Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 10

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 10

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:00 am

Good chilly morning!

Well, I have to stop posting before coffee! I see y'all found S.C. yesterday despite my groggy start! lol! In the infamous words of Maxwell Smart, "Sorry about that!".

Yesterday I finished my UGRR and posted a photo in the UFO thread. That quilt had so much going on in it that I just did a simple freehand meander. None of Bill's fancy stuff. Then I cleaned up my sewing room and today will settle down to work on my Scaredy Cat Halloween runner, which will be just the right size (13x40) to put on my dining room buffet.

We will also start moving furniture around so the window people have free access to all the windows in the house. They need at least 2 feet they said. This is going to be tricky in some of the rooms. Like my sewing room . . :roll: Windows are coming 8am Tuesday. Bill is going to be gone all day on Monday, so we have to free up all the windows in the house on Sunday. But hoping to get a bit of a head start on that today. Plus we have friends coming at 4pm for supper tonite. It's going to be a full weekend!

JANA - I bet you are a good teacher! Small wonder Ethan prefers you - you're Gramma! I must be weird but I actually like doing dishes, especially after a big meal. Growing up, I HATED dishes, but then in our old farmhouse, there was no dishwasher - just my little sister and me and that sister always disappeared into the bathroom when it was time to do dishes! lol!

BECCA - I'm sorry to read that your niece isn't doing well. I'm sure your quilt, though, uplifted her and let her know she was surrounded by love and prayers.

LORI - I'm doing a pattern called "Scaredy Cat" by This & That. If I remember, I'll put a photo in here. The process is much like Elizabeth Hartman's patterns, if you've ever made one of hers. I don't think I've seen the Purrfectly Pieced patterns before. I had to look them up. They are cute! Which ones do you have?

Supper tonite is going to be soup - split pea with ham, salad, and biscuits. Friend, Susie, is bringing her Instapot brownies for afters. I did check with them to see if they like split pea soup. It's my favorite, but I know some folks are less enthusiastic. I offered them white chicken chili instead and this was their choice. So company coming next week will get the chili instead! lol!

What's your choice for tonite's supper?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 10

Post by Becca » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:07 am

Hello everyone cloudy here with a shower I got some drops on me when walking but not enough to bother
I got laundry done meds fixed & made chicken salad
Maryz I will go check out your quilt I’m sure it’s pretty Yes my Niece said every time she used the quilt she would feel a hug from me
Your table topper will be pretty

I will work some today on baby quilt
Have a great day everyone Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:08 am

Mary, I have all 5 patterns to complete the quilt. It was a block of the month at a LQS.
I like the pattern your are working on. It will be cute to put out for fall. Moving everything for new window is a big job. I bet you'll be happy once they are installed and everything is back in order again.

Becca, what pattern are you using for a baby quilt?

The boys have been walked. time for some breakfast, then I need to get the taxes started. Every year I tell myself I'm going to start early, but it never happens.

For dinner will be chicken noodle soup and corn bread.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:29 am

Good afternoon!

Been down here in the Batt Cave practicing my typing skills, or in the new vernacular, keyboarding! LOL I go with typing! I have my slides ready for my lesson tomorrow - just need a bit of Sarah's help in getting one slide in the right place and fixing some of the garish color on another. Other than that I am most likely ready, or so I hope. I get the whole lesson prepared and then when teaching, I tend to wing a lot of it , but so far it has worked out. Also been singing in my head, the hymns for tomorrow, since I am the chorister and need a bit of practice there too. These that we will sing tomorrow are some of the very favorites of Michael and me.

Just about to turn around and sew. Maybe I will maybe even make a new mask for Michael and me for church. Maybe one that matches my Easter dress, the one I bought for a year ago! LOL!

Dinner will be banned again. We have leftovers. Ethan was here for dinner last night and he was a very happy little boy to get PNW treat. It turns out that is one of the foods that Sarah is allergic to, so the only time Ethan will get to munch on it is at Grandma's house. He also made a batch of chocolate chip cookies here too. It was from a premade made mix from Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip box at Costco - add egg, softened butter and stir, then bake. Something that a 9 year old can do. Part of Sarah's allergies are wheat, dairy, and soy - so cookies will be a Grandma house thing.

Mary - that runner is adorable - I guess that Foxy posed for the cat at the bottom! I am still finding nose prints of my Perry on windows, so guess that Foxy will be adding his to the new ones this week.

Lori - sounds like the weather has settled into being nice for summer. Uggh - taxes, did mine and now just need to pay the state - feds are already done.

Becca - oh, hand quilting, my fingers hurt for you! But it will be beautiful!

Time to get sewing,
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:52 pm

Here's the picture of my completed quilt Mary.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”