Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club - Tuesday, March 30

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club - Tuesday, March 30

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:21 am

Good morning,

Well, we're winding March down it looks like it's going to go out like a lamb this year. 50's and mostly sunny for the next week. I can dig it!

Our bathroom floor is in, new toilet is in (and working!), vanity and sink are in. Need to hook up faucet, put up mop board trim, and rehang door (always a nice touch, don't you think?). Then it's just decor - towels, shower curtain, rugs, etc. Should finish it all today! I also got my scrappy quilt top together and will add borders today. It was kind of confusing yesterday with crew here working on floor and carpeting the stairs. We were trying to keep Scottie and Foxy, both curious and friendly, out of their way. Then my walking buddy texted from Reno saying her son called her to tell her that her dog, Duchess, was lost. Lori was frantic. So Scottie and I went walking with an extra leash looking for her. Bill posted a lost dog message on our community talk website and he had a response with minutes! She was at a house very near by. Duchess was ecstatic to see Scott and me and when I texted Lori that we found her she was in tears she was so happy. So I brought Duchess back here for a couple of hours to wait for the son to come get her. Duchess is a sweetie but she does love to chase cats and has been known to kill squirrels. So I had to lock Foxy up in my sewing room and we had to fence her and Scottie away from our floor crew using a baby gate and overturned chairs. What a day we had! I'm hoping Duchess gets a new collar for her birthday, complete with ID tags, and WEARS THEM.

IRISH - good to see you! Glad you had such a nice time with Kathy and you got your shot. You even got Baby Girl caught up in your adventures this time! Hope life is settling down again now - until the next time! :lol: And a trio of baby eagles! What fun to watch! Mom and Dad are going to be busy!

JANA - Sarah is really pouring the coal on to get her degree. Good for her! It ain't easy going to school when you have a job, family, home, and a commute. I did it myself and I say more power to Sarah!

MARY ROSE - wishing you good luck at your dr appt today. I'm anxious to hear what he says. I used a fine point sharpie on my plastic floss bobbins. It worked well. Anything worked on the cardboard ones. Purr-babies can make anything with thread or yard challenging!

BECCA - your day exhausted me! Errands, mulch, phone calls, walking, watering plants. I suppose there was a bit of cooking in there, too. I hope there's time for you to relax today. How have you been feeling? No more BP issues? And what's the latest on the twins?

I think tonite we're finally going to have our pasta/brussels spouts supper. I've been threatening it for quite a while now. With a salad along side. Easy peasy.

What can I get for you?

auntjana

Re: Supper Club - Tuesday, March 30

Post by auntjana » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:12 am

Good morning!

Mary - oh such great news you found Duchess. Yes, I hope she gets a collar and ID tags for her birthday. Yea too, on getting that bath and stairs done. Now comes the fun part, the jewelry as I call it, all the finishing decorating touches.

My furniture and I are all in Utah! The shop called last night and let me know. They will deliver it on Wednesday or Thursday. Of course, my manpower is now working graveyard shift, so he is not available. We are hoping to pay the delivery guys a few extra bucks to take the old bed pieces downstairs. The old base has drawers, so they will be put to use under the railroad. Never can have too much storage. Now I need to get the quilt done for the new bed. 2 pillow shams as well. And my handyman will be here this week as well. He finished the insert cover for my island and will cut the hole in the island top for Ruby to raise up and down into her hiding space. This insert covers that hole, so I have a flat space to work on. When it rains, it pours! Or maybe I should say snows! We were 21 earlier this morning.

Dinner - well, Michael informed me that he is not fond of my one pot meal, so it was punted for a long time. He would rather have a soup. So that will be a meal tonight. Not sure what kind yet.

Heading to the Batt Cave after breakfast. I got all my uglies, laundry and cutting Michael's hair done yesterday. So I can play!

Stay Safe!
Hugs and prayers,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:39 am

Hello everyone sunny here today Got walk in after laundry and got my oven meal going And I cleaned the porch downstairs too Levi got a load of his things from basement so I cleaned it too
Maryz Now you can enjoy all your new House Floors cabinets & everything else
My BP is staying perfect Walking is the key
And I feel great I couldn’t be working like I am if I wasn’t I go to Dr for check up in the morning It’s a wellness check
Our little Twins are going for lots of check ups this week & coming up Hadlees surgery is soon too Will get date soon
She is walking everywhere Brodee is standing alone so he is right behind
They are both doing good They are moved in new House just not straight yet We are waiting until they get boxes unpacked
Jana Good for Sarah Of course she is an achiever Glad you furniture is almost home
Irish So happy you enjoyed family time Always fun Sure that little one brings joy to all
And triplets How exciting & lots of work for parents
I made meat loaf and baked potatoes
They were yummy
I am trying to get to my machine this afternoon
Denise & Mark are coming Thursday I’m trying to get things in order Oh wow just remembered strip bed & dress
Have a great day everyone Becca
Rosebud Prayers for an extended LOA
For you

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:48 pm

Hi everyone!
I've been a little tired lately, I think school is wearing me out LOL Monday we go for longer hours.
Boy Mary that was a busy busy day at your house yesterday! Did you get your bathroom all finished with the bling?
Jana, I'm so glad you're finally getting your furniture! I hope the delivery guys can get your old stuff moved where you'd like 🤞
Becca, I bet the twins are adorable! That'll be fun for them to have a new house.
We were 80° today and blowing dirt where we couldn't see. I had to shut the house up as much as possible so I could breath halfway. I'm gonna dust, vacuum and mop now.
We had a chicken fried steak scramble for supper.
I'm taking Duncan and Rosie to the vet tomorrow afternoon for a checkup and shots for Rosie, not sure if he'll give Duncan his with all the problems he's having. He's broke out really bad, he's got an eye infection, ears are both infected so we'll see.
I hope all is good Maryrose ❤
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”