Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Thursday mar 25

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Thursday mar 25

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:28 am

Good morning

We have rain and breezy again but it should clear up come daylight and this afternoon should be sunny. We plan to take a run down the coast a few miles to the tiny town of Tokeland. We may have lunch there. And I really want to get out to the beach, too. We drove to the beach yesterday but weather was so bad we didn’t get out of the truck. Today is our last day here. We leave early tomorrow morning and will go about 30 miles inland and spend one more night visiting bills sister before going home Saturday morning.

Yesterday was rainy so I did some sewing and then we went for a ride into Westport just north of us. This time of year not much is open but we always enjoy driving through the town anyway

Jana, glad you got that second shot. If you bite me, now I won’t worry

Becca, I had The same thing for 25 years end it changed names several times and she kept getting bought out. The last time they resurrected my first husband, dispensed with my second husband‘s name, and did away with my brother whose name was also on the account. When I married they offered him a free life insurance policy instead of household. But they would never offer it to me because I was a woman, never mind I owned my own Home, worked full-time, and was raising three kids. That was when I finally packed up my tent and moved to another bank.

Tina, glad that Frankie didn’t have any reaction to his shot. Here, if anyone had allergies they had to wait 30 minutes before they were released after getting the shot. Paramedics always standing by. The rest of us just waited 15 minutes before leaving

Mary Rose, how did your appointment go yesterday. Fingers crossed you heard things you wanted to hear

This morning I think I have time for a little more sewing. When the weather lets up we will get out to do some walking people are taking our drive. Not sure about supper. Maybe if we eat a late lunch in Tokeland that will count. I was planning to make a one pan dish of bowtie pasta w/ brussels sprouts, bacon, alfredo sauce and parm cheese - all the things our friend isn’t eating right now. So maybe I will make that for us or maybe not...

Becca

Re: Supper Club. Thursday mar 25

Post by Becca » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:44 am

Hello everyone rainy here
I got lots done yesterday and had planned to wash the car but I just got the inside cleaned due to rain Maybe tomorrow
I hope to start cutting sashing for my quilt
Maryz My issue was resolved easy & I got my money refunded to me So all’s well
Guess it pays to speak up which I can do
Hope you get to the Beach
Rosebud Sure hope you get it all resolved so you don’t have to worry over details
That doesn’t help healing
I got some spaghetti sauce out of freezer so I will add a salad. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:00 am

Good morning!
Mary, sounds like you're having a relaxing time at the ocean and surrounding little towns.
Here they tell you to hang around for 15 minutes but if you start to have a reaction then you have to call 911 crazy! We usually hang for 5 minutes but then drive over closer to the hospital. Our town is small but by the time 911 is called and an ambulance called and arrives you could be already at the historical receiving help.
Becca, God was nice enough to send us rain yesterday and it rinsed off all our vehicles. I hope he sends us more today. 🙏
Tonight is Dad's turn for supper, I'm leaning towards either tacos or enchiladas.
Tina

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:53 am

Well my goodness I had a message all typed out, thought it posted. but poof, away it went. Oh well, here is a brief summary:
Appointment didn't clarify anything
Set up a camera scan of small bowel/middle intestines for 4/16/21
need to contact HR services to see about extending LOA until after this procedure has been completed
continuing to work on Alexis' wedding quilt in the meantime
need to check freezer to see what I want to defrost for supper

Have a blessed day

Mary/Rosebud

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:02 am

Good mor-noon,

You see it is just a minute before noon, so I decided to create a new word.

I am doing much better , even since this early morning. Not quite so foggy brained. I may even claim responsibility for this post! LOL. The worst thing that hurts is the injection site. I was able to wipe off my counters, with a few extra ouches thrown in.

Dinner - I will cook tonight, something very easy - may pull out a soup from the freezer or a simple cube steak with a salad. We will see later this afternoon.

Need to stop typing, my shot was in my left arm, I am left handed, oh so my mistake, and it hurts to move that arm.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”