Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club - Friday, Mar 26

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club - Friday, Mar 26

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:26 am

Good morning,

Well, I dictated my post in a hurry yesterday and didn’t take the time to proof read. Oh my, what a mess I made of it! You guys were probably laughing and scratching your heads all at the same time. Hope to do better today

Jana, glad you are feeling better. Actually, it is wise to get your shot in your dominant arm. Moving that arm helps keep it from getting even more stiff and sore.

Mary Rose, Hope you get your leave extension.

Tina, our vaccine clinics are so huge. Ours were drive-through though there are some that Are walk-in. We were directed to another area to park for 15 minutes with paramedics standing by. You honk your horn if you have an issue and they respond immediately to your car. We were directed to park in such a manner that the first car in line was timed and then after 15 minutes an attendant released the entire line.

Becca, are you ready for your company this weekend?

Chickie Texted that she is back in the hospital. Repetitive vomiting and dizziness. And low BP and out of whack electrolytes. I haven’t heard from her yet this morning.

We are leaving this campground this morning. Only have about 40 minute drive to where we will spend tonight. Going to Bill‘s sisters place for a visit and supper. Have not seen them or their brand new house for 16 months. Her husband is making us chicken enchiladas for dinner. He is such a good cook!

I hope your dinner is as good as I know ours will be!

Now to proofread...,

gershwin64

Re: Supper Club - Friday, Mar 26

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:03 am

Good morning!
Mary, I've seen those long drive by vaccine clinics on tv, that's crazy busy!
My little brother received his vaccine on Wednesday, he didn't feel so good for 2 days but he's glad he was able to get it. Him and his girlfriend were on a list for if people didn't shop up for shots so they didn't have to be thrown away. They got the Pfizer one.
I guess I have today and next Friday with no kids so we're taking stuff to the Helping Hands place here, like good will but just locally owned and they help people in our county.
I have to go get meat today, my freezer is almost empty of meat.
Supper will be something I get at the grocery store LOL
Tina

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:17 am

LOL, Mary I think yesterday was just one of those days. Be careful on the road. Prayers for safe travel, even though it is a short distance. Chicken enchiladas sound soooo good. I'll need to keep that idea at the top of my list for later this week. I found some ground beef in the freezer to thaw, so maybe tacos or spaghetti will be on our table tonight.

I need to go to the store to find some sort of clamps that will fit on the edge of my banquet table to hold the quilt sandwich for spray basting. This is the first time I have tried basting this way, so I watched a bunch of you tube videos day before yesterday to see how it was done. There was one video that showed how to do the basting of a quilt that is larger than the surface you are using which seems like it will work well for me. Wish me luck...

Prayers for Chickie and Kathy that answers will be found, and they will gain strength and healing. Hugs...

May God give peace and comfort to each one here for whatever your need.

Mary/Rosebud

PS
Good morning Tina, Sorry for walking on you.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:33 am

Good morning!

It's so nice to feel like me again! The brain fog and sore arm are gone. I even straightened up my bedroom before coming out to make breakfast. Later this morning I am picking up groceries, almost out of milk. That would be catastrophic! LOL! And a side of Ethan. He is coming to work for Grandma. He wants a digital camera of his own, so is earning money to get it. Also, Sarah has a paper to write and Ethan is a chatter box.

Not much here these days. Looking forward to a little bit more of normal. It will be hard to break some of the habits gained throughout these last months. Some are good, we will keep, others will be not quite so stringent. Getting to pick out my own groceries will be a joy!

Snowed here overnight. Those chicken enchiladas sounded great and I have all needed to make some.

Aaron is off for a couple of extra days, as he switches to a graveyard shift in training his sidekick. This new guy will be on graveyard in the next county and the higher ups want him trained on that shift. When Aaron is done, he will go back to his normal shift.

Take Care, prayers, and hugs
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:17 am

Hello everyone sunny here at 76 Unreal for March Got walk in early
Maryz Have safe travels even if it is close
Enjoy your meal
So sorry to hear about Chickie Praying for her
Tina I’m sure your day will be busy with School & Work
Rosebud I do hope you get your Time off worked out
Jana Ethan can be a big help I’m sure Sawyer on Monday wanted to weed eat so I let him He does it at home
Glad your shot did good
I made burritos Now I must go get leaves out of ditches We had a gully wash yesterday and last nite at least 5 ins of rain
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:20 am

Mary, thanks for the update on Mariam. I sure wish they would figure out what is causing her problems. Sounds like you had a nice time camping. I bet your dinner will be yummy.

Jana, I used to love working graves. Things were always more interesting at night. I would always say, "nothing good happens after midnight," to my trainees. They'd get that big wide eyed stare and be afraid. lol

Maryrose, I use large binder clips when I spray baste my quilts. I saw someone use them once, and they work really well. Easy on and off too.

Becca, Holy Cow! 5 inches of rain is a lot in one day. Our annual total is barely about 6 right now. We are definitely heading towards drought conditions.

I've been busy the past few days cleaning and whatnot. Dogs even got a bath on Wednesday. I worked on a design for a summer porch quilt I want to make. Now to pull some fabrics. I'm sure I have plenty.

For dinner is Chicken tortilla soup. I cooked the chicken early this morning so I could get everything in the crockpot by 1000. It's easy and delicious. I very the recipe just a bit.

Have a lovely day.I

Lori 8-)

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:27 pm

Thanks Lori, I picked up two packs of the large binder clips at staples (total 16), I had a bill to pay that required me to drive 13 miles to the next town over, so I stopped at a few different stores that were along the route. None of them had anything that would work. When I got home, I checked to see if they would fit on my table. Yay! They work. I will therefore be basting the quilt in a bit, after I finish some of my paperwork. Oh, while I was at Staples I picked up some binder sleeves to help corral some of my smaller, leaflet type patterns. This should make it easier to find them as well.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”