Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April !st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April !st

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:07 am

Good morning!

We had a spectacular day yesterday - for here. 65* and sunny. I would have worked outside except that I was dressed for chiropractor appt and then some shopping. And I had to stay clean to go to dinner with the grandsons. So I did a few inside chores, washed sheets and fabric and dried it all on the lines. They smelled so good when we went to bed. And dinner with the boys was so much fun! We ate outside on the restaurant patio and it was awesome! It's great to get caught up with their lives. Drew's biggest thing going on right now is a new roof for his house. They are so grown up now - 23 and 27 - and such nice young men.

Today's plan is to do some house UGHlies. And move stuff back into new bathroom vanity. I put wall decor things up and bought a new rug. Bill is finishing last of mopboards today, he says. He keeps getting distracted by nice weather and he ended up on the roof, blowing it off, cleaning gutters, spreading Moss-Be-Gone the last two afternoons. We might finish setting up our deck for summer - cushions, BBQ, comfy seating. Maybe even some flowers. A little early for the TV yet, though . . .

While at Michaels yesterday I found a frame purrfect for a winter wool applique project I finished 18 months ago and just put away. So now I have that framed and on my dining room wall. I also found our Michaels has FABRIC!! and quilting supplies! Happy Day! Since our LQS closed 2 yrs ago we've had to drive to Tacoma just for thread. It's a test thing. The clerk thought only 7 of their stores have fabric and it's only been there a month. Not a lot of fabric, but their buyer made good choices.

MARY ROSE - sorry you are having to return to work. Though paychecks are nice, too. Are you doing full-time right out of the gate or are they going to ease you in part-time? Is surgery off or are you still in 'wait and see' mode?

LORI - so sorry you are going through this with your parents. It's a rough time. My brother, 86, in Alaska did the same thing - but because of no Covid no one could help him except to drop groceries off in his garage. He finally could do it no longer and a bed became available in a facility last November. He was so reluctant to admit her but he REALLY had to do it. This week is the first time he's seen her since her admission because they've both finally been vaccinated. He is back in his semi-truck now, but really missing his sweetie. I feel for you and your parents.

IRISH - Hope your weather straightens up soon! Hope the romance of your single card playing friend blooms. Life is short. I say Jump on that! :D So, are those hockey blocks already stitched or do you have to do the stitching, too? But what a heartfelt project! It will be lovely when you are done.

BECCA - it's Denise Day! Yay for you! Glad your check-up checked out great! and I remember Hadlee's cyst now. Let us know when her surgery is scheduled and we'll pour on the prayers.

I STILL haven't made my bow tie pasta w/bacon and brussels sprouts. So unless plans go a different direction again, I'll be making that tonite.

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April !st

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:32 am

Good morning!

Yes, my bed made it! It was an adventure getting it here. One of the companies movers had a emergency with a newborn baby and that delayed our delivery. I was good with even delivering today, but they came later and did it. No word on the baby, so I am praying all is well.

Mary - the bed is mission style with a shallow eliptical arch across the top. My Michael's store here has fabric too. I haven't been in yet to check it out. That comes in a week! Your grandsons are such wonderful young men. They have accomplished much.

Sewing today, unless my handyman comes. I will get the quilt for my bed on my LA and work on that.

Dinner - burgers and a small macaroni salad.

Sarah has found some vegan butter and mayo she can eat. She was so happy it tasted good. She called just to tell me last night. This is a whole new adventure ! We now stop and question all food and what may have been added.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Irishgram

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, April !st

Post by Irishgram » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:25 am

Good morning from a cold, snowy, SW. Pa.....This might be April Fool's Day but this cold snap is no joke......

Mary, love to hear about dinner with the young people, especially when there are a couple of them....The stories are amazing...But, I really am having a hard time accepting the fact that the kids are so grown up, especially my Nick.....Where did the time go???? I haven't been to our Michael's but did see that they also have fabric...One of these days, I'll have to visit....The quilt blocks are already cross stitched, thank goodness...Cindy's work is unbelievable, her backs are almost as perfect as the front...Kevin has been redoing his house and this quilt will go in the guest room...He had also given me 6 nursery rhyme blocks she had cross stitched and I'm framing those for Emma's room......We had our "meet and greet" last night and our friend's beau is indeed a keeper...We're not too happy with him taking her away from our card playing but she does seem happy.......And of course, he might think we're mild and meek but if he hurts her, he'll see how nasty we can be, lol....

Jana, Happy days, the bed made it! That has to be so exciting, a new room to decorate....Hurry up with that quilt, lol......I know what you mean about checking to see what's in food...Our Casey is "gluten free" and I'm supposed to watch what I eat and sometimes it's hard...Dan and Casey both love pumpkin pie and I really didn't like using the gluten free flour so I mixed up the crust with gluten free sugar cookies and she couldn't get enough......

Lori, I feel so bad for you, having to go through this, it sure isn't easy...Like Mary's brother, it does get to the point that you do need to place them...It was me being in the hospital that pushed placing Jim in the Memory Unit for the last 9 months he was with us...It was tough but looking back, there is no way I could have kept him safe and he was very well taken care of both by the home and Hospice.....

Not sure what or if I'm cooking today...That meat loaf or chili never did get made...But, today is bingo and that means, my sister will want to eat out so it's hard to say where we'll end up, but I think she's leaning towards Chinese.........

You all have a great rest of the day....

Happy eating.......................

Return to “Chit Chat”