Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, April 6

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, April 6

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:40 am

Good morning

We are to be 60* today. Yay! But rain coming tomorrow. But that's OK. Keeps everything lush and green here. Will be nice again by end of the week and all next week. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (Foxy fell asleep and dropped his head on my keyboard there for a minute)

Yesterday I quilted my "Get Together" quilt - the top I finished about 6 weeks ago where I paper-pieced a billion flying geese. At least it seemed like a billion to me. Maybe it was only 127. I forget. And I cut out a Halloween tablerunner. Today I will bind that quilt and quilt my scrappy top I just finished. And make a log cabin block for the sew-along. I didn't realize it had started already so I better get on the stick. I think I'll do this in 30's fabrics.

Yesterday the power company was at Vicki's inspecting her scorched meter. They said her house is a serious fire hazard and if she doesn't authorize repairs of the meter and wiring leading to it, they may have to condemn the house. We're 99% certain she won't authorize the repairs, but her son, who's name is on her account, may. We'll see what happens. Our house, tractor, trailer are only about 70 feet from her house. We have a very vested interest in this.

IRiSH - I'm with you! No crowds for us either. The biggest 'crowd' we've been in - and that only twice - was 6, which included ourselves. And we were all fully vaccinated. I just don't understand large groups getting together right now.

BECCA - my new project is cross-stitch, aka "X-st". I loved the picture - looks so much like our Olympic Mtns where we've done scads of camping all my life. But when I saw the bears, I had to have it! Glad you are getting some relax time after your busy week!

JANA - I like it - Mama Deaf! Kind of like husbands going 'wife deaf'. It's a thing! How's the bed quilt coming along? Is it your JN?

We ate leftovers again last night and will again for one more night. But I may 'rearrange' them. Make something different out of them. I want to use some of the ham for split pea soup, but I have to be careful because I'll have a lot of leftovers from that, too!

How's your supper plan coming along?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, April 6

Post by Becca » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:46 am

Hello everyone sunny here & got walk in & laundry finished Have pintos on cooking
Will add cornbread
Maryz If that is cross stitch it May cake me 5 years I can see it in crewel It’s a beautiful picture
You are staying busy with the quilting
I sure hope they do something about Vickeys situation That’s an accident waiting to happen

I never did write about potatoes I have never stuck a hole in a potato until last week My first & last I had 1 to explode What a mess I have always just oiled them & salt So that’s my experience

Irish I too would avoid crowds We have mostly 1 family at a time It’s not like it used to be All at 1 time
Jana I love Mama deaf I think we have all done that
Have a great day I plan to work outside today Some shrubs need clipping
Becca

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:07 pm

Good morning! The lost is trying to return and put together a few coherent sentences. For awhile I was unable to figure out typing and my computer operations. When I started sewing, I had to get out the manual to figure out how to fill bobbins! Thankfully, I am feeling MUCH better! Just hoping I can miss going to the hospital this week! It has been every other Friday for three trips! It’s getting old, for sure. I even have a “go” bag packed just like an expectant mom. When I crash, there’s no time to waste. We grab the bag and head to ER.

My little calf is so sweet! He is a big boy! His mom was a large, white Charolais cow. Mr. Bert is gray and looks like Pocket Lint! We are in the middle of calving, and Pocket Lint and Blondie each have little gray calves. There are also a bunch of black calves.

I’m trying to free-motion quilt a baby quilt and get it finished for the drive by shower this Saturday.

Becca—thank you for the Gatorade suggestion! So far it seems to be working for me!

Mary—Maybe that’s what needs to be done…condemn Vicky’s house, and she would HAVE to move!

Seems like everything gets in the way of my quilting sessions, but I’m finally ready to get started today.

Dinner tonight will be some kind of leftovers, I guess. I’ll cook tomorrow eve.

It’s good to be back! Thank you all for the lovely comfort quilt! I feel like there are others who are so much more deserving! But, secretly I’m so pleased that you all think of me!

Bon appétit!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:16 pm

Good afternoon!

School is done for the day. Ethan has been an angel in getting in and doing his work. We did extra today, to be able as a reward , to be done and have Friday to play. Ethan is now having lunch and helping me with my uglies. I have dishwashers running and laundry too. After lunch, we will make the bed with clean sheets, and vacuum. Michael moved the bed over, so it is now centered between the two windows. Later the arch will get hung.

Mary - no, the quilt I am working on is not my JN, but a log cabin, laid in a barn raising pattern, done in burgundy, golds, yellow and a small touch of a green. The yellows are perfect for the paint I just had done. It was not planned, but works perfectly in that room. Oh, I don't know which way to wish - one the electrical needs to be fixed or that Vicki says no and is able to be taken care of. Michael is wondering how she scorched the meter, without blowing the fuses? At any rate it is a seriously dangerous situation.

Dinner - I am so not in the mood to cook! About 24 hours more and I can go out and get something! Living with an engineer, you don't cut corners on safety issues. So we will behave and wait just a bit longer. Michael has been dealing with the safety of more than 300,000 people every day riding the trains for close to 50 years, and so I know not push timing. Michael will complete 50 years at BART in September. Even though he retired 10 years ago, he is still working for them as a consultant. How in the world did it become that long? Heck, we were just married not long after he started working there.

Well, time to get more chores done,
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”