Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. thursday, Jan 7

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. thursday, Jan 7

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:10 am

Good morning!

We are 17 deg here in Raton at 6,600’ elevation. We still laugh about one of our friends new to snow- birding. He thought they would go south to New Mexico for warmth during the winter. LOL! We warned him to go to AZ but skip NM if he wanted to be warm in January. It’s the fifth largest state. It’s taking us a while to get through it. We will be going 300 miles today and plan to stay in Grants, NM on I-40.

Becca, your bakery goodies yesterday sounded tempting! Like me, you do a lot of reading. What genre do you generally read? I enjoy mysteries by J A Jance, Mary Higgins Clark, James Patterson, Leslie Levine, Lydia Wasburn, Anne George, and others, but I think my favorite is Mary Daheim.

Lori, we will leave I-40 at Barstow, take 58 through Bakersfield over to I-5. That route is close to you?

Tina, by Jove, I think you’ve got it! Your quilt over in photos looks amazing! Congratulations!

Jana, We all know you will do a perfect job teaching your class. So when do you project your sewing area will be absolutely complete? And is your powder room downstairs all finished now? How is Matt & family?

Last night I took the leftover spaghetti from dinner on Tues at my sister’s. I put it in a casserole, topped it with a little mozzarella, and baked it. It was really good but we still have a little left for tonight. So it will be a side dish along with green beans. The main event on our plates will be sliced kielbasa sausage fried with lots of onions.

Have you got your supper figured out yet?

gershwin64

Re: Supper Club. thursday, Jan 7

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:09 am

Good morning!
LOL Mary, nope NM isn't a place to stay warm in the winter.... it's usually a dry cold just like a dry heat in summer. Safe travels. Thank you, I really like how the quilt turned out ❤
I have a stack of some UFO's on a cart and chair, those are taking priority so I can get the cart out of my sewing room and get the chair cleaned off.
I'm not sure about supper, we have leftovers and that's probably going to be what we have, I just need to decide which ones.
Dad's 82nd birthday was yesterday, the quilt is his present.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:27 am

Hello everyone sunny here with snow coming tonight and tomorrow
We are in 30s
Maryz Those goodies from Bethanys was very good
On Books I have been taking a break because of Covid Then Mark came & give me 2 suggestions Land Breakers & The Book Woman of Troublesome Crk I finished
The Book Woman I used to read lots of Authors I like History Some mysteries Religions Most all if they have a good story to them
Stay safe & safe travels for you & Bill

Tina Your quilt is very pretty & masculine
I knew it would be a good job if you did it
Now you can relax with your new toy

I have to go get a haircut this afternoon It is the longest it’s been in a long time
I made some potatoes cooked in butter We have ham I had frozen and cranberry salad
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:35 am

Mary, that's about 140 miles north of me. Just over the grapevine. I live 12 miles from Disneyland. Brrrr 17 is a bit chilly. Funny you mentioned Mary Higgins Clark. I read many of her books. I just pulled down 2 boxes of her books from a cabinet in the garage. I don't know why I was keeping them.

Tina, Happy belated b-day to your dad.

Becca, I wish I could get a haircut. Our shops have been closed down for a month. Seems they just get to open and our idiot governor shut them down again. Oh, but you can go shopping at the mall.

For dinner I think we will get chicken wings and chicken strips.
Lori 8-)

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:43 am

Long time no see/hear from me. Sorry about that.

For some reason I keep loosing blood/not producing red blood cells. On Dec. 10th the Dr. sent me to the hospital to run tests regarding my light headedness, chest pains, and difficulty breathing. After taking blood to run a blood screen, they said my hemoglobin levels had dropped to a 6 which is very dangerous and far below normal. They administered 2 pints of blood, which helped for a couple weeks.

On the 26th, day after Christmas, I tried to get up to go to work, but I was unable to stand without faintness and stumbling and falling. I couldn't even stay up long enough to get dressed. Finally I called work and told them I would not be able to make it in. I was off from the 26th through the 28th. On the 29th, I went to work and manager on duty sent me home half way through the day. I came home and called the Dr. again. No one was available to take my call right then and said they would call me back as soon as possible. That call finally came the morning of the 30th. When I explained to him what was happening, he said to go straight to emergency. Emergency again ran a blood workup. My hemoglobin had already dropped to a 6 again, plus ER Dr. was concerned that I may have had a slight heart attack, but had not been confirmed. At that time emergency administered 2 more pints of blood and had me admitted to the hospital.

I was discharged the evening of Sunday, Jan 3rd with more testing yet to come as an out patient. I have applied for short term disability, but don't know yet if it has been approved.

Sorry this is so long, but I did tell Tina I would give you updates of what was happening.

