Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Feb 14, Valentine's Day

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Feb 14, Valentine's Day

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:47 am

Good morning and happy Valentine's Day!

It's also our 29th anniversary. We have rezzies at the Italian restaurant downtown about a mile away, our first restaurant meal in almost a year. But it's looking like we may have to cancel. We ended up with 13" of snow. I hope you liked the photos I shared here yesterday. We had to dig a trail for Scottie to get into the woods. Foxy is making do with the protected flowerbeds under the eaves. We're to get snow most of today, too, but turning to rain about 3pm today. Will be a mess for a few days.

My ear hurts less, but the problem is still there and my hearing in that ear is decreased this morning. I need to see my doc but you know how it goes - these things always seem to happen over snowy weekends during pandemics.

In sewing news, I have 43 log cabins done and the last 13 are half-done. I will be able to start putting them together today. Hooray! This quilt is 48 by 64 if I stick with the directions but Bill wants me to make it longer because HE likes longer quilts for naps. So I'm adding extra which will make it 48x80. But I think at that length it should be wider, too, I may add a piano key border on the sides only. We'll see how things go when I start assembling.

TINA - your days are always so filled! That was such a valuable class, you described. I think my kids had something like that in high school. They graduated in 90, 93, and 95 so it's been a while. I don't think that I did, but my parents taught me that kind of thing.

BECCA - I love that your grands are learning older skills. I did, too, as a kid. Mom taught me to knit, crochet, and embroider. I've taught myself other things. But I've lost knitting and just can't seem to pick it up again. The same with pinochle! lol! Though friends have tried to teach me - both knitting and pinochle.

I am fully expecting to have to cancel our dinner reservations for tonite. If that happens, I have extra red pasta sauce in the fridge so I'll make chicken parmesan for us at home. My only problem is we have no parmesan cheese, so I'll have to make do with mozzarella. And a crisp green salad.

What's happening on your plate tonite?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Feb 14, Valentine's Day

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:51 am

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!
Maryz - Happy Anniversary to you and Bill!
Jana - Happy Birthday to you and Sarah!

Dinner tonight will be steak and baked potato. We thought of ordering take out, but it is at least 10 miles away and we think we would have to reheat when we got home. We don't think it is worth doing.

The Quilt Show Zoom meetings have done very well. We have gotten lots of positive feedback. The show is very beautiful with a variety of beautiful quilts. It really gets you into the mood of quilting when you see other people's work. One more Zoom for the Quilt Show today to draw the name for the Opportunity Quilt.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:09 am

Good morning!

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Anniversary Mary and Bill! 29 is quite an achievement! Many more to come!

Mary - I was going to tease you about the snow. You do have a big truck and the fancy version of my Highlander that does handle quite well in the snow, but that was until I told Michael of how much snow you have. Then he proceeded to teach me, that much snow is taller than the tires, then if you did get out, spin the tire once and you could get stuck, and the chances you carry chains or a snow shovel are slim, so it is best to stay home. Aaron is about a 17 hour drive to come rescue you. Enjoy your chicken parm with mozzarella, it works too.

Carol - happy to hear the quilt show went so well. It is a great time with all the technology we have at our fingertips to do and share during this rotten virus!

Church starts in a bit, then I teach. My lesson has notes all scribbled everywhere on my papers. I usually have more prepared than I have time, for a just in case. Each time I teach, we hang a quilt for a backdrop behind me. This month I think, with all the snow that fell, it will be my Snowpeople quilt. Won't be too many more months and I will be out of new quilts, Humm, better get busy and make more! LOL!

The desk is moved and settled in its old, new home. Michael had his office in this bedroom, in the front of the house before. We turned the desk on a different angle and it works very well, so I can even get the cot for Karlie to sleep on in there. You would be surprised at how much stuff I can fit into a small space, even with a grouchy husband! LOL! He kept trying to tell me it would not work, but it did and does. He is even beginning to like the arrangement. I have his huge desk, a small loveseat, and a long dresser that holds the printers, in that space. You can walk around easily and have visitors in there with a chair or two to see the computer monitor. You can even still open the closet door, albeit only one of the two doors. What is in that closet is Christmas decorations, only needed once a year, and the loveseat slides out of the way. I think this bedroom, the smallest is about 10x11. I did good! And oh, the openness of my master bedroom is great! Now if that darn new bed would hurry up and get here!

Dinner - we are heading down to Matt's for dinner with the whole family. It was Emma's baptism yesterday, and we are celebrating February birthdays. Sarah and mine, yesterday, Gracie and Baden share the same birthday on the 17th and Joseph's is the 21st. Dinner will be our version of a local restaurant's Utah Mexican salad, called Cafe Rio salad. Lettuce, spiced, shredded pork, salsa, avocado, tomatoes, crunchy tortilla strips, beans, cilantro lime rice, all topped with a cilantro tomatillo ranch dressing. Oh, served in a crunchy tortilla bowl. However and whatever you want in the salad. Dessert is something chocolate and or cheesecake. The girls are doing all the cooking, I just show up.

Take care, stay safe,
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:50 am

Happy Valentines to everyone
Happy Birthday to Jana & Sarah
Happy Anniversary to Maryz & Bill

Hello everyone cloudy here & fog Seems like a broken record
Maryz Please see a Dr or UC Hearing loss is no fun
Enjoy your snow Keith told us how much they had in Hoodsport
I would stay home too
Jana Hope you had a Happy Birthday & a great Picnic Glad the room is all set now

Carol Your show must have been a success
I love quilt shows especially if it’s in a garden setting
It’s been Church & I made dinner for us I give my Valentine a box of candy which he loves I fixed potatoes & country style steak. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:10 pm

Hi everyone!
Happy Valentine's day to each and every one of you and yours ❤❤
Happy Anniversary to Bill and Mary 🍾🥂⚘❤
Happy Birthday to Jana and Sarah 🎉🥳🎂

Mary, you're in Narnia, so cool! I think they should bring that class back too, lots of kids aren't being taught at home by parents because some parents flat out don't care.
Jana, your birthday supper sounds so super fun! And no cooking! Gosh I wish you lived closer, I need your organizational skills to help me with my closet, it's emptied out now! What a mess I have! 😱😢🤞
Becca, we had a blizzard this morning!
Carol, that's so awesome they did your quilt show on zoom! We don't enjoy takeout for that reason, I prefer hot food plus not having to clean up afterwards.
Kevin was called out to go use the snowplow, the crew of 16 that does that has 14 out with covid.
I'm making pizzas for lunch. For supper it'll be chicken alfredo and salad and maybe garlic bread, Jazmyne is here and that's her favorite so she's staying the night again.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:48 pm

Mary, Happy Anniversary to you and Bill. With many more years of wedded bliss to come.
Sounds like you got quite a bit of snow. You can always go out another time.

Jana, happy belated birthday to you and Sarah. Did you do anything fun? What quilt shops did you get to shop at with a birthday discount?

Becca, candy is always a good choice.

I got swap blocks back from my guild yesterday. It was called "Starry Night." I put them together yesterday. If I put them in a box, they would be there for a while. So the top is done. Yay!

For dinner I think Spaghetti and garlic bread.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”