Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper club - Monday, January 4, 2021

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
FarmChick

Supper club - Monday, January 4, 2021

Post by FarmChick » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:25 am

Good Monday morning! The sun is shining here! We have had ice and no internet several days. It all finally melted yesterday so maybe we are getting back to normal. I’m trying to work at cleaning up the Christmas sewing scrap explosion in my sewing room-organizing and putting away, but I keep getting distracted. Does anyone have that problem besides me?

Becca—we have had soup and sandwiches here to—potato soup or veggie soup and grilled cheese. More of the same for lunches.

Mary—good to hear your patient is doing so much better! Hope you make it to her home today or at least close.

Jana—happy late b’day to Daniel! How do our kids age and we don’t??? I used to write my grocery list in church—lucky you to get to square up quilt blocks! I mended those firehose pants for one of the grandsons a couple of weeks ago.

Lori—my heart goes out to you! She was beautiful and the twin to my Brutus. He was such a sweet (BIG ) boy. Maybe they are meeting across the rainbow bridge.

Dinner here—Black grouper, courtesy of the Florida hunters. I do mine in a wrap, and DH has his with ketchup.

We are to be in the 50s today. In need to check and see if I’m on dog duty. A walk would be in order in the sun!

Looks like I’m going to set the table today. Bon appétit!

gershwin64

Re: Supper club - Monday, January 4, 2021

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:48 am

Good morning!
My Christmas break vacation is over, I have the boys today. No school for the kids but Holly has zoom meetings today, I guess it's the inservice type day.
I'm working in Dad's quilt, I have the top half sewed together, I'm hoping to finish the top before lunch and get it loaded in the LA.... doesn't that sound good!
Tonight I'm finally getting around to chile rellenos with other stuff depending if Holly and the kids are eating here, I'm waiting to hear. I gave both our cocker spaniels a bath and blow dried and brushed them and I was way too tired and sore to cook so Holly made us tacos at her house.
Kevin is feeling normal again except a tiny cough here and there.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:37 am

Hello everyone sunny here at 51
Hope Maryz & all are having a good day on the road & make it to Tina’s today

Chickie Thank you for starting our Post off
I thought I was the only one that made messes like that when sewing lol

Tina Glad to hear Kevin is doing better It’s funny how every case is different It seems to affect people differently

I made cowboy beans & cornbread They were tasty I am not very ambitious today
Have a wonderful day everyone. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:49 am

Good afternoon!

Late here today. Got watching our new Governor's inauguration. So nice to see a honest politician take office.

Not much here. Did a very early morning grocery run. Left my house at 5:30 am and we were the only ones in the store except for the employees. Put away the cold stuff, still need to do the rest.
Lately been using the shop online, but needed to do a bigger trip and get the things that the other store doesn't carry. It takes trips to three different stores to get what I use. I do like the shop online for most things, but veggies, I am picky!

Dinner - a couple of things are floating through the mix - from soup to a small steak and baked potato. We will see.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:59 pm

I posted under the other January 4 post that says "Sunday". Mary lost track of the days.

Chickie - Good to see you! Sorry your family has been affected by Covid.

Jana - Happy Birthday to your son.

Tina - Yes, loading a quilt does sound good! Congratulations!

Becca - Good to rest up!

Mary - The drive will be a bit longer today, but then you are at Tina's house! Good for you!

Carol

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:35 pm

We are having Spaghetti. Today is National Spaghetti Day!

Return to “Chit Chat”