Mary/Rosebud

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:37 am

Rosebud So sorry to hear about your health issues I will pray you can get straightened out and back on your feet Prayers for you
Becca

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:10 pm

Good late afternoon from partly sunny, but chilly, SW. Pa....I've kind of been missing in action and really don't have a good excuse other than being lazy when it comes to the computer....I think I'm still waiting for that energy to come back or at least visit for a day or so.....

Mary, on the road again sounds good but those temps aren't....Everyone I talk to is done with winter and around here we really haven't gotten into winter....I'm thinking, we've all been pretty closed up and now, we're "allowed" out but it's too darn cold....You know I've been checking on your travels, trying to image the scenery as we travel along those highways....Kathy and Tim have had to go over Donner Pass twice in the past week or so and she said, that's been scary...1st time, they had to put the chains on the truck....
But, you'll soon be home and back to Gig Harbor living...This trip has really been an adventure, hasn't it?
There's not much happening in the Eagle News...There are 3 nests in Florida that I've checked on and they all have 2 eggs each...Berry College in Georgia has 2 eggs in their nest, and the 3 nests up here are getting their home ready for the eggs....There's always excitement on the Ft. Myers nest...A pesky owl keeps trying to knock either Harriet or M15 off the nest during the night and what's bad, the eagles will fly after the owl but eagles really can't see too good in the dark and aren't too much of a threat to the owl....It's going to be tough trying to keep the babies safe when they hatch.....I noted your list or authors and wrote down a couple of them, always looking for a good read....

Becca, Your goodies sounded so good...Give me a good slice of bread or bun and I'm in heaven...Which I haven't made cinnamon rolls in awhile....Might have to get with it.....Hope the cold and snow doesn't stick around too long and please don't send it my way......

Rosebud, Wow, you really are having problems...What happened to this year was going to be better? Will certainly keep you in my prayers, big time....Also, praying the doctors come up with an "easy fix"...Hang in there, better days ahead.....

Lori, Your governor much be related to our's...I'm never sure what we're supposed to be doing or what is open at any given time...But, what I think is strange, things you can't do, go to church, get your hair cut, go out to eat etc. but you can run to Walmart any time you want or pop into any of the box stores and even though, there is a "wear mask" sign on the door, half the people don't wear one....I need a haircut also and the gal that cuts my hair lives 2 streets away but I'm just lazy about calling her..I've been trimming and she's going to be upset, I know.lol......Oh well, maybe tomorrow! I've read quite a few M.H. Clark books, good reading......

Tina, Happy birthday to your day...He's so lucky to have you near by and I'll bet he loved the quilt...I can't get over how quickly you took to that machine....You'll have your stack of UFOs done in no time....

Remember me saying, I thought the new year would be much better than the last????Well, not happening....Yesterday morning, I got up extra early and decided to go out and get my paper...Now I had cleaned off the steps the day before but there was still a few patches of ice and you can guess what happened...Not exactly sure just how I got to the bottom but my one shoe was way out in the front yard..And I normally don't say bad words but one, not darn, came out a few times...As I was laying on the sidewalk, trying to figure out if all my parts were OK, I was so afraid someone would drive by and see this heap of bright pink fluffy robe laying there and stop....But, I was able to crawl back up the steps and inside...My left foot/ankle was hurting so I sat for awhile with it up and thought, it's OK but it wasn't so called my sister and we spent the day in the ER..I have a break on the top of my right foot and also a crack in my right elbow...No casts but they sure did get carried away with ace bandages...My sister left her spare crutches but knowing me, I'd end up with something else broken if I tried to use them...I have my cane and can get around pretty good...Of course they did warn me of the other sore parts I would have today and I found them plus have quite a few lovely spots of blue/purple.....My steps are wooden and I had talked about putting something on each step so now Kevin will be taking care of that.....
So, for awhile, I'll be doing a lot of reading and cross stitching, but that's OK.....One funny, my sister's grand daughter was the one to take the xrays and she kept introducing us as the used to be Bobbsey Twins but now we're the Covid Twins....

As for dinner, we stopped and picked up chicken yesterday so I have left overs and I'm sure my sister will be stopping by when she cooks or when she picks something up....

You all have a good rest of the day........

Happy eating...................

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:12 pm

Good late afternoon from partly sunny, but chilly, SW. Pa....I've kind of been missing in action and really don't have a good excuse other than being lazy when it comes to the computer....I think I'm still waiting for that energy to come back or at least visit for a day or so.....

