Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 15th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 15th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:50 am

Good morning,

We are starting to warm up here. Should start a string of days in the 70's, and some places may even hit 80*! Whoo Hoo!

We got more of the house back together yesterday but we're not quite quite done yet. Just rehanging one picture took the two of us 1/2 hour. We have some more to do today but hope to finally stamp "Fini" to it all and hie ourselves out into the yard. Plenty out there to fill the afternoon. Plus I plan to strip the bed and wash sheets and get them out on the line. I needed a break yesterday so after my chiro appt (Bill was at the "Y" and Home Depot), I stopped at Goodwill. I walked out with 4 pants, 6 tops, 1 nightie, 1 belt, 1 pair of new Naturalizer sandals, 3 books, 2 large rubber stamps, and a new garden tool. All for $54. I would hate to be rich. It would take the fun out of my thrift shopping hobby! :lol:

LORI - how is your hubby doing? Were you able to go into the hospital or did you have to wait outside in your car? Your parents are so fortunate to have you so close. That's how Foxy is, too - wants to be close to us. When we're camping, we have to set out a chair for him, too.

BECCA - I bet that quilt is looking awesome by now! You will have it done in a jig, if you don't already. If you can text me a photo of it, I can post it for you if you like. CA has his check-up today. Hoping all goes well. You asked about the Vicki saga. Her son called an electrician immediately. They came right out to the house but Vicki refused to let them in. So Bill thinks the light company will probably condemn the house if she doesn’t allow them to fix it

JANA - happy belated birthday to little Lila! That cake must have thrilled her! That toasted rice sounds delicious!

Tonite's supper, if all goes according to plan, will be grilled pork chops. I think I'll toss potato and onion packets on the grill, too, and add a salad to the menu. Love summery suppers on the grill!

What's your plan?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 15th

Post by zfatcat » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:44 am

Mary, Bill is fine. He did excellent on the stress test. Must be the walking everyday.
He has slight high blood presser which runs in the family. Also they think he might have a conduction problem too. He already made a follow up appt with his doctor. Glad you got you most everything back. Whenever we have things done, a lot of things don't get put back up. Pictures and trinkets.

I'm off to sew with friends today. Don't know what's for dinner.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:06 pm

Hello everyone sunny here & 70 I got walk in Weed eat around house We have wild asters that come up everywhere I cut them down & trimmed some roses on road bank that grow out of control And I quilted
I have 2 blocks left So it’s doable lol
CA had his check up Dr is going to get the EMS to come to our house for his Blood work each month We have been trying to get this forever from former Drs She mentioned it She is so good She sees how hard it is for him to get out

Maryz I do hope they follow up on Vickeys house That’s a real fire hazard waiting to happen
Glad you are all back to normal
Lori So glad Your DH is ok Enjoy your sewing day
We stopped at Subway and got a sandwich
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:20 pm

Good afternoon!

Not much happening around here. Same old same old. Sarah has the girls while Aaron and Kate are on duty. Waiting for my handyman to call. He may come today, most likely tomorrow to make the elevator hole for my sewing machine. Cannot wait to have that done. Then on to the new patio door. This is from the kitchen. The current one is a slider that is way small. The opening to go through is less than 30 inches! Carrying a tray through it is nigh unto impossible! Hence a new door. It will be a garden door swing type with a side light of glass to fit the current opening. The door opening width will be 36 inches. A normal size front door. No more a sliding patio door. It will be a total custom build, as I have very tall doors, 8 ft.

Dinner - leftover cashew chicken. At one time, I hated leftovers. Now, I like them, I don't need to cook so often!

Well, ned to scoot off,
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”