Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club - Friday, Jan 15

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club - Friday, Jan 15

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:00 am

Good morning,

I think it’s Friday. I have kind of lost track. I have to keep going back and count days on my fingers.

Yesterday I brought in all the non-perishable food from the trailer. I don’t usually leave much in it in the winter time because of moisture problems. Then I had to re-absorb it into the house pantries and take inventory, and make a list of what is where and what I need to shop for. I also got two loads of wash done and got started putting sewing room back together. Today will be a little more of everything and hopefully some Quilting!! 🤞

Lori, our coast in winter is nothing like your coast. We do have a long stretch of sandy beach at the park we were going to go to, but it’s quite a hike to get to it from our campsites. And the wind blows giving it a “feels like temp“ of upper 30s in The winter. And even if it’s not raining, it is still damp. Nevertheless, I love it for a few nights. We have reservations to go the third week of March over my birthday. A great way to celebrate 70!

Becca, Pizza sounds like a good dinner choice after A day of errands. Especially if it’s delivered hot, right to your door! It almost wouldn’t seem like Home if we didn’t have Vicki hollering at us. We have grown so used to it. Her SIL, Ben, Texted us last night that he has talked to authorities again and they told him Covid is a real issue, concerning Vicki, and most likely nothing will be done about her unless another very serious event happens.

Jana, do you have a recipe for your bread bowls? They sound intriguing. I’ve had them in restaurants but never attempted to make them. I love that your Sarah is so involved in you and your garden!

Our pork tenderloin and baked potatoes turned out excellent last night. I kind of surprised myself! I think tonight we will have pasta carbonara. And the usual salad. I have missed salads while on the road.

Got any great ideas for your supper? I get tired of my own list of menus and draw a lot from all of you!

Becca

Re: Supper Club - Friday, Jan 15

Post by Becca » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:26 am

Hello everyone sunny here now
Got CA to Dr & got car gassed up Dr asked him if he wants Hospice called in He declined He hasPallative Care now
I have been on phone for 2 days with Hospital ‘& Insurance about a bill I received It was paid first of November My deductible has been met They said they never got it We are now checking with Bank Wonder where the good ole days went

Maryz Covid has sure changed our World & lives I guess with her being out in public no one wants to deal with her
There’s always so much to do after a trip
Got lunch over with We made ham n cheese sandwiches I ate some green beans too Going to make some cranberry salad this afternoon. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:33 am

Mary, every January we have a 5-7 days of beautiful warm weather. Then it goes back to being cold again. So this is our week. I'm enjoying it.

Becca, that is so frustrating. Hope you can get the issue resolved.

Our cable wasn't working this morning, so I spent 30 minutes on the phone getting that resolved. The boys have been walked and now I need to do a few chores.

For dinner I think I'll make Enchilada pie. I have some chicken leftover from the flautas that I need to use up. Or maybe burgers.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:26 am

Good afternoon!

Just mopped the guest bathroom and now need Ethan to do the baseboards 8n there. And maybe a quick wipe down of the ones he did earlier. Grandma will pay him to this for me. He is very good at saving up his money for something he really wants.

Dinner - I have soup leftover from last night. I fed Sarah and family too yesterday and even have two more meals put in the freezer. It makes a big pot. Ethan helped me cook yesterday.

My bread bowl recipe is very easy. Most of what you find in the store is sourdough, these are like regular bread.

Makes 6 bowls

2 1/2 cups very warm water
2 packages yeast
5 tablespoons shortening
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon salt
6 cups flour

Add water, yeast and sugar to mixing bowl. Let stand about 3 minutes, then add shortening and about half the flour and salt. Using a large wooden spoon, stir together mixing in everything very well. Then add about two cups more of the flour, stirring it in well. Use the last cup if necessary to make a not to sticky dough. Leave spoon in the dough, set timer for 10 minutes, stir dough, repeat setting timer and stirring every 10 minutes for a total of 5 times. At that end, turn dough on floured counter, shape into a log, that you cut into 6 equal pieces. Shape into disk, sealing all the edges well, about 4-5 inches. Place on Silpat or greased cookie sheet and let rise again for about 20 minutes. Bake at 400 for about 18-20 minutes. Spread butter on the top just after you remove them from the oven. We like our bowls quite warm when we serve our soup, so when you can handle the bowl, slice off the top, leaving high sides. Carefully remove the bread inside the bowl with a fork. Leave a wall, about 1/4 to 3/8 thick, making sure you have no holes. If you have a hole, you can plug it with the extra bread. We like to add that bread broken in pieces in our soup or butter it and eat! You can vary the size of the bowl depending on how much you eat. I have even only made half into bowls and the other half into cinnamon rolls for use here. These bowls work with broccoli cheese, potato, banned chowder soups.

Not much else here.

I need to go get my grocery order, out of milk and eggs,

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:01 pm

Hi everyone. I'm just stopping in to read how all of your days went while I'm waiting for the dryer to finish. It's almost 11 here and I'm tired but I gotta stay up to hang clothes because I'm not gonna iron clothes, I'll iron fabric but not clothes 😂🤣
Mary, you've been super busy!
Becca, hugs.
Jana, your bread bowls and soup sound yummy.
Lori, we've been having yoyo temps here, kinda crazy.
We had chicken fried steaks, baked potatoes and I was too tired to think about a veggie oops.
I think clothes are done. Goodnight ❤
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”