Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, April 18

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, April 18

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:49 am

Good morning!

Well, yesterday was wonderful! The weather was fantastic - I wore shorts and a tee while working outside. And in 3 hours we finally finished the yard work! Hooray! It looks really nice here now. To celebrate we invited Tex & Annette over for a happy hour glass of wine around a campfire. But then remembered they never go home! So I figured we'd better have some sort of food and spent 2 hours making snacks, trying to pull together a respectable spread without having to go to the store - a spread that included plenty for Tex who doesn't eat wheat, soy, dairy, or sugar. I put out a veggie tray, olives, sliced apple, tangerines, mixed nuts, Boursin cheese, crackers, and sliced turkey pepperoni. Then Gus & Claudia called and said they were stopping by to pick up some planters we were giving them. So we invited them to join us and they brought a pizza. And the party was on! And it was almost 9pm when everyone left. But, you know, impromptu parties always seem the best. And around the campfire we use paper plates and they all go into the fire! I only had to wash 6 glasses and a few serving dishes. Nice!

Now today, since the yard, house, garage, and laundry are all done, the day is free to me! And I have a new quilt so start - I'm using 30's fabrics and all blocks are 4-1/2" sawtooth stars. Each star is a different fabric. Well, almost. there are 225 stars and I have about 80 different fabrics. A purrfect opportunity to use up all the little pieces I've been hoarding. I also plan to spend some time on the deck this afternoon and start a new book. Our warm weather will come to an end next week, so we need to enjoy it while we can.

BECCA - Yippee for finishing the quilting on your quilt! Don't forget the label! And a picture!

JANA - sorry the kitbashing project didn't work out. I still haven't fine-tuned my ironing table - the old bathroom vanity with padding and muslin laying on top of a piece of plywood - so far. I want to get ironing board fabric for it and then tack it all down but the plan stalled when I failed to order the ironing board fabric! lol! But it works for now and I love having just a little bit more storage! And I for sore hands I believe you are thinking of Bag Balm. When I was just out of nursing school I worked in a nursing home and we used it on ladies who had excoriated areas under pendulous breasts.

LORI - your grilled chix salad sounds purrfect for a warm day! How is your hubby doing?

As for our supper, since last night turned into a fireside party, we 86'd our burgers until tonite. And we'll have an assortment of raw veggies to go with. So no real cooking for me! How about you?

My brother, Gene, texts me often about what he is cooking - or trying to. He made Shrimp Soup the other night. :roll: My OWN brother! And next morning he said he was having leftovers for breakfast. And last night he added clams to it hoping it would improve. (it did not) And he said his fox, who often gets the cooking failures, came by and was looking in the window. I told him it was probably worried he was going to get the leftovers!

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, April 18

Post by Becca » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:06 am

Hello everyone sunny here & beautiful
We are having gorgeous weather
Got my walk in after Church Then-made lunch
Maryz I like Inpromptu gatherings Best kind Wow you sure made fast work of the yard
Your new quilt sounds very pretty
Yes the label will be made when I know the name to put
I loved the story on Gene lol
Jana I have used bag blankets It’s great for hands I used what they used in Hospital and it worked good Thanks I think today is Lilas big day Happy Birthday to her
CA fell yesterday I finally manage to get him up with him holding on to hose reel & me pulling with one end
He fell last week too
I am making him a burrito & me a salad
Becca
Last edited by Becca on Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:09 am

Good afternoon!

Well, I will be chorister another week. Still looking for someone to do it as their church calling - you could use, assignment. I am glad to pinch hit, for awhile.

Mary -Michael had the same look as your emoji when I told him about the shrimp soup. Poor little fox! Sounds like a new fun quilt. But what is a unfinished sawtooth star? Inquiring minds need to know.

Not much here today. Home from Church, my feet are up and I am rel relaxing a moment before making the macaroni salad. Our weather looks beautiful, but a tad chilly still.

Time to change clothes, from my dress to normal attire, jeans!

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:18 pm

Mary, that will be a beautiful quilt. I've made 4 1/2 sawtooth stars before. Pressing is important to keep them flat.

Jana, I bet Lila's party was wonderful. She sounds like a little pistol.

Becca, be careful getting CA up. You don't want to hurt yourself.

We had pizza and salad for dinner . It was delicious.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”