Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Feb 13th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Feb 13th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:34 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JANA!! And to your Sarah. I hope your whole weekend is whatever it takes to make all your birthday wishes come true - including getting that desk moved! lol! Is your winter picnic you mentioned to celebrate? We'll be sending you the snow as soon as we're done with it!

We are 24* this morning and an hour ago I measured 6" of snow on our deck and it's still coming down. But Bill thinks there's lots more out in the open yard. Scottie is NOT happy. He can't find a suitable place for a dog to potty! :lol: But I'm sure he'll be out playing and snapping at the flakes later today. I'll probably be staying inside with my earache and watching from the windows. Most likely my sewing room window. I have 30 log cabin blocks finished, 15 under construction and 15 left to start. Bill has my reindeer quilt done so now I need to do a binding, too. I think he will probably load my Christmas swap quilt from last summer next. He'll use the same pattern, (snowflakes) and thread (white) so it's logical to bump it up in the quilting queue.

TINA - I'm sure Frankie has lots to say about "WHN"! lol! Even I do! We just lost a state trooper, too. Though he was much older (51) and it wasn't in the line of duty. But still heartbreaking. I feel so badly for the family of yours. Glad your Joanns is now carrying wide back flannel! When I think of junky stores, I think of obviously dirty floors with dirt in the corners, display counters moved around and dirty areas left exposed, as well as messy displays. A bathroom is a good place to judge any store or restaurant. I was in one Joanns in Texas 2 yrs ago that left me feeling icky!

BECCA - chocolate chip are my favortie cookies and adding oatmeal only makes them better! If I weren't snowed in here, you'd be seeing me on your doorstep, hands out and mouth open!

LORI - I'm picturing a wet golden in the house. lol! Maybe I don't want one quite as badly as I thought . . . though we have a sheltie - just as much hair, but more compact.

We ended up with spaghetti last night and it was delicious. Maybe it's the weather, but we are both in a soup mood for tonite. Not sure yet what kind. will check the pantry and fridge for ingredients and get back to you on that. Maybe bean and kielbasa slices. . . .

purrfect-lady

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Feb 13th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:43 am

This is the view outside my sewing room window and looking down our driveway this morning. About 7 inches of snow so far and still falling. And below is the same view two days ago

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:21 am

Hello everyone rainy here & fog
Maryz What a different view you have Snow is beautiful
Do hope you get help with the earache I have had-so many That’s why I lost my hearing
Know those quilts will be beautiful

Lori Nothing smells quite like a wet dog lol

We had a time getting our FaceTime this morning Our phone had been messed up for a week CA got on this morning with technical help Hope it helps I got my laundry done Still have meds to goIm watching a ballgame First time this year
Not my favorite teams
I am doing hand work so not much watching lol
I am heating some meatloaf Will add a veggie. Becca
One of our grands was on this morning with her Dad She was telling me she attends a cooking class Both of the oldest crochets & they knit & sew Quite unusual for kids now But they don’t do tv or videos

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:41 am

Becca that is great that they are learning old traditional skills. I hate to see the arts lost

We still have heavy snow falling. Just now climbed 230°. We took a short walk around some of our property we have 13 inches. I know it snarls some peoples lives, but I sure love it!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:10 pm

Hi everyone!
We left the house at 8:30am and back home at 5pm, I'm a lot tired LOL
We went to pick up 2 orders I had done online and on the phone at 2 different quilt shops in Cruces, one is a new one! Wow do they have some beautiful fabrics! We also took the Christmas presents to Kevin, Maria and Matthew and had lunch with them and I got to actually meet Iris, she's our new grand doggy, she's a Dobie puppy and sooooo sweet ❤❤
Mary, I've been in some of those stores that leave you feeling icky, yucky yucky. Seems like I don't feel clean again until I take a shower and change my clothes. I'm weird LOL
Your snow scenery is beautiful! A true winter Wonderland ❄
Becca, I'm gonna have to start doing facetime with Matthew, I sure don't like only getting to see him every couple of months, he grows so fast! We were just telling Jazmyne that they used to have a class in our high school that taught balancing a check book, paying bills, filling out resumes, basics to know to file taxes, to me it was the best and most practical class.... they should bring it back! I'd love to learn knitting and get better at crocheting ❤
I'm making quick burritos for supper. Frankie and Jazmyne took Dad his so he didn't have to come out in the dark, he doesn't see well at night.
You all have a great evening!
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”