters to you...Years ago, we had an inside/outside cat and while we were sitting on our back patio, a blue jay swooped down and hit Buddy on the head....Well, the next morning, getting out of bed, there on the floor was a dead blue jay....Buddy didn't like getting hit on the head and was just getting even......And when we were taking care of the ferals, you never stepped outside without checking the mat 1st...And if that mat was rolled up, you knew they had brought a present...It bothered me to see them do this but it was their nature, I guess......Of course, Baby Girl wouldn't know a mouse or critter if one came up and bit her in the butt.....

Tina, I think you have the right idea with your "sleep aid"...I know, my sister tells me she sleeps better after a little nip or 2...She'll have a wine cooler and sleeps like a baby...I also read in bed but sometimes, that keeps me up most of the night, especially if the book is good...But, I really need to pick up some "coolers"..

Thought you all would like this...I usually glance through the Horoscope and mine for today is a goody..."Participating in an online forum might upgrade your contact list and help you meet influential people"....Now, that could not be more true!

And so with that, I'd better get moving....I'm meeting a friend for lunch and so excited...Haven't seen this friend since before the pandemic...She said, she was worried she wouldn't know me so I told her, 5'5", long blonde hair, gorgeous body and wearing a mask...
Also need to pick up a few things for another weekend at my sister's camp...Hopefully, this weekend the fish will be biting but if not, there will be lots of card playing and eating.......

As for my dinner, probably a bowl of cereal or left over lunch......

You all have a great rest of the day.....

Happy eating....................

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:55 pm

Mary, thanks for the pattern offer, but I have way too many quits in queue now. I saw your mention of strawberries, so I went to a local farm and bought some this morning.

Becca, what crewel project did you pick out? I like that too.

Tina, hope you get some sleep.

My day was filled with fun. Walked the boys, then DH and I went to breakfast. Picked up strawberries on the way home. Cleaned several baskets and took them and chicken soup up to mom and dads.
Met up with friends at Long Beach harbour for a Duffy boat ride. Then home to watch the Cub game with DH.

We had left over soup and corn bread for dinner. Time to go read before bed.

Sleep well my friends.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”