Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, April 6

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, April 6

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:16 am

Good morning,

I overslept this morning. I took a PM at 10:30 because I couldn't sleep. And then I did! :lol: We had a nice evening with our friends. But we have enough leftovers to last all week long! I think I might just make a casserole (or two!) with some of them and pop them into the freezer for "one of those days". Also, our friends brought a lemon cobbler and a Costco apple pie and left half of each with us! We had enough food yesterday to feed 8 more people!

We have no plans today. The house is clean, laundry is caught up, no errands or appointments. I think I'll piece a quilt back and put my scrappy top on the frame and do some meandering. I made the binding for it yesterday. If it's warm enough I may work in the yard this afternoon.

JANA - You day sounds awesome! I'm glad you have Sarah backing you up with all your cross-stitch supplies. Yesterday I ordered a new X-st project called "Ambling Along at Sunset" from Stitchery magazine, but I also Googled it and on some sites it's called "Sunset Mountain Trail". It has details almost like a Thomas Kincade painting. A 14"x11" woodsy scene with a mama bear and two cubs. Not sure what I was thinking, but I LOVE this picture and couldn't resist it. It's going to take me 2 or 3 years to finish. I'm going to have to make another "don't take me until I finish this!" bargain with God. Sorry it turned sideways. Not sure why some photos do that.
TINA - glad you are feeling better after your shot! Did you make it through your big family Easter yesterday?

MARY ROSE - how are you doing back at work?

BECCA - The party just never ends at your house!

CHICKIE is feeling better. She did have a couple of small strokes but recently her 'episodes' are believed to be effects of medications they put her on. Specifically BP med, I think. Anyway she is doing better now. And they had a new calf that looks like he's going to be another bottle baby for her. She named him Bert and he immediately took to her and to the bottle.

You are going to get tired of hearing this this week, but we're having leftover ham, potatoes, brussel sprouts for supper. How about you?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, April 6

Post by Becca » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:08 am

Hello everyone sunny here at 65 already I got walk in early Yesterday it was hot when I walked
I feel like I need a day to recuperate Last week was busy but I will get back in groove
Glad to hear Chickie is recovering And a new baby calf too
Maryz Glad you had a nice Easter Your food sounds like ours The picture is beautiful but what kind of stitching is it you will do on it
I found pictures of my two favorite projects I did Both are crewel Denise has them now
Tina I do hope you was able to get Easter prepared
Jana Your family does the same as our family when we get together It is making great memories
Rosebud I hope you made out ok back at work
Lori Sure hope things don’t get too bad with your Mother It’s a hard thing to deal with
We have BBQ for CA & Chicken n stuffing for me I’ll add a veggie & salad for me We have cranberry salad too
Becca

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:17 pm

Good late afternoon from a sunny, summery, SW. Pa....Here it is late afternoon already and wondering just where the day has gone......

Mary, you really had a full day or should say, full weekend and sounds like you needed that PM last night....I keep thinking, holidays are just another day but those days seem to get very busy...But, I do think as you get older, or should say, my age, holidays don't mean as much as when we had a housefull of kids...And I really must be getting old or maybe it's this pandemic thing, but being around lots of people seems to bother me...Yesterday, my sister had close to 20 people for dinner and I thought, no way! Kevin and his small family was just enough, even through the little one is a tornado in the making, lol.....Oh well, enough of my complaining, didn't mean too....I love to hear about families, mine included but sometimes at a distance, lol.....
But, to appease my sister, I did go over and have lunch with her today and of course came home with left overs.....And I love, love the picture/kit you posted, absolutely gorgeous....Cindy did a few of the KIncade pictures, so pretty but so time consuming......
Kevin called and said, he got an email about his 2nd shot so that means, sleeves up, arm bare on Wed...I'm just hoping I don't get nasty side affects, I'm supposed to go fishing on Sat.....My nephew reminds me just about every day, he's so excited to see if I can catch anything but a cold.....

I did spend some of the day checking the plants and seems like most of them survived the winter...Then I started going through summer stuff and trying to decide what's going to fit and what to keep...Afraid to put the winter stuff away, I know Mother Nature isn't done with us yet.....

Other than that, very lazy day....Dinner tonight will probably be left overs and I have home made cinnamon rolls for after...Heck, I just might have a cinnamon roll and call it dinner......

So glad to hear Chickie is feeling better....Also sounds like she's going to have another spoiled bottle baby.....

You all have a great rest of the day....

Happy eating....................

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:09 pm

Good afternoon!

Well my school day is over. Today, we got all assignments done. I am filling in for Sarah this week. It helps to not have Ethan become what we call Mama deaf. He will work for me without too much arguing in doing his school work. While Ethan did work, I quilted my Gnomes. That was, after fighting with some thread. That is now corrected.

We had lots of fun with all the family. The kids enjoyed the egg hunt. We accounted and found all hidden. No leftovers here for dinner, so I will come up with something.

It is good to be wary of large groups, I am and it will take awhile to undo all we have gone through this past year plus.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”