Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club - Sunday, Jan 3

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club - Sunday, Jan 3

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:43 am

Good morning from Amarillo,

What a difference a day makes! Nice weather, good road, improving patient. We generally hit the road about 8:30 and stop about 2:30. Today We have about 215 miles to go to our next stop in Lamar, Colorado. And this will put us in mountain time so we will gain an hour on the clock. ⏰. Sis was much better yesterday, even got out at a picnic area and walked around slowly with her walker, perching on a picnic table to eat a sandwich. We should be at their house tomorrow night and she says the next day she wants to sit at table and play dominoes. Maybe y’all prayed TOO much for her! 🤣

Lori, so sorry to hear about your Emma. It’s painful to lose such a good friend. 😢

Becca, you have 66’ and are out walking? Nice!! Still purging? Didn’t you do this just about 6 months ago? Be careful! We don’t want you running around in nothing but a towel! 😝

Jana, what would Utah be without heavy construction?!? That’s how we know we are in Utah! But thanks for the heads up! Will let you know our plans when we know them. Thank you!

Carol, so how is that NY handi quilter Resolution going? Is your new kitty learning the ropes in the sewing room?

I think tonight will be white chicken chili and cornbread. The chili will be made from mostly canned ingredients. But the cornbread from scratch. I Mix up the dry ingredients at home, put them in a Ziploc, and write the rest of the recipe on the bag.

What ideas do you have for supper tonight

auntjana

Re: Supper Club - Sunday, Jan 3

Post by auntjana » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:33 am

Good morning!

The snow arrived and is falling as I type. Not much, just enough to cause Aaron's day to be spent rescuing drivers. So glad that Santa brought him nice flannel lined firehose pants for Christmas!

It is my Daniel's 40th BD today. 3 of 4 have crossed that 40 mark. I have awhile until Aaron reaches it. I am not that old to have kids that age, let alone a grandson who in a few more days turns 24!

Church is now a bit later in the morning. It is my turn again to teach next Sunday. I have been working on my lesson for that. So that will be my week, sewing and getting a lesson put together. During the Sunday School part of church today, I will watch and trim up my blocks for my quilt. My Zoom camera is right there where I sew.

Mary - so glad you had a easy day yesterday. I always told Aaron as he headed out on a Search and Rescue callout, as he walked out the door, prayer works! It certainly does!

Dinner - we will do our late brunch and find something to nibble later tonight.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Re: Supper Club - Sunday, Jan 3

Post by Becca » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:39 am

Hello everyone sunny but cold Not like yesterday at 66
It’s been a lazy restful day
Maryz So happy that Tina is doing so much better Prayer sure works
Hope your whole trip goes that way
Don’t worry I have way too many clothes

Jana It’s hard for me to think of mine being that old too