Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, April 19

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, April 19

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:40 am

Good morning!

A fresh week with all kinds of days and all kinds of trouble to get into! And at our house, that could be anything! We have a new project - rebuilding our outside deck stairway. I've been talking about fixing it for 3 yrs but getting no where with Bill on that. But he must be in 'fix up the house' mode now with windows and floors because suddenly yesterday he decided to completely rebuild that stairway! All I really wanted was a few bad boards replaced, the whole thing pressure washed, and the landing leveled. So I may end up helping him today. I really wanted to hang in my sewing room, but no way am I going to discourage this project!Image

And speaking of my sewing room, I had two projects that I wanted to do - the 4-1/2" stars in 30's fabrics that I mentioned yesterday and a 58" square scrappy blue & cream snail trail. I had the stars out and was just starting to cut, but decided to go with the snails first instead. So I did a lot of blue cutting in the afternoon. This quilt will be a comfort quilt for Don and Cindy. I don't think she's reading the forum these days, so I don't think I'm giving away a surprise by telling you. Image

BECCA - you are getting a lot done every day - walking, yard, quilt, caring for CA. Please be careful when he falls. It's more than OK to call the fire guys to come help pick him up. Most of the time they are sitting in the firehouse, bored, and wanting something to do. Because you sure can't afford to hurt yourself while helping him.

LORI - how is your mom doing? PIzza is one of our go-to suppers!

JANA - A sawtooth star is just a basic star with 2-1/2" center, four FG, and four 1-1/2" corners. It measures 4-1/2" unfinished, 4" finished. Each star is its own block. The pattern calls for 225 stars. I think I must be nuts, but the picture of the finished quilt is so pretty! I am going to try to remember to share a photo of both projects here.

Last night's burgers got bumped for pizza left over from Sat night's impromptu party. So finally, tonite, we'll be feasting on burgers and beans. I know we'll both be tired so there's not much cooking to do with this menu.

I hope you all have a delicious meal without much cooking, too!

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, April 19

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:43 am

Good morning!
I'm being naughty and I'm on here during class 🤫
Wow Mary, you sure have got the projects lined up! They are all going to be awesome!
Becca, yes you should call the fire department to help him get up for sure.
Jana, my son sent me a pic of an ironing station.....I think it had your IKEA drawers underneath it......I told him I'd love that! LOL
I made fried skinless boneless chicken breasts, rice and salad for supper last night, still need to check the freezer to see what's for tonight.
I haven't had any time for sewing lately. The kids don't leave till 4 or later and then it's usually time to start getting things ready for supper and by the time that's done and eaten then clean up kitchen and hopefully relax for a couple hours with my feet up in the evening...I usually get to sit down about 7. I planned on sewing Saturday and ignoring my dirty house and I made the mistake of going out back and feeding the turtles and then one thing lead to another and I watered, weeded, transplanted and cleaned on the backyard....6 hours later I was too tired to wiggle so I didn't sew. Sunday was cleaning the whole house and I even enlisted Frankie's help with the vacuuming and I scrubbed bathrooms, kitchen, dusted, mopped and put things away and then we went to Holly's house to see their new babies; 2 baby goats, 3 baby quail that they hatched out, 2 baby bunnies. After we got home I took a short nap and then it was time to start supper because Dad was coming to eat. Thankfully I got all the laundry done including stripping the bed on Saturday! I have to say I've been sleeping better with having so much to do lately LOL Saturday I slept till 8:15 which is soooooooo not me and I had gone to bed early Friday because I was just exhausted!
Have a great day!
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:14 am

Hello everyone sunny here & beautiful Got walk in early then started prepping our meal It’s hard cooking for someone who wants nothing I try to fix his favorite I made Banned salad Ham sandwich Rice cooked in beef gravy like his Mother did & cauliflower It was a mishmash but he did eat some deviled eggs too I know he loves them
Maryz Thats a big project new steps & landing Your quilts are just beautiful like all you make I love both On getting CA up I have pulled him up so much He used to have mini strokes a lot & fell a lot He is starting to fall a lot again I told him I cant get him up anymore Our fire station only has 1 man that stays there It’s volunteer They can get here quick
Tina You are. Burning the candle at both ends You need some R& R I know w you have lots on your plate Just remember you need care too
Jana I know Lila was so cute She sounds a lot like ours
I’m now going to try to finish the quilt I found out his name is to be Xander pronounced Zander Taken from Alexander He’s going to be the IV
Have a wonderful day everyone Becca

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:54 am

Good early afternoon from a warm, sunny, SW. Pa...I finally decided, I need to "get with it"...I've been mopping around much, much too long and it's time for that to end....For awhile, I really thought I'd lost it but in talking to other covid-19 long haulers, this is part of it....It seemed it was one thing after the other, haven't felt right since before I got sick, but hopefully, just need to push and push hard, lol.....

