Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Jan 28

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Jan 28

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:33 am

Good morning,

we are 39* and raining but I'm hoping the skies will clear a bit by walk-time. It was just too nasty yesterday to walk. Scottie's coat would have gotten all wet.

I spent a lot of my day yesterday in the kitchen and a bit of my day sorting, ironing, cutting CW fabric for my Get Together quilt. Today, since laundry is done, house is clean, and supper is in the fridge, I'll be in my sewing room for sure!

JANA - I could have sworn you said you'd like to make a Fire Island for each of your kids. Maybe you ended the sentence with "NOT!" lol! I hope both your boys are doing OK after busy days yesterday. What is Daniel's day job? I thought he worked with a rice farmer . . . But maybe I dreamed that, too.

LORI - glad the house sale is done. Two payments is a LOT! A lifetime and one crazy husband ago my older sister lived in Niwot CO and had a house in Denver empty and for sale for two years before it finally sold. Those were lean years! And I forgot - Bill can make grilled cheese and tomato soup, too. He shines at that!

IRISH - I hope you're feeling better today. Cats are good comfort companions. Your little eaglets sound like regular siblings! lol! I can't believe PA doesn't have vaccine clinics somewhere. We have many starting all over our state this week. Have you checked your county health website?

BECCA - A new baby!! Who are the lucky parents? Have you thought about what quilt you might make? Sewing for babies is the best sewing of all!

We're having leftover lasagna for supper. There is enough for two meals so I'm going to freeze half of it. Someday I might learn to make smaller lasagnas but probably not!

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Jan 28

Post by Becca » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:40 am

Hello everyone sunny here now at 31
I got my soup on early It’s enough to feed an Army I will freeze some
Maryz The parents are our oldest Grandson
He married last winter
They love dogs so it may have dogs on quilt I will wait to see what it is & her colors I am thinking about maybe a panel if I can find a cute one that is suitable
They both love the outdoors
Yes we are excited this will make 23 Great Grands and it brings our family count to 50
Incredible What a blessing they are to us
Carole I pray your Lisa will be ok
Guess there will be no walking today
Have a great day to all our soup is Veggie Beef
Beths bread will make it better

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:28 am

Good morning!

We are gray, windy, and sometimes its falling snow, then a minute later, falling rain. Right in that in between warmth, too warm to snow, too cold to rain.

Not much here. Handyman will be here to finish up the underpinnings on the island.. Top is tomorrow. Emma's dress is a tad too big, so I will take it in and trim off the excess for the hem. Making a grocery run pick up. Getting our favorite treat. It's It's ice cream sandwiches. We always could get them in California. They were made in the Bay Area. Costco carried them one summer, but stopped. Now I found them at a local grocery store and showed Sarah. She ran out the door and bought a bunch, then posted the purchase on our family channel. Matt saw it, and jumped in his truck and got some too. Mine are coming with my grocery order this morning. Two oatmeal cookies, vanilla ice cream, all dipped and covered in chocolate! If you are really lucky, you find the mint ice cream ones. Got both flavors. The kids were told that if they went to the store near me and bought the stock out, before I got mine, they would be disinherited! They went to the other stores. We have even thought about ordering from the manufacturer and having them shipped, but shipping was outrageous! We are very happy to have them locally.

Dinner - just may be a It's It's! LOL! I have leftover macaroni salad and will probably add a piece of chicken.

My handyman just got here, so I need to run,

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:37 am

Jana, I've had those before. They are good. My favorite is drumsticks. I don't buy them very often, because I will eat them. My jeans are a little tight in the waistline, so I need to cut back a bit.

Becca, Wow...23 Great Grands!

Mary, that's going to be a pretty quilt. I like CW fabrics. I have a small collection, because I used them on my snowball quilt a few years back. The maintenance on the house is what is costly. Seems like something goes wrong here, and then there at the same time. I would like to buy another property. Maybe Idaho. We'll see.

Irish, hope you are feeling better today. I'm sure Kitty loves snuggle time though.

They boys have been walked. DH is playing golf, so now I need to get busy. I tried to finish up the binding on my quilt, buy Molly laid down in the middle as I was sewing and I didn't want to disturb her. She has never been a quilt kitty, buy maybe she'll change now that Emma is gone. They didn't get along.

For dinner I'm going to make chicken noodle soup. I made extra chicken yesterday, so I just need to dice the veggies and onion and get it going.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:43 am

Hi, I'm just zooming through but wanted to ask for prayers for Maryrose, she's having her procedures today.
Tina
I'll be back as soon as I can.

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:38 pm

Good afternoon from another cold, "snow flaky" day in SW. Pa....Mother Nature can't make up her mind whether to snow or call it off for the day but it's cold....I was going to do some running this morning but when I stepped out to get the paper and got hit with the cold, that sure changed my mind...I might not go out until May, if then, lol.....My friend in Florida told me they are chilly again, but it has to be better than this AND why did I not buy a house down there?????Our Kevin is pretty much like me and keeps saying, he's ready to pack up and move way south......Oh well, how many more months till summer?????

Mary, Not sure why our state is so lax in getting the vaccine but very, very few places have any...There was a piece in our paper this morning stating how to get in touch, get on the list etc. BUT, when you try to get on the site, everything is filled up...I guess, patience is the key word but that's not my best virture! If you figure out how to make a "little" lasagna, let me know....I keep thinking about making some but there again, too much! Our Cindy made the best I've ever had and I used to raid her freezer...She would freeze a couple pieces each time she made it (she knew I'd be looking)...Boy, do I miss her, not just for her lasagna, she was one of a kind......

Becca, what great news! You really are blessed, aren't you? I have visions of all those little ones trying to get a spot on Grandma's lap...Absolutely wonderful....

Jana, now that you have my mouth watering, I need to know the name of those ice cream sandwiches......We always got them from Mr. Schwan but I only wanted them when they were really hard and in a regular freezer, they soften a little..BUT our Terry was always ready to take them off our hands, he loved them that way...I'm like Lori, also do like drumsticks.....

Just trying to straighten up the closet in Kathy's room...Each time she's here, she leaves more clothes in the closet and dresser and also has a lot of stuff in her bathroom....Guess it's easier than toting that heavy suitcase back and forth across the country...She just sent me a gorgeous picture of Sedona, mountains covered with snow....
Not sure about dinner....I still have 1 dinner left from Hello Fresh (Shephard's Pie) but don't feel like eating a big meal...I finished the soup for lunch so need to find something new and it might be cereal.....

You all have a good rest of the day.....

Happy eating...................

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:23 pm

Irish-

They are simply called, It's It's. That's all. Hope you find some.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:14 pm

I'm back!
Maryrose is home. I talked to her this afternoon, she had just gotten home and was groggy, the antithesis was still with her. Her son was making her soup and she was gonna rest and hopefully sleep. She'll get results in a few days I believe she said.
Mary, you've been having fun 😊
Becca, congratulations!
Jana, I don't think I've ever heard of those.. it's probably a good thing for me LOL
Lori, awwwww now you get to have a quilt kitty. I used to have one, she'd sit in the corner on top of my table on fabric and curl into the cutest little sleeping furball ❤ her name was Fiona.
Irish, I've filled out the forms for the vaccine but so far Dad hasn't even been contacted. Our daughter either and she's a teacher. They're saying all over the news that our state doesn't have hardly any vaccines left. It's a mess.
I made a pillow case today LOL a Spiderman one. Easton picked out fabric for it, he did a good job.
We had chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy and corn, it was really yummy!
Tina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Chit Chat”