Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, April 11th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, April 11th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:00 am

Good morning!

We're to be a sunny 52* today leading into about 10 days of sunny 60's and 70's. Ahhhhhh..... 8-)

I have my table runner all done except for the pieced border. I hope to get that finished before We tear apart my sewing room today. I have so much stuff crammed in there and I can't simply move it to other rooms because they have to be cleared, too! It's going to be an interesting day. Windows don't come until Tuesday but Bill is going to be gone all day tomorrow so we have to do all the prep today. My job tomorrow will be laundry plus washing all the valances. (we don't have any actual curtains). It should be nice enough weather that I can dry them on the line. Many won't even need ironing if I can do that.

BECCA - sorry about the raindrops falling on your head. Its happens now and then here, too. But I haven't melted yet! How is the quilting coming along on the baby quilt?

LORI - I have seen that quilt in its entirety before but didn't realize it was a BOM. I would love to borrow the pattern(s) though not sure when I would actually get around to doing it. My 'want to do' list is long. And I'm happy to loan you my Scaredy Cat TR pattern if you wish.

JANA - well, I guess I can extend the Lenten ban-lift for a week or two grace period. Since you seem to be insisting. What is the subject of your lesson? You are certainly working hard on it!

Our split pea soup was pretty good last night. But funny thing. I made baking powder biscuits to go with. But forgot to add the baking powder! lol! The biscuits were pretty flat, took longer to bake since they were so dense, but actually tasted OK. It was Chickie's recipe. I hope she doesn't stop by and read this!

Tonite - something Mexican with diced chilies. Maybe chili relleno torte. And salad. I went to the store and loaded up on fresh salad veggies. Yum!

How's the menu looking at your house?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, April 11th

Post by auntjana » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:37 am

Good morning!

Thank you for the reprieve. Tonight will be one last meal and the rest will be frozen for a future date.

Mary - you will find enough space in all the rooms. Just remember to leave an out as you move everything to the middle.

My RS lesson is on a talk from General Conference, the healing power of Jesus Christ. How when we turn and put our trust, our every thing, He is there for us. No matter our affliction, pains, joys, He has suffered and seen them all, just for each one of us. I present parts of the talk, then get a discussion going, hopefully. I hate to be the only one talking! They are good at adding points in the discussion.

Time to get dressed. Even make up and pantyhose! It has been a long 13 months not wearing pantyhose and a dress! I do have my dress picked out, it's my Easter dress I bought a year ago Easter! Even curled my hair! It has gotten so long, down to the middle of my back, that I can reach around behind me and touch the bottom of the hair. Mostly I have been wearing it straight, but will see if that continues. Michael loves long hair , so I won't cut it for awhile.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:32 am

Hello everyone sunny here & beautiful but windy Listened to Church
Levi come for a while to visit He is still moving things from the shop Still has much to get He’s also working on his house so he uses the shop
I hope we get over there before too
Long to see it CA hasn’t felt up to it

Maryz I finished one block yesterday 8 to go I felt I can do it Before I was doubting myself because it’s been so long You get out of practice
Jana When I taught I loved the class to discuss too Makes it interesting I think

I have chicken salad leftovers Will add new veggie CA has cherry pie
Becca

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:41 pm

Good afternoon! We are beautiful here today—77 degrees with not too much wind, and SUNNY! Unfortunately, this is the only day this week that will be like this. Starting tomorrow, we will be in low 60s with Friday dipping into the 50s.

Sorry I have been absent again! I was on a mission to finish the baby gift before the shower yesterday afternoon. I put the finishing touches in a bib yesterday morning! Everything was well received. I haven’t figured out posting pictures, so… none available. Before I start any more sewing projects, I MUST clean up my sewing room including corralling the scrap pile on the cutting table. I also MUST clean house. Everything has gotten put on hold while I didn’t feel like doing anything except holding on to the floor and then finishing all the baby things.

Lori—that quilt is so sweet! I remember when you posted it, and it reminded me of my past cats as well as Mary’s tuxedo kitty.

Mr. Bert is 11 days old today and growing like a weed! He is by far the healthiest calf I’ve raised. He is interested in eating feed and hay, and I’ll probably start him on a bucket soon. When I go to town Wednesday for my 30-day heart monitor, I will go to the feed store on the way home for another bag of milk replacer and a bag of calf starter (feed crumbles). This afternoon before his lunch bottle, we let him out of his little pen thinking he would like some exercise. Nope! He was more interested in following me around and butting me trying to find his magic udder. It was pretty funny!

Becca—I need to check out what you are making for a baby quilt. This was first time I’ve known ahead a time that the baby was a girl, and I went full pink on everything! I made a little Christmas stocking with her name embroidered on it. I try to make all of the babies stockings using El’s free pattern.

Jana—I haven’t worn pantyhose since I retired at the end of 2005! The few times I’ve worn a dress, they have been long.

Mary—you could pass the biscuits off as unleavened bread for Passover a week late. I thought I was the only one who did things like that! And, thank you for the reprieve on the pond fruit!

We will be having catfish, mac ‘n cheese, corn for DH and salad for me. The package from DS3 is pretty good sized, so we will be having it for several nights. Mine will be sautéed with a tiny bit of olive oil in a non-stick skillet. DH likes his dipped in cornmeal breading and fried. I’m thinking my salad will turn into fixin’s for fish tacos in a low-carb wrap.

Since today is the only nice day, I think I will take the dogs for a walk in the sun! I’ll be walking the dogs every day next week, and I have 4 trips to town for various tests, the monitor and a doctor appointment… letting you know just in case things get crazy and I can’t get to the table..,

Bon appétit!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:51 pm

Hi Chickie. Good to see you around. Sounds like you are feeling a bit better. Dog walking is a daily event here as well. Jack comes up to me and tells me it's time to go. He's such a cutie.

Mary, that's a cute pattern. Thanks for the offer, but I have enough to keep me busy for a while.

Jana, how wonderful for you to have a reason to get all gussied up. Your hair must be really long.

Well I got my taxes finished today. I find it ridiculous the way they make it so complicated. It should be a set flat tax and that's it. So I didn't get my quilts quilted over the weekend, so maybe tomorrow.

I had a bowl of Cherrios w/banana for dinner. Super simple.

Sleep well
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”