Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper club, Saturday, March 27

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper club, Saturday, March 27

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:21 am

Good morning!

We are going home this morning as soon as we get through our morning routine. First on the list is coffee and chatting with all y’all. Then shower, trash out, dump the tanks, and we will be on our way. We should be home, parked, trailer empty, and laundry going by noon. We have another camping trip for eight nights April 26 through May 4

Tina glad your brother had few side effects. Most people don’t have much problem. But the ones that do are the ones that get the press

Jana, hope you got a whole Lotta work out of that little Ethan yesterday! lol!

Lori, I always liked working nights as well but because they were quieter, not more active! We tried to never referred to it as “graveyard“ in the hospital. 😜. It was quieter, no noisy housekeeping, very few visitors. Though we didn’t have volunteer rockers either which were always a big help on dayshift.

Rosebud, I have used the spray a few times before I got quilting machine . I laid a king size sheet out on the floor and and used that as my work surface. The Sheet caught the overspray. I am trying to wrap my head around Quilting a quilt of that size on your sewing machine. It is even too big for my long arm.

Becca, I received your PM finally this morning. Feel free to text or email me anytime. I can usually answer those messages immediately

Carol, I was glad to hear your sister went home. What an ordeal! Does she live close to you?

Usually I type this with two tabs open and go back-and-forth from yesterday‘s post to my morning post. Can’t do that on my phone. Will be happy to be back to my computer. Hope I didn’t miss anyone

Chickie/Miriam will probably go home from the hospital today. Still waiting for definitive answers.

Supper tonight will probably be tacos. I have the meat already cooked and in the freezer. Were going to have it when camping but supper plans were always changing so we never got around to it. now I have it ready for tonight

auntjana

Re: Supper club, Saturday, March 27

Post by auntjana » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:05 am

Good morning!

My little Ethan was a big help. We got quite a bit done. And so did Sarah. She had a paper to write for the class from hockey sticks! This teacher is horrid and you only get a good grade if you pander to her beliefs, which Sarah will not do. Sarah has many connections in the education field, who have taken notice of what is going on. So as soon as this class is over, there will be actions taken by those. It's a shame that there is no teaching, just indoctrination, no room for other ideas.

Mary - that was a quick trip. Did you get the new roll of batting? I have a partial W&N roll left and have switched over to a custom blend from a national LAer from her shop here.

Dinner - chef salad.

Not much here today. Michael will be gone to a Dr appointment this morning and I will fuss around here - maybe in the Batt Cave.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:58 am

Good morning! I'm barely making it before my noon.
We started cleaning our utility room, dirty dirt and more dirt. My plants even got a shower in the utility room sink with the sprayer, they're happy! We've gotten a little slower twice now in just a few days and it looks like we're fixing to get some more, soooooooo thankful for that! Maybe that will help settle the dirt down and put a little crust on it to help it not blow so much. 🙏
Mary, yay home sweet home! And how nice to have supper almost made after a busy day of unloading your 5er! Sounds perfect to me ❤
Jana, I hope the people that can get rid of that professor will do it. What batting are you using now? I like to support local small hometown as much as possible.
I'm doing laundry and think I'll tackle windows today. One bathroom is done. Dusting will be happening too and vacuuming and mopping. Oh and I'm going to make some curtains for our little travel trailer, I bought the fabric years and years ago when we first got it but it got swallowed up in my sewing room and I forgot about it, now it's been found and measurements took place yesterday. But I just gotta do a deep cleaning in this house first before I feel ok about sewing anything. I'm having Frankie help so it should all be finished and clean today. If I'm lucky I can get to cutting the fabric this evening. 🤞🤞🤞🤞
Supper tonight is going to be spare ribs, potato salad and either a green salad or cole slaw.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:10 am

Hello everyone
We just had a shower but sun is back out I got my walk in Laundry done meds fixed
Talked to Chickie & Kathy
Kathy just got home today from Hospital again She had a blood clot in lung so her surgery is canceled for now
Chickie was hoping to get Home today
I got som weeds pulled & floors done
Jana There are a lot that need to go in the educational field Indoctrination is what most of it is now
Glad Ethan was such a big help
Tina Goodness you need to take a breather
Save some for another day
It does feel so good to get it all cleaned
Maryz Thank you for helping Glad you had a good week
We have banned salad I’ll add creamed potatoes. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:25 pm

Mary, people are funny about words. We used to hate for anyone to say, " It sure is quiet."
As soon as those word got out of someone's mouth, the phones lit up.

Becca, thanks for the update on Kathy. She sure has had a rough go of things lately.

Jana, I had a few professors like that. So frustrating.

Tina, do you every just sit still? You seem to always be busy.

I worked on my JN placemats. I got one top complete. Had a little trouble with a curve in the center, but I figured it out.

For dinner I think we'll have leftovers. There's a couple of options.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:16 pm

I spent the morning cleaning. The time was well spent, the house looks better!

Maryz - My sister lives about 25 miles from me. I haven't measured it and now it has been more than a year. They were (maybe still are) working on the freeway between us. I will see her soon. Yes, she has had a very bad time of it. She still has the wound vac, but the site is about 1/3 the size it was originally.

I spent the afternoon on a Zoom sew-in. We enjoyed ourselves. One of our 85 year old members joined us today for a while. Her daughter is making a quilt for a Birthday gift for her husband's 60th on June 6th. She isn't done with the top and wants it custom quilted. Well you ladies know custom quilting takes time. Hope she gets the top done really soon!

Tonight's dinner was Stuffed Pepper Casserole. It was tasty!
Hope Chickie is doing better and hopefully is going home!
Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”