Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper club Tuesday, March 23

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper club Tuesday, March 23

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:27 am

Good morning

Camped at the ocean. Had a pretty good day yesterday, weatherwise. Mostly blue skies, 48°, slight breeze. You can’t ask for better than that this time of year. We tried to walk to the beach yesterday afternoon but all five trails were flooded. Looks like we will have to take the truck and drive out of the park and find a beach access road if we want to feel sand between our toes.

Our friends arrived about 2:45 yesterday. We took supper to their trailer because it is a lot roomier – 40 feet. Not sure what our plan will be today. There is a very nice winery about 10 miles away. They taste good wines, have a restaurant, nice gift shop, and beautiful gardens that they expand every year. So I would like to go there if my hubby agrees. And I think he will.

Irish, nice to see you! I always feel like a tornado has blown through when I hear about your time with Kathy! Lol! Glad to hear you are warming up.

Tina, sorry it’s so hard to breathe again. Sounds like you are a “double your fun” kind of family. I never realized Holly was a twin. When I was working our unit secretary, “ Ruby”, told me she was a twin but her twin died at birth. I asked her what her twin’s name was and she looked at me blankly for a bit and finally answered that it had never occurred to her to ask her parents. I saw her again a few weeks later and she hugged me and said she now knew her twins name and it made her feel more connected to her sister. I was just being curious and turns out I did a good deed!

Becca, what did you do yesterday for your birthday? You probably relaxed after your busy weekend

Mary Rose. Well, I want you to feel good enough to be able to go to work but bad enough to not have to go back yet. So I’m not sure what to wish for! I like your idea of the backing for your quilt.

Carol, happy birthday to your hubby too! ‘tis the season!

Jana, I hope they give Aaron a day off to get over the close call. I would still be shaking.

Supper tonight will be at our friends and they say they are making corn beef and cabbage and potatoes. And she was thrilled to tell me she brought a cake for my birthday. So I will just keep quiet about the cake I brought and leave it in the freezer.

It is Foxy‘s birthday too. He is seven years old. Seems he was just a kitten and joining our family. He will get extra treats today.

What will your treats be today?

gershwin64

Re: Supper club Tuesday, March 23

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:24 am

Good morning!
Happy happy birthday Mary!!! 🎉🥳🎂 I'd secretly thaw that cake and keep it a quiet celebration in your 5er! I hope you have the best day!
I had a rough night, legs were really hurting so I didn't get much sleep.
Today will be more wind and dirt and kids and school.
Tonight is dad's night for supper so I need to see what I've got.
Kids are here. Have a great day! Let's all have cake for Mary!
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:39 am

Happy Birthday Maryz! We have cake today so will celebrate your birthday today!

We had a great dinner last evening. Bought a package of baking potatoes yesterday. When I was ready to put them in the oven I noticed they were just starting to go to seed so I baked all four potatoes. Tonight we will have those potatoes plus chicken for dinner.

Today I have a dental cleaning appointment. Afterwards I need to weed and then hopefully will have sewing time. I want to call my sister today because she went home yesterday from rehab. She is so much better, but still has a wound vac.

Have a great day!

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:56 am

Happy birthday Mary and Foxy. I'm with you Mary. I think we should be wishing for final clarification as to what the will be doing so we are not in the dark. Hope you find the beach where you can get your feet in the sand.

Tina, so sorry you were having the leg cramps last night. I know it is going to be a busy day with all you have on your plate, but please try to take it easy. Maybe we will get a chance to talk later.

Supper last night ended up being the last of the chicken, so tonight will be something made from the leftover roast.

Now it's time to fire up the production line and get busy on the backing for the wedding quilt. Making a planned, pieced backing is a new process for me, so hopefully it will turn out the way I envision it.

Have a blessed day.

Mary/Rosebud

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:21 am

Hello everyone sunny here now
Seems I have been on a merry go round & couldn’t get off It’s been non stop for 3 days
Happy Birthday Maryz Hope it’s a very special day for you Enjoy your cake your friend made
Thank you for all the Birthday wishes & messages It was a wonderful day filled with FaceTimes visits Flowers food & gifts
My Porch will be beautiful this spring
I got 4 hanging baskets & potted plants too
My cleaning lady gave me a gorgeous bouquet from florist
I sure felt loved
Tina I ask sorry about your legs but not surprised Hope you get a break & that dust goes away
Mary rose I am happy you got one problem solved but hope they get everything taken care of That quilt will be a stunner for sure
Carol Thank you for my wishes & Happy Late Birthday to your DH
Jana Aaron’s life is never dull for sure So glad he wasn’t hurt
You will be gray for sure
Chickie thinking of you and praying too Hugs for you
We have a ton of food All kinds Roast beef chicken n dumplings green beans creamed potatoes I’m going to have to freeze some And enough sweet to feed an Army Bethany brought me a box of my favorite ginger cookies she makes
Have a great day everyone Becca
Denise is coming next week so the Birthday isn’t over yet
Irish You sound like a whirlwind blowing by I know you do enjoy all your family and friends It’s great to have them

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:43 am

Mary, have a super fantastic day. Two cakes is wonderful. The more cake the better.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:27 am

Good afternoon!

Happy Birthday Mary! Have a blast! In honor of your special day, I will not misbehave and have banned food for dinner!

It is a quiet day around here - I am in the Batt Cave fussing around, making more messes than cleaning it up. I need to label where I put things, I have too much storage room and can't remember where I have put something in a new space. LOL!

Well, Lila was at it again. She was at Sarah's house and got into the bathroom and found the stash of extra toilet paper rolls under the sink. The bathroom is at the end of a hallway, so it was like a bowling alley to Lila. She was rolling the roll of TP down the hall, getting it and turning around and rolling it back toward the bathroom. She had several rolls undone that way, until Joseph found her. Lila then decided that she needed to clean up the mess and started to the trash can in the kitchen. Joseph stopped her and then he and Lila re-rolled up all that paper. Joseph is a very laid backed, easy going guy, so he didn't keep a close eye on Lila - something you must do with that little girl!

Well, Sarah is on her way over with Crenda - I have been enlisted in helping blow up balloons and decorate Sandee's front porch - it is her BD too. Sandee is at work - her school, since she has had her shots. Sounds like she is vaccinated for rabies! LOL!

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Not too bad - blew up 4 bags of balloons to make a balloon arch and blow up letters spelling Happy Birthday. Only popped one letter and one balloon, using the air compressor. By the time all the letters were inflated, I had figured out how to do it! LOL - isn't that always the way! Sarah, Crenda and Ethan are hanging it all on Sandee's front porch. She always parks in the driveway, so she will see it as she drives up to the end of the street, where our houses are. We are directly across from each other. Sarah also found a really cute apron for a gift - good day at Hobby Lobby! We would have made a cake for Sandee, but she is allegeric to so many things, this is safe!

Return to “Chit Chat”