Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sat, April 3

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sat, April 3

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:18 am

Good morning,

Got all my UGHlies done yesterday and the laundry. Then we went to Costco for milk. We really need to start getting milk delivered, I think. We ended up buying a set of new patio furniture - couch, two chairs, coffee table, and 4 decorative pillows. They had it all displayed for us to try out and it was so comfy and it fit us both. We came home, looked at out old stuff, most of it already used when we got it over the past 30 years, and decided it was time to upgrade so back to Costco we went. Our deck is our living room 5 months of the year. So today's plan is to get it all together and up onto the deck. And the oldstuff down OFF the deck.

I also need to run to the store to get some fruit for a fruit salad for tomorrow, vacuum downstairs, and not much else. We didnt' have any Easter plans until we talked to friends, Gus & Claudia, and when we learned they didn't either, we invited them for ham and scalloped potatoes (and hopefully fruit salad) and then to play some games. Would love to use our pretty new outdoor seating but it's going to be 45* and rainy tomorrow.

JANA - I'm a bit of a stickler on the back of my patchwork, too. I want all my seams nested, and pressed and threads clipped. and then I cover it all up with batt and backing! lol!

LORI - Sadly, having just been down this path with my brother's wife, I know too well what you are going through with your mom. Prayers go with you. How was the wine-tasting? Was it blind? We love wine-tasting parties. It's fun to compare the wines.

Tonite's supper is going to be red beans and rice. and a tossed salad. I found it in the freezer. Well, not the salad. I'd frozen leftovers in a small casserole dish, then removed it and bagged it. I will simply pop it back into that casserole and heat it in the oven. I love suppers like this!

What are you having?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sat, April 3

Post by auntjana » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:18 am

Good afternoon!

First session is over, now a break, then more. It was wonderful!

Mary - see what trouble you can find at Costco! How fun to get a whole new room for your outdoor living space. I think I know which one. Sarah went to Costco for me the other day, and I told her if she sees something that I would like or need, just get it and I will pay you back. Well, she called, laughing , that she found me a outdoor set that I would love! No, it didn't come home here to live. Glad it got a good home at your home! Michael is not amused when I do big surprises, so he will help in picking it out and with a tape measure to make sure it fits. I have a very large tendency to try to stuff more in than I have space.

Dinner - unknown at the moment. Leaning toward enchiladas with Hatch green chili sauce I have.

Heading to the Batt Cave to work on projects.

Stay Safe! My full vaccination time is Wednesday, Michael's is today, can hardly wait!

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:24 pm

Hello everyone
Happy Easter to all Its beautiful here today at 64 We got in 20s last nite
It’s been a busy 3 days Denise & Mark on Thursday & Friday Today marty & his friend And Keith FaceTimed I got laundry in before they arrived & Meds done too
My house looks like a florist 4 hanging baskets & potted plants Will all go out when the nights warm up
Maryz Enjoy your new furniture And your guests And Ivread about your DB Wow he needs to retire & enjoy his years left
Know you were relieved when you got that call
Jana Enjoy your conference
I’m about ready for a break We have had so much good food & treats cards & flowers My birthday just kept going lol
We had leftovers today Denise brought her Dad his favorite BBQ & me Key lime pie I hadn’t eat any in 14 yrs
Lori I’m sorry to hear about your Mother CAs Mother had that & it’s very hard to deal with Hugs & Prayers for you & your Dad

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:37 pm

Hi everyone.
Sorry I've been MIA, my second vaccine knocked me for a loop. I ran 102.2 temp and felt like I had the flu big time. I'm better now but really tired. I'm supposed to cook for Easter tomorrow because the kids and grands are all coming. I'm hoping I have energy tomorrow because I'm gonna need it.
I hope you all have a good Easter.
Sorry I'm just popping through but it's late and I'm tired.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”