Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Jan 31st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Jan 31st

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:24 am

Good morning,

Sunday again already. The days and weeks go by so quickly. And so do the years. Yesterday would have been my 50th wedding anniversary.

We are to be 45* and rainy off and on today. And for the foreseeable future, it appears. All I did was paper piece stuff yesterday. I finished 7 more sections of FG. Each section is 3-1/2" x 9-1/2" when finished and has 9 squatty-shaped geese. That's 27 pieces in each section. Took me all day to make those 7 sections. I tear papers off during evening TV time. I have 12 done now and 12 more to go. Then I can start on my 3-1/2" 9-patches. A great pattern for using up scraps, for sure! Another thing I worked on the last 2TV evenings is frogging out a large portion of my cross-stitch project. Arghhh!! I accidentally overlooked part of my pattern and so the next part was way off. Sometimes when I do this I can sort of "work it out" but not this time. But now it's done and I've started re-stitching it.

TINA - I love that quilt! How big are the squares? 2-1/2"? Like Lori said, sometimes I forget the beautiful things you can make just using simple squares. And I have an entire tote, double shoebox-sized, full of squares! Now I'm thinking . . . . Any update on Mary Rose?

LORI - I checked out your quilts. I really liked them both, but your Emma's Garden was rather on the spectacular side! Our sewing rooms are almost identical in size. But no loveseat in mine! I have 2 floor-to-ceiling cabinets and two 34" shelving units all full of fabric. A work table, a cutting table (only one side is flipped up at the moment), and the farm table turned sewing table (Bill cut a hole and we dropped my machine into it). Plus an ironing board, a small bookshelf, and a smaller shelving unit (was my parents and has 14" square footprint) that holds containers of thread and my i-pad for audio books. My work table is a small library table that my dad used for his desk for decades. I suspect it might have been his parents but I don't know for sure. And one of my large shelving units was also my parents'. They bring good energy to my room. And I still have room for Scottie and Foxy, but nobody else! lol!

I'm still contemplating supper for tonite. Maybe a homemade pizza. I might use white sauce instead of regular pizza sauce and chicken instead of pepperoni. And a salad.

What ideas are rolling around your plate for tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Jan 31st

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:50 am

Good morning!
We had a really nice visit with Frankie's sister yesterday ❤ her name is Mary and she's a quilter too. She did ask us inside and wanted to show me all of her quilts, she does beautiful work. We still social distanced and such even though she says she doesn't go anywhere.
Mary, yes it's just 2 1/2" squares. You can go as big or small as you want with it, so you could use up bunches of your squares 😊
Sounds like you're really using up scraps on your Get Together quilt, it's gonna be gorgeous! Are you getting easier at the paper piecing part?
I'm going to be sewing mine together today. I didn't sew yesterday because it exhausts me to go anywhere, it just stresses me out. I wonder if I'll ever get back to normal.....
Jana, your bat cave is totally awesome!
Lori, your quilts are so so pretty!
I was going to see how Maryrose was yesterday when we got home but I fell asleep for an hour and then it was time to fix supper and then Frankie had a migraine and so I ended up not. But I'm going to today, I'll let you all know.
We didn't have spaghetti last night, just a burger patty on the grill and a salad. I'm not sure if I'll fix the spaghetti tonight, maybe...
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:35 am

Hello everyone We have fog There is ice & snow all around us We only got drizzle
Levi & Taylor finally found them a house to buy Its about 5 miles from us & close to His work I’m so happy for them They move April They wanted ours but Papaw doesn’t want to move I would have sold

Mary I have never tried pP I read up on it But never tried it I think it would be beautiful with sharp edges
Tina I hope you hear from Rosebud
Glad you had a nice visit with your SIL
I made burgers Made me a salad
Hope everyone has a wonderful day Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:13 am

Mary, sounds like you utilize your space well. My loveseat is also a pull out twin bed.
We have used it quite a bit over the years. Seems when people come to visit, we need the guest room and the sewing room to accommodate. We live 12 mile from Disneyland, and Knott's Berry Farm, so it's a good location for family to stay. Nice that you have things with good memories.

Tina, sure hope you get to see Maryrose today. Hope she is feeling better.

Becca, it will be nice to have them close by. I would sell my house in a second, but DH doesn't want to move. The house across the street had an offer within 4 days of going on the market. We live in a very desirable area.

Well the boys have been walked and are fast asleep. I need to vacuum and see what I can get into.

Dinner will be chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy and broccoli.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:29 pm

Good afternoon!

Church is over and sitting down eating our brunch. We will be full, so no dinner tonight. Maybe a small snack later tonight.

You've ask my space size - it's about 14 x 14, to the front of the island cabinets. Then there is a area in front of the island that we call the family area, and it's about the same size. It is a very long rectangle , divided into 4 sections. My LA is at the opposite end of my sewing area and is about that same size as well. Sandwiched in between is Michael 's desk and work bench. My two freezers are by his desk. All this area is about 1/3 of my total basement, the rest of the basement space is the model railroad. I have 2071 square feet in the entire basement, which the main floor, upstairs, is the same size as well. The space in the basement is very much open concept, only two walls . The shape is very much like a "H" in shape. We love it!

Well my plans to work down stairs, was waylaid by cleaning out a file cabinet in my bedroom. It needs to be moved to paint.

Sorting is calling, and the great dust war is beginning!

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”