Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club - New Years Day!

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club - New Years Day!

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:33 am

Good morning and Happy New Year!

Well, we got the laundry done yesterday and had to cover it with plastic trash bags to get it back to our trailer, still dry. That may be the last laundry day until we get home. Yay!! We didn’t do much else yesterday but read and try to take the dog on short walks and make A couple short visits to my sisters trailer. She is looking better with these extra two days of rest. She will be in her ankle-to-hip brace for six weeks and it’s already been one week. We are all anxious to get out of town.

I took turkey dinner over to them last night and we visited a short bit. Later in the evening we went back to the trailer for a glass of wine, an ice cream bar, and a New Year’s toast. That was 5:30. I think we were all in bed by 8:30! 🥂😹

A couple new trailers pulled in close to us before dark. Turned out they were the party folk of the RV park and I really didn’t mind the noise They made until they started noisy barfing a few feet from our trailer! 🤮. And then somewhere people started setting off a lot of fireworks big ones like Fourth of July. We could watch them through the skylight above our bed. Foxy ran and hid in the storage bins and Scotty whined and cried till Bill put him up in bed with us. Then he just whined and cried closer to us! It was a rough half hour!

Lori, I think your orange chicken is going to earn the honor of being recipe of the month! I did Make it about 6 months ago from an online recipe I found. Bill liked the sauce but he didn’t care for the purchased frozen popcorn chicken I used. So next time we stop at Trader Joe’s, I am going to be looking for it to see if he likes that better

Becca, I guess we better be keeping an eye on you and your BP! We don’t want it to be too low or too high. We want it to be juuust right!

Tina, glad you are starting out the new year with a clean house and clean undies! You got a lot of cool things at that sale! You will have a lot of fun learning to use everything. Your quilt shop should start a wish list program and you can add things to it. And Frankie can shop for Your birthday! So good to hear Kevin is improving and Maria and Matthew are negative.

Irish, you paint a lovely picture with your furry robe and boots! Glad you got to visit with Kitty. Kidney disease takes out a lot of elderly cats. Riley had it too. But she lived almost to her 20th birthday.

Chickie! Yay! You’re here! You must of had to soak your hands in ice water after all that typing but it was wonderful to read. Glad you got your Christmas sewing done. What are you going to be making next year? And how do you plan to do the gypsy wife? I’ve seen so many wonderful color/fabric schemes. But I think the picture you sent me last year of the Halloween one was the best of all. It is one pattern I would like to make again and again. So far I’ve made it twice.

Jana, happy birthday to Ethan! How does he like his new room?
I already have our supper made for tonight, ready to pop in the oven at the end of our days run. I made a turkey pot pie from last night’s leftovers. And I have enough greens for a small side salad. It’s going to be a tense day and I don’t know if my sister will be very hungry after riding 250 miles but I’m sure our drivers will be!

What sounds good to you tonight?

gershwin64

Re: Supper Club - New Years Day!

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:34 am

Good morning and Happy New Year ro each and every one of you and yours!
Mary, safe travels.
I told Frankie last night I'm going to start a wish list and put it on my sewing room wall so they won't have any problems knowing what I need LOL
We stayed up and saw the New Year in. Then we stayed up for at least 30 minutes more because Holly had commotion at her house, 4 cars driving up and down her road, yelling, flashlights, getting out of cars so I told her to call 911 because she's home alone with the kids. The sheriff was there in about 5 minutes, turns out someone lost their puppy and was trying to find it. The 2 officers looked for awhile and stayed on Holly's road until the people left. Then they called Holly and told her what had happened so we all felt better. They didn't find the puppy though.
Today I'm going to start on those UFO's.....I have many many! Valerie posted a UFO thing in swaps, I'm using it as my motivation.
Supper I'm hoping for pizza and a salad.
Check your bank accounts, we received stimulus checks in its at 3:48am.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:54 am

Good morning!

Happy New Year's!

Mary - safe travels! Dividing the trip into those short days will make it easier on Tina and the drivers too. So far our storms have been small and missing us. January is usually not too bad for storms. I think Aaron has access to UDOT's weather forecast for the entire state. UDOT has their own team of trained meteorologists, so they are usually more accurate than the news. Let me know when you want to leave and I will have Aaron check for you. That is if you come this way. Then if needed, I can keep my phone nearby and you can text me.

Tina - oh, I can help you with that list! Handi Quilter has soooooo many toys! Did you get the clip on table that allows your rulers to have a solid space to rest on as you use them to quilt? It is very handy, no pun intended.

We are going over to Sarah's for BD dinner for Ethan. Tacos, rice and beans. Chocolate BD cake with chocolate mousse filling. Aaron and family will be there too. Ethan got a laser tag game, so he and the girls will run wild in the basement playing tag.

Crenda tested positive and is the last one in her family to come down with the virus. We are on watch to bring and doorbell ditch meals if needed. Andrew is over his virus and can be a big help, since he is almost 15.

Sewing most of today. Football will be on. Tradition! But I am so tired of the backdoor, underhanded politics in who is chosen to play in the big bowl games. Always the same teams, no matter what their record is or how many games they played. My soapbox rant.

Carol - how is your sister doing?

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:29 am

Happy New Year Everyone!
I am making Navy Bean Soup for tonight's dinner.

I called my sister this morning. She had an endoscopy yesterday and they cauterized a hole in her stomach. They gave her three units of blood yesterday. She is feeling much better today to say the least. She still needs to have surgery for the appendix removal and the infection has diminished considerably. I appreciate the good thoughts and prayers for her.

