Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Wed, March 24

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Wed, March 24

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:33 am

Good morning! We are having a rainy and windy day here at the beach. But cant complain. Yesterday was nice and tomorrow should be, too.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! Its good to have such special friends as you all!

Jana, I forgot yesterday was your Sandee’s birthday too. Happy belated wishes to her.

Since I am working with only my phone this will be short and sweet.

Supper is an unknown here. I have several things I could make and brought recipes and all the ingredients. it’s just deciding what to have. We didn’t know when planning meals for this trip that Tex has taken himself off all gluten and dairy. Well that nixes almost everything we brought so Bill suggested just having grilled cheese & tomato soup for ourselves. Or going back to the winery for a late lunch in their restaurant and calling that supper. I think our plan is to just let the day play out and see what happens.

So- whats Happening in your kitchen tonight

gershwin64

Re: Supper Club. Wed, March 24

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:38 am

Good morning!
We're all overcast today, I hope we get your rain Mary!
Mary, how was your birthday cake? Was it gluten and dairy free? 🤔 I guess you could each make your own foods and then just eat together?
Today Frankie gets his first vaccine, it's the moderna. I decided we'll just grab something in town for supper so we're close to the hospital in case he has a reaction. Hopefully he'll be just as good as I was.
Just school and cleaning going on here.... maybe some sewing. 🤞
Tina

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:48 am

Good morning, We got snow this morning...

I got the insert for my backing together yesterday. Today I will split the backing material so I can put it in.

I have my appointment at the gastroenterology office in about 45 minutes, so everything else is on hold until I get back home.

I think supper will be stroganoff and french bread. I will decide a veggie later.

Mary/Rosebud

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:49 am

Good morning!

Bright and sunny. No snow predicted for today. But is for tomorrow. In a short time, we leave for my second shot.

Not much happening here. Michael will be the chef tonight , so I have no idea what will appear. His specialty is chicken noodle soup, from a packet.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:53 am

Hello everyone partly cloudy Almost 70
Got lots done this morning And got my walk in
Took care of a banking issue We have new owners now I got it resolved quickly Changed names but most of same workers that’s been there a long time
Got my books from library too & Beths bread Her Bakery was swamped when I got there
We have leftovers Today is last day so will be new tomorrow.
Jana sure hope the shot is painless and no side affects
Rosebud You are making strides on your quilt
Tina I hope the dust is gone
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:29 pm

Watch out, I am good to bite people! That's a Judi phrase after she got her second shot.

On April 7th, look out quilt shop, here I come! That's when my 2 week waiting period is over.

Some people call it cabin fever, others, trunky, sailors call it channel fever - whatever, I have had enough of being stuck at home and am so looking forward to being out again! Still safely, but with less worry.

Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:38 pm

I'm back!
I'm with you Jana! We won't be able to go out until about May 8th, that'll be 2 weeks after Frankie's 2nd one. I should be good April 15th. I'll still wear a mask and of coarse wash and that but I'm hoping to feel less stress about going places. I did go into 2 quilt shops to do pick up at the counter but they were only allowing 1 customer in at a time, you had to make appointments or do curbside.
Frankie did good, no side affects and he never even felt getting it. I worry about him, he's not good about staying 6' away from people. He seems to think that because he knows them they should be safe 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️ I mostly just keep him home though.
We got food and brought it home, blah not very good that way but we ate it. I didn't have to cook at least.
We got some much needed rain, even hailed! We didn't get much but I'm glad for any. I'm hoping we'll get more 🙏
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”