Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 8

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 8

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:38 am

Good morning,

I'm up early this morning. Too early! But some days, that's how it goes. But I refuse to feed the fur-beggars their breakfast this early. Otherwise they'll want supper at noon! And they know how to work me. :lol:

Yesterday I saw my chiropractor, got in my walk, bound my "Let's Get Together" quilt, made my sew-along block, cleaned the sewing room, and then Bill and I went back to Tacoma. My sewing machine was ready for pick-up on Tuesday and I had a bracelet at the jeweler for repair and they called yesterday and said it was ready. A 30-mile RT plus bridge toll. Two days in a row. If I'd been thinking, I would have waited until both were ready and combined the trip but I was anxious to have "Chip" home again and I forgot about the bracelet.

Bill loaded my 86x100" UGRR on the quilt frame and I'm going to meander it today. Or at least get started on it. It's actually two sets of UGRR blocks together. I think that's my only plan.

CHICKIE - it's so great to have you back at the table! You've had a really rough 'go' lately. Sorry about all the dr appts. Sounds like your cholesterol issues may be congenital. I know your diet is already far healthier than most folks. I have faith you will have that baby quilt ready in time for Saturday. How is little Bert doing? Is Covid jealous at all about having to share HIS mom?

BECCA - I'm with you - I don't particularly care for housework but probably wouldn't want anyone else doing it for me. I'd be outside, too.

JANA - you are quite the talented lady and much in demand, it seems. Ethan's a good little student! He's learning to work towards a goal - extra playtime on Friday! Your chicken/rice recipe sounds delicious. I have a similar one that my late DH, Roy, used to make a lot. I haven't made it in many years. And sorry, but we prefer Miracle Whip - we like the little extra tang it has. We like mayo, too, but it tastes flat to us.

The leftovers are finally gone! yay! Tonite - I'm making a pepperoni and black olive pizza. With a salad. I can hardly wait. What are you making for your supper tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April 8

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:11 am

Good morning!

Waiting for my student to arrive. He may get to ride his bike "to school" - it is beautiful outside. Even getting warm. He always calls first, before he leaves, then calls home after he gets here. That way in these days, we can keep a close eye on him.

Finished my Gnome and it is now hand work. Today I will finish the tote for Sarah. Then see what trouble I can get into.

Mary - sorry you couldn't sleep last night. It can throw your whole day out of whack. I understand planning trips together too. The price of fuel has really gotten out of hand here. Then add in bridge tolls!

Dinners for the next few days will probably get me thrown out of the supper club! Some wonderful PNW treat came home with me and other of it's friends too. Warm enough to BBQ the PNW treat, and add some fresh green beans.

Went to Costco for milk and that's all, nothing extra like deck furniture jumped in the cart. It was too big for my deck, but I am still looking. I found a area rug from the Ruggables online company. Its called Watercolor Floral Coral. Haven't ordered it, yet, but close too. We want to take a ride up to SLC and look at a couple of stores up there.

Time to scoot,
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:27 am

Hello everyone our sun left for a shower but Ivgot my walk in I got a tad wet but that’s ok
Got shots errands done Have to go back tomorrow for DDS for cleaning
Maryz Its a bummer not to sleep Sure hope tonight is better Too bad you didn’t get trips combined

Jana We used to do the same thing for our Keith when he was little His Mom would call us & when he got here we called her
Nice you can help with School Sounds like you have a good student

Chickie So glad you joined us again I understand all you have to go thru Been there with CA I would think your diet was perfect CAs is genetic too his is always high

I am going to work on quilt since I can’t go outside Will sandwich ready to quilt Wish I had a LA to do it but it will be by hand
We had chicken pot pie It didn’t get ready for yesterday’s meal. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:50 pm

OK - here's a new dumb thing to do while quilting! I was doing some hand work on Sarah's tote bag. My needle became unthreaded as I was blind catching a binding on the pocket. So I picked up - I thought, the white thread tail I was using to rethread it in the needle. It wasn't the thread I grabbed, but a white strand of my hair and was trying to put that through the eye of the needle! Boy I must be getting blind! Or my hair is getting quite white! LOL!

Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”