Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 29

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 29

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:18 am

Good morning,

We're 34' here this morning, but dry and clear! Yesterday was wet and wild. It was a day to get cozy inside. We have the bathroom ready for its new floor and after that I worked on my scrappy project for a few hours. Hope to finish that top today. I think it will be for donation, but we'll see . . . .I really like how it's turning out. Selfish me just may want to keep it!

MARY ROSE - when you wind your bobbins, do you have a winder gizmo or are you doing it by hand? I have most DMC colors and most are on bobbins and filed into plastic cases. The winder-upper fits on the edge of the case and it turns the bobbin with a little hand crank. Goes quickly.

BECCA - wise of you to not sew in the storm. We don't get many T-storms here like in much of the country, but when we do, I unplug my machine and iron. Housing here is also going through the roof. In the past 5 yrs so many new developments have been built within 1/2 mile of us and the first homes were priced about $550K. Now the same homes are starting - STARTING - "in the $700+ range. I don't know how people can afford them. I'm going to sound like my parents when I say I miss the old days when we were surrounded by thick woods. It was so peaceful and quiet.

TINA- Well, if you can't get out and enjoy your trailer yourself, at least you can "play" with it, sort of, by making new curtains. Hope you get some quiet sewing time today.

JANA - I do remember Adam-12 on TV and also that Malloy never let Reed drive. lol! How much longer until Sarah completes her studies? Any more talk of Daniel moving to UT? Aren't you glad your new bedroom set is just hanging out in Illinois instead of in the line of ships waiting to go through the Suez Canal??!

LORI - don't forget to share a photo of the tablerunner! And wood was our first choice when re-doing the stairway. Until we saw the cost. We decided to go with carpet. It should last 6 or 7 years and we'll be ready for new carpet throughout the house by then anyway.

Supper tonite - we have options. It's going to be a busy day but if I cook, it will be bow tie pasta/bacon/brussels sprouts/alfredo/parmesan one pan dish. Kind of like Jana's one pot keilbasa/broccoli/pasta dish. But I may just reheat some chili from the freezer and have it over baked potatoes. We'll see how the day goes.

What are your choices for tonite?

rosebud3

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 29

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:11 am

Good morning, today will be more of the same carried forward from the last few days. Tomorrow is follow up appt. with primary care doc. Will find out if I return to work Thursday or if he will be extending my leave for a couple more weeks. I may not make it here since my appt. is fairly early.

MaryZ, I am working on the wording and placement for the quilt label, but I haven't started stitching yet. I have a winder upper gizmo that I use when the fur babies are cooperating, but when they want to play with the floss I resort to hand winding. I also file mine in plastic bins. I am having trouble getting the numbers to stick to the bobbins though and I don't have a sharpie sharp enough to write the numbers on them. Hopefully they will stay stuck until I can get something that will work.

It's time to check the freezer again to determine what will be for supper. Maybe I can get Charles to pick up some take out so I can just keep working on quilt and label.

Prayers for Chickie and Kathy.

Have a blessed day.

Mary/Rosebud

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:52 am

Good morning!

Quite windy here today. But we are warm!

Not much going on here, just a few uglies and then down to play in the Batt Cave.

Dinner was punted from yesterday to today.

Mary - Sarah still has about 3 semesters of work to do. Most of these classes will be in her major only. It takes a bit longer as it is hard to get many of these classes online. Sarah will still need to travel up to Kaysville to a satellite campus there. About a hour north of us here. Sarah knows the area well, as that ag campus is just around the corner from where my mom lived for many years. This is a hands on plant growing area.

MaryR - have you tried a label maker for your numbers? In the past, I taped the number from the floss to the little card for the floss, but that has been many years ago.

Not much else here,,
Prayers and hugs,
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:31 am

Good early afternoon from a sunny but chilly, SW. Pa....Yesterday was really miserable but today is looking much, much better....I'll probably need to make this quick, my "money guy" is stopping over to tell me what to do with my $1.98......

Mary, You been away and back already and this time, I didn't get to trail along....It's been a hectic couple of weeks but Kathy is back home and I think we're back to normal or as normal as it can be.....Today is the big day for your bathroom flooring, isn't it? This is exciting....I have one of those floss winder thingies but most of my floss is in baggies by numbers, not on the plastic white things, yet...All of Cindy and Sue's floss that I've accumulated was already on the white things and numbered, thank goodness....

As I said, it's been hectic really starting with me getting my shot...Kathy and I had Baby Girl at the groomers and as I'm inside getting her, my car phone rings and it's a neighbor asking if I had my shot...Well, Kathy said no and the gal said, get going, they have extra...Well, we were on the other side of the township, with a crying cat in the back seat and Kathy is taking all the bumpy, back roads to get there on time...Thank goodness, neither the cat or I got car sick...But we did get there and we did have to wait about 45 min. but I got the 1st shot...I honestly did not feel the needle but it did kind of knock me for a loop for about a day....Hopefully, the 2nd will be as easy (without the crying cat and bumpy roads)....But, I did end up staying home and Kathy went to visit the little one and got enough hugs and kisses for both of us....Lena is talking very well and kept telling Kathy, she misses her and loves her, which was music to Kathy's ears.....Having Kathy here is a real joy and I almost called Tim and told him she wasn't coming home but didn't want him to panic, lol.....This past Sat. we had a baby shower/luncheon that was out of this world...Little girl on the way in a month but Mom is so big, I think sooner...Then of course we had to go play cards....So, now to get this month over and start anew, which is hard to believe......
BUT, the big news, the Eagle nest near me has 3 new eaglets...The 1st 2 hatched on the same say, a couple hours apart and the 3rd, 2 days later...They have to be the cutest little things ever, white fluff balls....Mom and Dad are going to really be busy keeping this crew under control.....

As for my dinner, just not sure but might cook some chicken and make chicken salad....They served it at the luncheon and now I need more......

You all have a great rest of the day.....I'll need to come back and check on you all......

Happy eating.......................

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:08 pm

Hello everyone sunny here Been a busy bee 🐝 kind of day
Went to DG Drugstore pick up Mulch stop
Hearing aid check Then back to sports zone
I also made a quick run in for some eggs & produce
Made us pizza & salad Walked then spread mulch Then been on phone about 1 of CAs meds I got it all taken care of
Watered my plants Since I got so many flowers for Birthday I have watering to do
Hope everyone has a great evening
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”