Jana - Happy Birthday to Ethan! I can't get over he is nine years old. I remember when he became part of the family. A new bed in a new bedroom sounds like a very nice BD present. I am sure you will make him an extraordinary quilt!

Tina - I hope you have the table for the ruler work as well. Ruler work is fun and looks really wonderful.

Becca - Please watch your BP. I worry about you too!

Maryz - Glad you are doing shorter hops to get to Colorado. Hope the weather is your friend.

Irish - Hope you enjoyed your New Years Celebration.

My resolution this year is to get at least 7500 steps a day. Yesterday I got 11,469 steps. I need to make a quilting related resolution, but think I simply need to use my HandiQuilter every day!
Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:50 am

Hello everyone Happy New Year to all
I have been on drawers today & have a pumpkin pie in oven
Maryz Safe travels I pray & Hope Tina does well And the weather is good too

Carol Wow your Sister has sure had a time & still surgery to go I sure will pray for her

Jana I too think of Ethan as younger But I know he is very advanced so he has to be growing up
Glad your family is getting well

Irish Hope you have a good New Year in your new Home

Tina I’m sure there’s all kinds of goodies you can get for your new toy Just enjoy it
You are so deserving

Chickie Congrats on your new babies I know what it’s like to have them in bunches we had 2 sets of twins one year
Hope your-carpal tunel is doing better

Girls If you had know what went on with me in Hospital They all told me I was a miracle because you always had either a stroke heart attack or seizure or all of them I know God took care of me And the low BP was when I got the cortisone shot
But it has been low too several times but more hi than low I do my best checking it daily Today is a good day
Now you have my life history
CA had reruns on his chowder I made a salad for me.

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:23 pm

Happy New Year from a very, very soggy, dreary, SW. Pa....This is not the way to start the new year but at least it's not snow......Just looking out the window, my grass is as green as can be, just hoping it's not going to need mowed, lol.....

Mary, hoping for good travels and quick healing for your sister...Also hoping all her "problems" are left in
2020 and the new year will be a very good, healthy one....You painted an interesting picture of your "noisy" bed...I always worried when the banging etc. would start and my fur kids would scatter..Baby Girl would hide under the bed but this neighborhood is very quiet....Although I wasn't home last night...We had another card playing marathon at my sister's and I got home about 2:00...It's funny to open my door and be met by a fur baby giving you the "eye"....Tonight, we're going to my friend's house (the one who moved 2 streets away)...She's the one with Alpha 1 and doctor's orders, she needs to lose weight before they put her on the transplant list...SO, we're going to help her by taking care of all the goodies she has in the house and playing cards...We gals are very helpful when it comes to eating....

Jana, Oh my that birthday dinner sounds delish especially the cake! And so glad to hear most of the "sickies" are getting better....Sorry to hear Crenda caught the nasty virus...Good that she has someone who can help....I'm with you with the politics in sports...I could never understand the ratings but of course happy with today's game......I keep thinking how excited Jim would be but again, know he'll be rooting from the bench in Heaven......

Carol, does sound encouraging about your sister...Lots of prayers for continued healing....Quite a resolution but good for you...Mine is only to clean out the sewing room of all those UFO's and other projects (and it might take me all year)...I'm not real good with sticking to it but I'll try, have no reason not too, lol.....

Tina, I really like the idea of your "wish list"....And I hope you get everything on that list...Hope everyone continues to get better and no more "sickies" this new year......

Becca, Happy New Year...Hope and pray it's going to be a good one for both you and DH.....

With the nasty rain, I have the perfect day for starting on that closet but here I am, being lazy...Of course I wasn't too peppy this morning, lack of sleep really throws me off...And if we have another late night tonight, tomorrow might be shot as well...Maybe I'll start my new year on Monday...
As far as dinner, I had to put a couple little pork chops with sauerkraut in the crock pot...I'll mash a couple potatoes...I'll have to double up on the tummy meds but I need to have the pork and sauerkraut today...I might give Kevin a call and if he's not busy, he can come over...When I talked to him yesterday, he said, he's become the laziest person around, just wants to stay in the house with his fur baby...After all his years of working, he's finally able to enjoy doing what he wants.....

Have a little time until the Notre Dame game comes on so I just might take a gander at the closet...Of course I might get overwhelmed and shuck the whole idea......

You all have a great, safe rest of the day....

Happy eating......................

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:51 pm

I'm back 😊
Jana, I'm ordering the ruler table thing Tuesday. I have a store credit of about $90 but had to wait till after the first so the first day they're open which is Tuesday, I'm ordering it 🥰
Carol, oh my goodness, your sister has really been through the wringer! Prayers for her!
I looked at my texts after I posted this morning, I was texting till 1:30! LOL I was trying to stay up with Irish! 😂🤣
Irish, you party animal you! Such a night owl! So happy you're enjoying life 🥰 I can just see Baby Girl's look she was giving you 😂🤣😂🤣
Becca, oh my! You're lucky ❤ I'm so glad ❤
Enjoy your evening 🍷
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:59 pm

Just got off the phone from talking to our MaryRose, she's in the hospital. She could sure use some prayers 🙏
She said she should be able to go home tomorrow and she'll come on QIAD and give everyone the scoop. Prayers would be much appreciated.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:16 pm

Tina - I will add MaryRose to my prayers.

Thanks everyone for prayers for my sister. We have always called her Kay, her name is Kathleen.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”