Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Jan 26th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Jan 26th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:51 am

Good morning!

Chilly and dry here. Though dry is a relative term in our neck of the woods. Lots of humidity even when it's not raining.

Yesterday was all about sewing. I finished quilting Spring and will bind it today. Done! And I worked some on my new project, Get Together. This one has a lot of paper-piecing so I need to settle in for the long haul with some audio books because it's going to be slow going. But fun going! Today is chiropractor at 9:30 and Covid shot at 4:30, so sewing, laundry, and cleaning the lower floor of our split level will fill the hours in between. And I'm not going to allow myself to go sew until after I finish my chores. (yeah, right! :lol: )

BECCA - we have a friend who has severe allergies, especially to vaccines. They made him sit and wait 30 min after his shot to observe him for reactions. He had none. The word is that these immunizations don't contain the allergens that are common in other vaccines. You don't have to go out to get infected as visitors can bring it to you. Has the new, more virulent strain been detected in your state yet? We have it here in WA, and in fact, in our county only about 15 miles from us.

LORI - sounds like our Bills would get along fine - yours gets the burgers and mine gets the tacos. No fighting! :lol: So, were you tempted by Get Together? If you are doing a JN, then this one would be a piece of cake for you! I liked that the magazine has a section in the back called "Back to Basics" and they reviewed how to do PP. That saved me! Congrats on finishing your last UFO. I usually don't plan too much ahead either. Often I wait until a project is quilted before I start looking around for binding fabric.

CAROLe - Yay! You're here at the table! How was the chicken? I was going to make it and then it morphed into other chicken. But it sounds tasty, doesn't it. I love parm covered things So I'll be trying it next 'chicken night'. I bet you are enjoying your rain. And the desert will bloom with flowers this year.

TINA - sorry about that post! When I lose them it's usually a certain cat's fault. He's never been a lap cat but now, suddenly, he wants to be on my lap every morning when I'm typing. And my computer is on my lap. so now he has one thigh and the computer has the other. No wonder I'm at the chiropractor so often!

I think I'll do your chicken next week. Tonite is leftover tacos (or burgers) and tomorrow is lasagna and Thursday is leftover lasagna. Then Bill wants chicken noodle soup over the weekend.

Hope everyone has a tasty supper!

carole

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Jan 26th

Post by carole » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:01 am

Good Morning Mary,
Yes, the chicken was tasty. Ken said it was very good. So that is a good sign.
Today we are having breakfast for dinner. We do it every now and then and it is something new.

It is still cloudy and wet today, not sure if it will rain again. You are right, the desert is beautiful with flowers when we get rain like this. I love living in the desert, never realized how much I love the sun and heat until we lived in Saudi Arabia for nearly 4 years.

I got the first shot a few weeks ago along with Ken and we had no problems. We also had to wait 30 minutes before they wanted us to leave. Think it is just a precaution. We both are due for the second one first week in February. Already have our appointments.

I am off to work on the table runner. Hope I dont get side tracked into organizing something in here.
That tends to happen. lol'

Carole (don't forget the e)

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:32 am

Hello everyone sunny here at 65 No wonder we had a fierce storm last night
And the back to 20s tomorrow Quitea difference

Did get my walk in this morning Was nice except for some fierce wind gusts
Maryz They make you wait here too Most of my bad reactions have all come exactly 12 hrs after The new stain isn’t here that I have heard of Here in Mtns we have had less cases because of less population
Your quilt will be a beauty I’m sure

Carole I am sure it would be beautiful when the flowers bloom I have only seen pictures

I am working on dish towels hand emboidery It’s pretty enough today to do yard work but in Winter I let it go because everything is at a lull
We are having baked beans with franks I have salad too. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:16 am

Becca, you have my weather. Could you please give it back. lol Haven't heard anything about FIL. No news is good news.

Mary, I haven't started the JN yet. Our class starts next month. Bill likes most of what I make.
He's just grateful not to cook. In our house if you cook, you don't have to clean up. It's a great
rule. I like to cook so it works for me.

Carole, it's like seeing a shiny object. You're just walking along and look over there at the pretty shiny thing. And soon your off track.

Need to find binding for the quilt today. Now I put bindings with quilt tops as I make them. I didn't used to do that. So now to hunt in the fabric stash.

I waited to walk the boys this morning because it was cold. It didn't warm up, so I grabbed a jacket and gloves and off we went. They were very happy.

We will be going to late lunch when DH gets home from golf. So no dinner tonight.
Lori 8-)

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:45 pm

Good late afternoon from a very soggy, cold, SW. Pa....We've had everything but snow and I have a feeling, that will be coming soon.....Just a miserable, nasty day but a good one to stay inside.....

BUT, the Bit news 1st....Both the eggs hatched in the Ft. Myers nest...Both on the same day which is wonderful and hopefully will prevent them fighting over food...Harriet and M-15 have to be the smartest eagles around...After the 1st egg was laid, they delayed hatching by not incubating 24/7 and then when she laid the 2nd egg, the real incubation started...So, we have twins and they are the cutest little balls of fluff...Already they are growing and won't take long before they rule the nest.....

Mary, lucky you to be able to move your appointment up...Here in Pa. we have no vaccine and not sure when we'll get any...I'm in the group that was supposed to have had their shots last month but nothing yet...

Becca, Hopefully, the reactions won't be bad for you and CA...It's a good precaution to have you sit and wait...

Jana, So glad to hear Stu didn't get stuck with the other fellow...Sorry to hear his girl friend split but as you said, better now than further down the line...It's hard to see someone you love go through this but if it's to be, it will work out....Hoping to see pictures of your newly finished sewing room....I changed mine around and that little change made me feel good.....

It's been crazy around here and most of it is my sister's fault...She really does love her cards and can get a game going at the drop of a hat...I really can't complain, she does the driving and we do have fun...Sat. night, I did have everyone here and for dessert I made strawberry cream cheese bars (Oh so good)....Yesterday, I finally had my endoscopy and hopefully it will be good news....The foot is coming along...I do have a boot for when I go out or need to walk a lot but around the house, I have it wrapped...I have an appointment next week so maybe I can go without both......

Not sure what I'm having for dinner...My sister did give me some chicken/rice soup yesterday and I still have some left...If not soup, poached egg and toast sounds pretty good.....

You all have a good rest of the day....

Happy eating.....................

Return to “Chit Chat”