Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Sat, Jan 2

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Sat, Jan 2

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:58 am

Good morning,

We made our goal yesterday. 270 miles. Tina tolerated pretty well until last 30 miles. She tries Very hard not to complain and to be a pleasant patient. It takes a long time to ease her out of the pick up while one of us helps support her leg and one of us helps her feet find the running board and stool we set out, Get her walker situated, and then slowly inch her around the trailer and up the 4 steps to get inside. I think we will all have degrees in physical therapy before this trip is over. Today we will do another 270 and plan to stay in Amarillo KOA.

We see from our security cameras that Vicki is still at home. And we also learned my computer has been repaired even though we were just told it would be another 10 days. And it was shipped to wrong address. Sigh. We will never EVER buy another Dell product!! Monkeys could give better customer service!!

Tina, oh so sorry to hear Mary Rose is in the hospital again. Do you know what is wrong? Saying prayers for her. Holly certainly had an interesting New Year’s Eve. Yes, you are going to need that ruler table. Ruler Work is just about impossible without it.

Carol, so happy to hear your sister is improving. Praying she continues and will get her surgery soon, and be on the road to full recovery. Does she live near you?

Irish, you party animal you! What card game are you playing until 2 AM? I can very well imagine the look you got when you got home and had some ‘splainin’ to do!!

Chickie, what quilts do you plan to do for the two new upcoming babies? More caterpillar’s?

Becca, you have really had a time of it. I hope things are looking much better now for you healthwise, and every other way.

Jana, thank you so much for worrying about us and praying for us, and the offer of the DOT weather report. Will let you know our plans are when we have them made. Actually, when we travel, especially in winter, we sign up for DOT weather alerts in whatever state we are going through at the time. That has saved our bacon at least once we know of. Not sure of our route from Colorado to home yet. We would like to do 80 across southern Wyoming, nip through northern Utah into Idaho. But we will see.. How are Matt, Crenda, and crew doing today? How was the birthday party? And how is Stu doing with work and with his lady friend?

Tonight I am going to make tomato basil soup and grilled ham and cheese sandwiches for supper. One of Bill‘s favorite meals and turns out Allan and Tina like it a lot, too. In my mind, I am trying to stay one day ahead on planned meals so I think tomorrow will be white chicken chili and cornbread.

What’s the supper story in your kitchen today?

auntjana

Re: Supper Club. Sat, Jan 2

Post by auntjana » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:10 am

Good morning!

I am supposed to be making breakfast, but here playing instead.

Mary - thanks for the routing. Michael loves maps, so he is tracing out your routes to Colorado and then home. Coming in on 84, you will miss all the nasty road construction that is happening before Ogden. So far our roads are clear, just watch for ice on bridges. We always waited for the sun to be up and shining on the roads before we left in the wintertime.

Dinner - got some beautiful soft ciabatta rolls, so will make a sandwich and a bowl of soup.

While Michael finishes the Ward Bulletin for tomorrow, I will be sewing down in the Batt Cave.

Stu was over last night. He is enjoying his job at Amazon. He is now the fixer - working on equipment malfunctions and with the robots. Not IT, but glitches in the packaging. He thinks he will be sent out to train in other locations again. He liked doing that in Boise. No more word on his girl - friend, so we will just wait and see.

Matt and family is continuing to get better. Matt has a doctor's appointment on Monday.

Ethan loved his BD. Sarah made his cake - round, and then cut it in half, stood it on the cut side and frosted it. Put a 9 on the side - the half cake was because Ethan is now halfway to being a grownup! Sarah was counting from nine to 18. I did just simple, a couple of pillowcases for his new bedroom. One was with the leftover scraps from the quilt he made. He recognized that fabric in a hurry!

Tina - there is another expensive toy for your LA - Handi Quilter makes a digital read out thread gauge, that replaces the tension thingy. It gives you a read out so you can set the thread tension the same each and every time you change thread. You keep a record of that number and the thread manufacturer so you can easily repeat without hassle. I have one for my LA, just need to change it out.

Well, better get going,

Stay Safe! Travel Safe!

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:47 am

Hello everyone sunny here at 66 A week ago 22 for hi I just got back from my walk
So nice outside
Maryz So glad Tina made it ok Hope today goes well too. And the weather stays good too

Jana Glad Stu likes his job And Ethan is halfway there They grow too fast

I got my laundry done meds fixed for week for CA Did some more cleaning of drawers
Our DGS from NY FaceTimed They are both still working from Home He has been in office 1 week since beginning of March
He works at NT times
We are having grilled burgers FF for CA & green salad for me
Thank you ladies for your concern I am taking care & watching BP Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:29 pm

I said goodbye to my quilting buddy today. Emma was a great pal and always helpful.
I will miss her so much, but know she is no longer in pain. We had the vet come to the house which was the best way to say goodbye to our sweet girl.

Dinner will be whatever you find in the fridge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:09 pm

Lori - so sad, but she looked like a very sweet quilting buddy.

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:53 pm

Lori I’m sorry you lost your buddy She looks like a sweet pal. Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:09 pm

Lori - So sorry to hear of Emma's passing. I know you will miss her forever. It is so hard to lose a pet.

Return to “Chit Chat”