Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Easter Sunday, April 4th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Easter Sunday, April 4th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:24 am

Good morning,

After several days of 64*, we are going to be 46* and rainy for Easter. Sigh. Our friends who are coming to supper probably didn't want to hunt eggs anyway.

We have the house cleaned, the gutters cleaned, and the clothes cleaned. We are ready! That's all we've been doing for two days - clean. Today we're going to start messing things up again when the cooking starts.

TINA - glad you are fully vaccinated. Sorry about the fever, et al, but at least you know your vaccines are working! Sort of a good news/bad news kind of thing.

BECCA - Things will settle down at your house just in time for CA's birthday! lol!

JANA - oh, get the furniture - then we can be deck furniture twins! Great place to display quilts ... Does Michael like surprises for his birthday?? Is your bedroom all squared away now?

Friends, Gus & Claudia, are coming to dinner at 3pm today. I'm making ham, scalloped potatoes, brussels sprouts w/bacon & parmesan, fruit salad, homemade bread. Claudia is bringing something lemony. And we'll probably play a few games after supper.

What is your Easter plan?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Easter Sunday, April 4th

Post by Becca » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:44 am

Happy Easter to all What a glorious day here We will get into 60s Yesterday we were 64 So pretty
Maryz We don’t expect company but I didn’t know Marty was coming either until he called on the way to let me know He comes to see his grands too which includes the twins They are little cuties
Enjoy your company Your menu sounds good They brought us food yesterday Goodies for CA too I told them we have enough food for an Army
I watched the final four game Itcwas a great game
Won at buzzer in overtime
I also went thru old pictures & made all the children piles of their families It will save them time
We have had a busy week so today will be quiet if none shows up
CA has been having acid issues so today will be banned chowder for him I have chicken n dressing Denise brought us And baked beans lots of goodies to choose from
Happy Easter to all Becca

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Easter Sunday, April 4th

Post by auntjana » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:08 am

Good morning!

Happy and blessed Easter Day.

We will be gathering as a family at Matt's home today for dinner. We will have ham, which Matt found a recipe to smoke, our Aunt Sarah salad, which is better known as funeral potatoes, asparagus, rolls, goodies and a smoked turkey breast too. It will be interesting with all the food allergies in this family, but we will enjoy it! Earlier the kids will dye eggs and the grown ups will hide them, along with some filled plastic eggs. Hoping that the puppy dog will leave them all along. She might spend a short time in her kennel.

One more session of Conference this afternoon. Such great messages and teachings.

I started quilting my Gnome wall hanging yesterday and will work more on it today.

Mary - thank you for the offer of embroidery floss. Sarah has a ton and all my extra, so I will snitch back some. It has gotten hard to see the holes in the Aida cloth as I have gotten older. I did a lot of counted cross stitch in my younger days. Sarah loves it and took all my books to her house.

Not much else her, just another couple of days for my 2 week final waiting period.

Tina - sorry you had such a reaction to the second dose. I feel for you, as that was the way my first dose was. The second was so much easier.

Hugs and prayers, so thinking of our Chickie and Cindyg. They are so much 9n my mind,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”