Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

supper club - Wed, March 31

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

supper club - Wed, March 31

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:22 am

Good morning,

We're 37* this morning, but supposed to be 60+ degrees by this afternoon, our warmest day of the year to date. :D Yesterday Bill hooked up everything in the bathroom and then we added the "jewelry" - knobs, TP holder, shower curtains. He needs to do the mop boards today and we have to get a new rug. Then DONE! Good thing because the window company called and they are coming to install all the new windows in 2 weeks instead of 6 weeks. So a new project to enjoy!

I finished my scrappy quilt yesterday morning and posted a photo. Somehow I got extra pix of Foxy in there and they all came out little even though I sized them my normal size (480x640). Oh well.

JANA - great news about your bedroom furniture! Though you do realize tomorrow is April Fool's Day, don't you? :) We've tipped delivery folks and floor folks to help us move things before. And reset new toilets. . . Everyone seems happy to do it - for a little $$.

BECCA - I'm picturing those little twins toddling around and they are so cute in my mind! You'll have to refresh me on Hadlee's surgery. Was this always going to happen or was it "wait and see if it needs to be done"? So much has been going on with these two little ones since their birth some of the details have escaped me.

TINA - maybe you need a longer recess on Mondays! Can you take recess in your sewing room? :lol: Bummer about the dirt. You could save it all and get a new houseplant . . . #30! Hope everyone does OK at the vet today.

My lunch with friend, Esther, filled me up yesterday so I didn't cook last night. Bill reheated the leftover chili. Tonite our two grandsons, Drew & Alec, invited us to join them at a restaurant in Silverdale, about 30 miles north of us. It's kind of a brewery/pub sort of place so burgers and chicken strips are the mainstays of their menu. We haven't seen the boys in over 5 months so this will be a real treat for me!

What's happening in your kitchen tonite?

rosebud3

Re: supper club - Wed, March 31

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:58 am

Good morning. Today is a quick stop by to let you know I return to work tomorrow. I got the wedding quilt spray basted. The grids are drawn out for my x-stitch label, and the label wording is marked so I can get started on the stitching. I will be taking it to work with me, and put stitches in during lunch each day.

Jana, it's about time that they are getting your bed to you.

MaryZ, going out with the young ones should be so much fun. Enjoy. Your camping quilt is wonderful.

Prayers for Chickie and Kathy.

Supper tonight will be more pasta. One more day and the menu can change, lol.

Mary/Rosebud

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:19 am

Good almost noon from a very dreary, wet, chilly, SW. Pa....Yesterday we were sunny, 72 and in shorts, today, just plain yucky and expecting snow by tonight....I know tomorrow is April Fool's Day but Mother Nature is really playing jokes on us...Enough is enough!

Mary, the excitement just never ends in your house, does it? One project after the other, that's great.....Around here, I've been trying to get a roof over my front porch/deck and here it is a year later and still no roof, lol....Oh well, maybe this year.....And, your scrappy quilt is perfect as always.....Boy, I wish I lived closer, I need a touch of your energy plus maybe some help.....Kevin had given me a huge bag of cross stitching projects Cindy had done and what a bag! The boys had played hockey and the whole family are big fans so she had cross stitched every teams logo...I knew she had been working on these and had asked me if I'd put them together in a quilt...Well, the time has come, I now have 30 squares, mostly the same size but not all....I washed and ironed them yesterday and after trying to figure out how to place them, got a headache, lol.....But, little by little, I'll work on it and come up with a plan....Cindy had even bought the backing fabric so this will really be "her project"...Something Kevin will treasure, I'm sure.....

Becca, I have the same vision as Mary...Just imagining those little ones scampering every where and lots of giggles....Hard to believe how time is flying....Always keeping them in my prayers.....

Even though it's raining, I have to run some errands....Been putting it off all morning and it doesn't look like it's going to clear up....Tonight, our "Golden girls" card group is invited to meet our single lady's boyfriend...It's a long time friend, who had moved out of the state years ago and then met up again on FB...They have been taking it slow and finally, I guess he's decided, he'd better get our approval, lol....They were out for a walk yesterday so I did get to meet him and I'd say, he's a keeper, lol...
As for my dinner, I thawed out some ground meat to make, either a meat loaf or chili....Will see what magically appears.......

You all have a great rest of the day.......

Happy eating...................

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:28 am

Mary, you get to see the boys and you don't have to cook again. Win/win.

Irish, what a big project to take over. I bet it will be wonderful when it's done.

Mary/Rose, good luck returning to work. Hope all works out.

My mom was in the hospital the last few days. She passes out because here heart was racing and when she fell she fractured her ankle. She is in the later stages of dementia, this is very difficult. She keeps trying to take the boot off her leg. My 88 year old dad insists on taking care of her, but he's exhausted. I went up there yesterday and cleaned a bit, and then was there when they brought her home. Challenges on the horizon. I did work part of a quilt a bit last night. I won't be sewing near as much in the coming days I'm sure.

It's supposed to be 90* today, so we'll be having something I can cook on the grill outside. Burgers or Steaks.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:06 am

Hello everyone rainy day here Going to Town was a real test because rain was o all the highways & you had to watch about hydroplane
We are to be in 20s next 5 nights Yesterday 72
I got a great report at Dr sure hope the blood work is good
Maryz Hadlee has cyst on Heart It’s rare
Glad you are all spruced up for Easter
Jana Sure hope the bed gets there
Irish that will be a special quilt Sounds like a big project
Rosebud Sorry you have to return to work
Lori So sorry about your Mother That’s hard to deal with Your Dad has quite a task
Good you live close
Have a great day to all. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:25 pm

Good afternoon!

Well, sitting here waiting for my stuff to arrive. The room is already to have the old frame downstairs. I bought awhile ago a flower arch to go over the head of the bed. I got two, thinking that I would have one over the door too, but they were too small, so I joined them to into one and it's ready to go. Now I just need the bed in place!

Not much here. Dinner will probably be tacos. Sarah just emptied her pantry of all things she can't eat. I have some, she shared with Crenda and Kate the most of it. We now read everything to see what's hidden - soy and dairy is in everything! Good thing much of the cooking here is from scratch, and will be even more so.

Mary - loved seeing Foxy. He is adorable! Windows coming early will be great too. When ours were replaced in the Concord house, they didn't make much of a mess through the house.

Lori - such a tough time for you with your mom. Many prayers for you and your Dad.

Tina - I will be joining you in the school house learning for April. Sarah needs me to help out with Ethan's teaching.

Becca - oh how the drivers here in Utah need to slow down not to hydroplane.

MaryR - hope your day back to work is a god 9ne.

Time to scoot,
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”