Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, April 14

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, April 14

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:09 am

Good morning!

The windows are in! They all look so nice! And they are quiet. Though our old ones were pretty quiet, too. I think for their day (and their day was 1976) they were good, double-paned windows, but their time had come. Anyway, no one heard any owls last night! And speaking of owls, On Monday, Bill saw two owls swooping out of the tall trees in the front yard to the trees in the back yard, and a few hours later we watched a bald eagle soaring overhead. It was a good day for bird watching here!

Today will be putting the house back together. My sewing room will be last because I know I won't be sewing until everything is right and tidy again. But Foxy is NOT a happy cat! He shares the room with me and has his basket in there, a carpeted perch, and his FOOD DISH. He keeps coming to me, meowing, and trying to lead me down the hall to the sewing room, then giving me dirty looks. :lol:

JANA - Another wild Aaron story! He is really a hero! God does seem to put him in the right place at the right time, doesn't He.

BECCA - You and an attorney may have to go stage a sit-in in the accounting department at that hospital! And the CEO makes $27 mil a year?? No wonder health care costs are through the roof! No one is worth that kind of money!

We were so hungry yesterday at lunch time, sitting out in the trailer that Bill sneaked into the house through all the work and snagged our leftover green chili torte. We heated it in the microwave in the trailer. Since that was supposed to be our supper, supper became delivery pizza. Tonite's supper is going to be bow tie pasta with brussels sprouts and bacon in an alfredo sauce. Plus a salad. I'm already hungry again!

What's making you hungry?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, April 13

Post by zfatcat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:46 am

Mary, cats are funny about their routines. While I'm on the computer I have to pull up a chair for Molly to sit next to me. Otherwise she wants to stand on my lap the whole time I'm typing.
I used to pull up a chair for Emma when I was sewing, otherwise she would keep taking my chair when I got up to iron. Cats are just funny little creature that keep us on our toes.

Well I was up at 0400 this morning. DH was having chest pain and irregular heart beats, so I took him to the ER. I stayed about an hour, then came home to let the boys out to potty. He's still there. Then about 0700 I had to go up the street because my mom wouldn't put her boot back on her broken foot. When I got there all was fine. She said they men were being beastly. She can only come up with some words and not others.

I'm home and going to have some coffee before the next issue arises. Don't know what's for dinner. That's too far away at this point.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, April 14

Post by Becca » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:36 pm

Hello everyone sunny here at 83 before it cooled a tad
It’s been a quilting day for me I have 21/2 blocks to go Then Yippee
I got walk in early before the heat got here
Maryz I knew you would love the windows
Did the Vicky saga pass by without action
Lori Great that you are close for your Mom &Dad I’m sure it’s comforting to them
Prayers for DH that it isn’t serious
Jana Aaron must have nightmares That’s a high stress job

We have leftovers Tina got house cleaned
Becca
Last edited by Becca on Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, April 14

Post by auntjana » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:01 pm

Good late afternoon!

It started out raining, but that has since turned to snow. Sticking to the roots, but not much else. It was a good soaking rain earlier. The lawn care company stopped by and gave us a quote. Very reasonable. So that is now out of my hair.

Not much else here. Finally decided on dinner - cashew chicken over rice. I will brown the rice first, which helps with Michael's food needs. I just use converted white rice, brown it in a small amount of oil, then cook it according to directions. This way, the starch is cooked twice, helping with how fast it is absorbed by a diabetic. Tastes good this way too.

Mary - yippee all done! I know they look beautiful! Now to get Foxy to understand things will be back to normal soon.

Lori - there is much on your plate right now.. Many prayers for you and yours.

Becca - still not fair your warm weather! I got snow!

Today is our Lila's 3rd BD. We will gather and do a family party on Sunday. They want me to make and bring my club salad - just a macaroni salad, all dressed up. A trooper friend of Aaron made a special cake - Minnie Mouse, all pink for Lila. The trooper decorates fancy cakes on her time off.

Well, enjoy!
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”