Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 28th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 28th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:35 am

Good morning,

We're home and all resettled. I even got the laundry all finished yesterday and fresh towels, etc back in the trailer, waiting for the next trip. Our new bathroom floor is being laid tomorrow so today is pulling the toilet, painting the last patch of wall behind it, and removing the last bit of old linoleum under it. They are also going to recarpet our stairway tomorrow. It tends to wear our twice as fast as the rest of the carpeting. I've got a bit of a mess going on in my sewing room resettling projects, sorting scraps, etc, so I might be busy in there which is just across the hall from the bathroom so if Bill needs assist, I will be there.

CAROL - glad your sis is improving. All because of a burst appendix? Wow! 25 miles with heavy construction can be an arduous trip. Add in Covid and it's easy to see why you haven't been able to see much of her. Wishing her a speedy recovery now that she is home.

JANA - what a bummer about Sarah's teacher. Is that her attitude just toward the subject she is teaching or is she trying to influence other aspects of Sarah's life? Definitely needs looking into. Of course, as you mentioned AFTER Sarah gets her "A"! Yes, I got my 40 yd roll of 90" batting. It is an 80/20 blend. It should last me about 18 months. What is the name of the shop that moved? And what is it's new name? I remember going to a couple of LQS's there - about 8 or 9 yrs ago? I remember going to your house and Ethan was a baby.

TINA - glad you got a little rain. Hopefully that will help a lot of things there! Are you planning any camping soon in your travel trailer? A few years ago some friends of ours bought a pass to NM state parks for , I want to say, $200 and it was good for months. They could go to any park and camp for nothing or next to it. They made good use of that pass all summer long. Glad your plants are happy. I only have 7 and I really should give a couple of them a final farewell, but I keep trying to keep them alive.

BECCA - thank you for the updates on Kathy and Chickie. I tried to text Kathy but whichever number I was using isn't set up to accept texts. I left an audio message. I was going to call again yesterday, but it was a busy day here and by the time I sat down, it seemed too late on the east coast. I hope she recovers quickly from her pulmonary embolism and can get back on the surgery schedule soon.

LORI - good to hear you're making progress on the JN placemats! I knew you'd conquer them. Did you take a class or are you 'winging it'?

I texted with Chickie yesterday and she did go home from the hospital. It seems after her strokes her kidneys aren't functioning properly so her electrolytes get out of whack. So they treated her with IV's and adjusted her meds, did a few more tests, and her doctors say they aren't giving up on her just yet.

Now on to supper plans - I think leftover tacos. Unless DH eats them for lunch in which case, I guess I'll bump tomorrow's supper up a day - a one dish meal of bowtie pasta with brussels sprouts and bacon in alfredo sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese.

What's your suppler plan?

rosebud3

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 28th

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:53 am

Good morning.

Today will be online church and winding of floss bobbins. My floss order came in Friday. I stopped everything else in order to get the floss prepped for use. I find it much easier when I put it on floss bobbins than if I leave it in skeins.

Prayers for Kathy and Chickie. My heart goes out to both of you...

May God bring comfort to all on this beautiful day.

Mary, it is good to see you have made it home safely, and already set up for your next outting. Are the plants you are trying to keep alive inside or outside plants? Supper here will be leftover spaghetti.

Mary/Rosebud

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:29 am

Hello everyone We have had rain & winds this morning I knew it would be stormy because it is supposed to be 30 tonight We have been being in the 50s
Glad to hear Chickie got Home Same day as Kathy Hope they can both mend & get stronger
Maryz My DGS Keith in NC is the one that his house is taking longer Housing here is at a premium
Glad you are all set for another venture
Rosebud Glad your thread got there
Carol So happy your sister is healing She had a siege of it
Lori Sure you enjoy sitting with your doggies
I was going to sew yesterday but the storm stopped me I did get all the cutting finished Now just to get on with it
Tomorrow I must go for check up on hearing aids Will get more mulch
Denise & Mark are coming this week
We have leftovers. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:14 am

Good morning!
I finished all the cleaning yesterday except windows but I'm just gonna leave them for now because I want to work on those curtains today.
Mary, glad you're home and all ready for your next excursion. No, we're not going anywhere in our trailer Kevin is. He needs it for 2 months because he's covering for another crews truck driver who will be out for 2 months on maternity leave. The state doesn't have that many truck drivers so when they're needed they have to go. I have 29 house plants 🤣😂
Maryrose, yay for your floss arriving! I bet 159 colors will take you awhile to get them on their spools. My fingers would be cramping.
Becca, we had a low of 28° last week but so far 🤞 it's showing a steady climb with no freezing. I'm hoping no freezing because our fruit trees are coming out.
Well since the house is clean I'm going to work on those curtains. I won't get to work on them much during the week with school going on and kids here so I want to get a good start today. He doesn't need the trailer until the 12th so I'm hoping I can get them all finished.
Supper tonight will either be chicken or tacos I'm undecided.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:47 am

Good morning!

Just finished up with Church today. I didn't have to teach, my next time is the week after Easter. I have already started on that lesson.

Dinner - most likely, if I cook, my one pot polska kielbasa tortellini broccoli. It is easy. And if I don't cook today, it will be tomorrow's dinner.

Mary - new floor tomorrow! Yippee! And getting warm enough out on the deck. I opened our windows yesterday for a short time. Still too cold for outside.

Becca - hope that you are on high ground with all that rain! housing construction here too is getting delayed. Not enough skilled tradesman to meet the demand.

Tina - Sarah is redoing the curtains and the cushions in her trailer as well. Guess who gets roped into helping! They are planning to take it out in June, that is when most of the snow is gone in the higher elevations, where they camp.

Aaron is on his last day off before moving to graveyard for a couple of weeks. His trainee is almost finished with Aaron's teaching. We laugh at Aaron - no one drives his work truck - not even the trainee, so Aaron is riding in the trainee's vehicle these last weeks. If you ever watched Adam-12 on TV, it is Malloy and Reed all over again - Mallory never let Reed drive! Right now Aaron's new nickname is Malloy!

Not much going on here. In the Batt Cave at the moment.

Prayers for our Chickie - I remember all the difficulty we had getting Michael's Dad's meds to work right after he had his stroke. If was a trial and error. MaryR too - hope that they will solve the mystery soon! Being sick is no fun!

Time to head upstairs and fix brunch - I am getting hungry!

Hugs, and lots of prayers!
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:59 pm

Becca, my dogs and cat are the highlight of my day. They make me laugh and are good buddies. I was sitting on the patio having coffee this afternoon, and I had Jack and Wrigley at my feet and Molly behind me on the couch. Just hanging out with mama.

Mary, I noticed at out house in Illinois the carpet would wear on the stairs. I think if I ever have another 2 story house, I would do the stairs in a pretty two tone wood.

I finished up my JN placemats last night. I decided to add a sashing between them and make a table runner instead. I really like it. I have the binding and backing cut. Just need to quilt it now. I bought fabrics for another JN quilt, "Summer Solstice." Papers are cut out. Will work on cutting the rest this week.

For dinner we are having leftover Chili.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”