Oh Mary, you really are in the midst of projects...Isn't it funny how men just seem to come up with projects all on their own....AND those quilts are gorgeous...I'm sure Cindy and Don will greatly appreciate the love you put into that comfort quilt....I happened to read, the other day, about you thinking someone's DD lived in Sparks, Nev. Yep, that's Kathy and Tim (when they're home, lol)...They just came back from a wine tasting weekend and next week they're going to Mexico for a week....I want to have a life like her's when I grow up.......

Becca, You really do accomplish a lot....Sorry to hear about CA falling and like Mary said, you really do need to be careful.....That was one thing I was so afraid of when Jim was still at home....We were very lucky to have a neighbor who was home most of the time who could come and help any time I called....
Have you been able to use that porch swing? I've been trying to sit out on my back deck and catch some rays, very relaxing......

Tina, You're another one who doesn't let any grass grow under your feet...We can't keep up with you.....It's no wonder you're sleeping better, lol.....

Trying to get some uglies done...Did strip the bed and have the sheets hanging outside...Was going to wait for Kevin to come and flip the mattress but did it myself..Of course, it's no picnic trying to flip a mattress when you have a fat cat helping...Finally put her in the bathroom with some treats and got it done......I do have a few errands to run and then back home...My grass really needs mowed but the other day, they moved a new home in across the street and had to come through part of my yard and left ruts so, the park will be coming to take care of that.....
Just talked to my sister and this weekend is another trip to camp...My "fishing" wasn't too great, didn't even get a nibble and it was chilly so hopefully, this weekend will be better...Plus the relatives from Alaska (who bought a mountain near camp) will be here so it should be a fun time and lots of card playing......

As for my dinner, I have fresh asparagus and all kinds of salad fixing so I'm in good shape.....AND I even have a Hostess Snowball for my afters....

You all have a great rest of the day.....

Happy eating.................

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:13 am

Good morning from Smurfdom!

Let me explain. I saved the best story for y'all from last night. I bought a beautiful new deep teal blue shirt. I love it! Wore it for the first time last night. As I was sitting at the kids, noticed that my hands, fingers appeared to be a blue, maybe a slight purple. Felt fine. We came home and I went in our bathroom that has very good light and yes, my hands looked to be a weird color. Showed Michael. He panics and went to grab his oxygen meter. Me, turned on the water and started washing my hands. Sure enough, the water turned color, very similar to my shirt color. But Mr Worry Wart took my oxygen and heart rate - very normal. So then I looked at my arms, by where they rubbed against the shirt. They were blue too. So you see, I am now a smurf! Stained my skin and I am still trying to get it off! That shirt will certainly get washed alone and before I wear it again!

Dinner - I think we are eating out - now that we can do that again. Just don't know where - we have several places we miss.

Mary - Trex is great! My deck is made from Trex. The underpinnings are dimensional lumber. The only fault I find with Trex is it gets quite hot in the sun. My deck faces due east, so gets lots of sun most of the day. Bill will do a great job. Thanks for the info on the sawtooth stars. I have made tons of them. Didn't understand the unfinished meant the size. Cindy and Don will love the quilt.

Tina- knew you we busy as a cat with nine tails in a roomful of rocking chairs!

Becca - that's a wonderful name for the new little one. It is being used here quite often.

Irish - glad to see you! Kathy should just move back to you. The house in Sparks is always empty as she has so much fun traveling! Your area could be home base. Then she could see Lena and you more often.

Well, I am thinking of getting in trouble, good at that,

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:48 pm

Jana, Oh dear! We'll just call you smurfette from now on. lol I've had jeans that, but never a shirt.

Mary, love both of those patterns. Don't show me pictures of things, cause then I want to make them too. I love your little cat statues. My mom is not doing well. She has entered into the last faze of dementia and has been very argumentative with my dad. Saturday he had me come up because she got a bit combative. When I arrived she told me they were trying to kill her. It took a bit to redirect her focus this time. She is changing quite rapidly. It's so sad to see.

Irish, sounds like fun camping.

Tina, my goodness woman. Slow down a bit. You're making me tired just reading about everything you do.

I got Mr. Jack walked this morning. Bill took Mr. Wrigley. Then off to get a hair cut, and the car washed.
Then to the bank for my dad to get documents out of the safety deposit box. Home for a bit then off the have my fingers and toes painted. It's been a busy morning.

For dinner we'll be having teriyaki chicken with rice and zucchini.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”