Mary, on the road again sounds good but those temps aren't....Everyone I talk to is done with winter and around here we really haven't gotten into winter....I'm thinking, we've all been pretty closed up and now, we're "allowed" out but it's too darn cold....You know I've been checking on your travels, trying to image the scenery as we travel along those highways....Kathy and Tim have had to go over Donner Pass twice in the past week or so and she said, that's been scary...1st time, they had to put the chains on the truck....
But, you'll soon be home and back to Gig Harbor living...This trip has really been an adventure, hasn't it?
There's not much happening in the Eagle News...There are 3 nests in Florida that I've checked on and they all have 2 eggs each...Berry College in Georgia has 2 eggs in their nest, and the 3 nests up here are getting their home ready for the eggs....There's always excitement on the Ft. Myers nest...A pesky owl keeps trying to knock either Harriet or M15 off the nest during the night and what's bad, the eagles will fly after the owl but eagles really can't see too good in the dark and aren't too much of a threat to the owl....It's going to be tough trying to keep the babies safe when they hatch.....I noted your list or authors and wrote down a couple of them, always looking for a good read....

Becca, Your goodies sounded so good...Give me a good slice of bread or bun and I'm in heaven...Which I haven't made cinnamon rolls in awhile....Might have to get with it.....Hope the cold and snow doesn't stick around too long and please don't send it my way......

Rosebud, Wow, you really are having problems...What happened to this year was going to be better? Will certainly keep you in my prayers, big time....Also, praying the doctors come up with an "easy fix"...Hang in there, better days ahead.....

Lori, Your governor much be related to our's...I'm never sure what we're supposed to be doing or what is open at any given time...But, what I think is strange, things you can't do, go to church, get your hair cut, go out to eat etc. but you can run to Walmart any time you want or pop into any of the box stores and even though, there is a "wear mask" sign on the door, half the people don't wear one....I need a haircut also and the gal that cuts my hair lives 2 streets away but I'm just lazy about calling her..I've been trimming and she's going to be upset, I know.lol......Oh well, maybe tomorrow! I've read quite a few M.H. Clark books, good reading......

Tina, Happy birthday to your Dad...He's so lucky to have you near by and I'll bet he loved the quilt...I can't get over how quickly you took to that machine....You'll have your stack of UFOs done in no time....

Remember me saying, I thought the new year would be much better than the last????Well, not happening....Yesterday morning, I got up extra early and decided to go out and get my paper...Now I had cleaned off the steps the day before but there was still a few patches of ice and you can guess what happened...Not exactly sure just how I got to the bottom but my one shoe was way out in the front yard..And I normally don't say bad words but one, not darn, came out a few times...As I was laying on the sidewalk, trying to figure out if all my parts were OK, I was so afraid someone would drive by and see this heap of bright pink fluffy robe laying there and stop....But, I was able to crawl back up the steps and inside...My left foot/ankle was hurting so I sat for awhile with it up and thought, it's OK but it wasn't so called my sister and we spent the day in the ER..I have a break on the top of my right foot and also a crack in my right elbow...No casts but they sure did get carried away with ace bandages...My sister left her spare crutches but knowing me, I'd end up with something else broken if I tried to use them...I have my cane and can get around pretty good...Of course they did warn me of the other sore parts I would have today and I found them plus have quite a few lovely spots of blue/purple.....My steps are wooden and I had talked about putting something on each step so now Kevin will be taking care of that.....
So, for awhile, I'll be doing a lot of reading and cross stitching, but that's OK.....One funny, my sister's grand daughter was the one to take the xrays and she kept introducing us as the used to be Bobbsey Twins but now we're the Covid Twins....

As for dinner, we stopped and picked up chicken yesterday so I have left overs and I'm sure my sister will be stopping by when she cooks or when she picks something up....

You all have a good rest of the day........

Happy eating...................

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:17 pm

Not sure why I'm on twice........Just ignore.... :lol:

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:41 pm

Good afternoon!

Ethan has been helping me pack up Christmas. He gathers carefully all the "stuff" and I wrap it up and put it in the box. He wanted a break, so I am here now.

Irish - oh my! Take extra care in recovering and do be so careful! Those anti skid strips are great and there is anti skid paint as well.

Mary Rose - prayers they quickly get things under control and what is wrong.

Tina- love the backstory on the quilt. I too have a quilt that has a beloved recycled quilt in it and now that cover needs to be replaced too. The original quilt was a gift to me from a loved Aunt when I was about 8 years old.

Mary - route home is very familiar to me. Know it well.

Becca - everyone is getting snow - but me! Good time to stay home and inside.

Dinner - pink pond fruit fried rice. Easy, as my kitchen is in a bit of disarray from putting away Christmas.

I am relabeling all my boxes making sure what the box says is what is inside. And the year as well. It will make it easier to put out next Christmas.

Stay Safe! Prayers to!
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”